PDA

View Full Version : Worth a visit with little tikes?

LisaP
07-01-2011, 12:39 AM
I've never been to Universal, and since we are not staying on Disney property in August, I am considering a stop at Universal.

I am wondering if it is worth it to visit the Universal parks with a 5yo and a 2yo? Is there enough to do for my little guys to make it worth a trip? And if so, can both parks be done in one day without an aggressive schedule?

My Disney tickets will cover most days of my trip, so the Universal visit would just be an added expense. I don't mind the cost if there is enough for them to enjoy.

:thanks:

Jillirose
07-01-2011, 06:39 AM
We went when my guys were little and they loved Curious George. We spent half a day there and had to drag them (wet) to other attractions. As, I remember, there was an interactive water display in the queue, so I had to buy towels! We still have them. They also loved ET. Universal has a good page for Rides for Kids (http://www.universalorlando.com/OverviewPages/Rides/ridesforkids.aspx). Not sure on the both parks in one day. I guess it depends on the kids and the day!

NJGIRL
07-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Is there enough for young kids ....YES!

Would I try to do both parks in one day.....NO!

Dress them in bathing suits with something on top because they can get soaked in both parks. Also have them wear sandals or bring them because you don't want their sneakers to get that wet.

LisaP
07-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Thank you! I knew I should have gone with my gut ... planning 2 days for Universal and 2 days for Disney this trip :thumbsup:

It is comforting to know Universal has wet attractions for the kids, because the heat/humidity of late August is something I am NOT looking forward to :fan:

VERY excited about Universal! Thanks again!