PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Cast Member experience!

BrerSchultzy
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Can I use the [email protected]

to send a note about how great a particular cast member was? We met Evelyn at POTC, and she made my son feel like the only kid that ever visited WDW! He introduced himself to her as Pirate Sam (he's obsessed with pirates), and every time she saw him (we rode it a lot), she would say "Ahoy Pirate Sam" or "Captain Sam on deck!" He's only 3, but he's still talking about his friend Evelyn on the Pirates ride. If you see her, tell her Pirate Sam's parents are eternally grateful!

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
That's a lovely story, Steve! I will be sure to look out for Pirate Evelyn and give her the message.

TheVBs
07-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Great story! :mickey:

Jeniflower
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
An Absouletly wondeful cast member experience. You should absolutely tell WDW about it. it's great for them to know how well their cast members do

DVC2004
07-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Aw how sweet! She made some special memories for your little one! You should definitely email them!

Fangorn
07-01-2011, 12:04 PM
To answer your original question - Yes. Yes you can. I sent an email about a fantastic CM experience to this email address a couple of years ago. A few days later I got a call from Disney. They wanted to let me know that they had received the email and that they were taking steps to recognized the CMs in question and had already shared the letter with them and put a copy of it in their personnel file.

I have a DS who is now a CM (in Entertainment) and he assures me that those notes of praise do get to the CMs and make a huge impact both for the individual but for the whole team as well.

Steve

Dulcee
07-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Those are the moments that can really make a vacation memorable.

Send the email! I worked at an aquarium and once in a while would get a note or a phone call made about myself (positive ones!) and it would make my day. It also looks great to one's superiors.

darthmacho
07-01-2011, 01:07 PM
That's awesome! Wish all the CMs were like her. You should definitely send praise her way! :pirate:

brownie
07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
That's great! Send the email. I'd even consider sending it snail mail.

wdwfansince75
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I have it on good authority that Pirate Sam's Grandmother hopes to personally thank Evelyn in just 9 days.

wdwfansince75
07-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Pirate Sam's Grandparents did get to meet Evelyn on July 10th, and did thank her! It struck me that after all these years, we meet an Evelyn, or someone just like her, on every trip. Wonder how many of us would be as gracious, curteous, and knowledgeable, spending hours on our feet, in the heat, the humidity, and, hearing some of the questions CM's get, the stupidity! Thanks again, Evelyn!