PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party

tbyrne77
06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
If you are going just for the MNSSHP do you also have to purchase a park ticket as well as the event ticket?

Melanie
06-30-2011, 06:57 PM
No, an event ticket is all that you will need. In years past (and nothing has lead us to believe otherwise for this year), you could enter MK at 4pm on your party ticket. :mpumpkin:

tbyrne77
06-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks. I know it's not much to add one more day to a 7 day park hopper ticket, but why spend the money if we don't have to!

Melanie
06-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks. I know it's not much to add one more day to a 7 day park hopper ticket, but why spend the money if we don't have to!

Exactly!

Sleep in, enjoy a late breakfast/early lunch, swim, shop, etc. and then head to the party. :ghost::bat:

CanadaLovesDisney
07-01-2011, 01:49 AM
You will love this party!

TKDONALD
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Also dress up in costum. Its fun!!!!! Ill be there on Sept 30:thumbsup: Cant wait

Jason

brivers222
07-01-2011, 11:11 PM
We did all three offered in the week we were there last year.... I will never miss a party that is happening while down there!

Little tip... First thing you do is go to a popcorn cart and buy a popcorn in a souvenir holder. either eat the popcorn or toss it out, but regardless you now have a hard plastic candy holder (and you will need it with all the candy you get)!!!

mariak
07-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Little tip... First thing you do is go to a popcorn cart and buy a popcorn in a souvenir holder. either eat the popcorn or toss it out, but regardless you now have a hard plastic candy holder (and you will need it with all the candy you get)!!!

You can do this but it isn’t necessary. The times that we’ve gone, they’ve always given us "Tick-or-Treat" bags when we got our party bracelets(for proof of event admission). I can’t imagine why they would stop doing that. So, unless you really want that bucket as an extra souvenir, save your money… They will have MNSSHP merchandise there that can ONLY be purchased that night. You might rather spend your money on those items. We’re going in Sept. It’s a GREAT party!!! Have fun! :jack:

brivers222
07-04-2011, 09:33 PM
You can do this but it isn’t necessary. The times that we’ve gone, they’ve always given us "Tick-or-Treat" bags when we got our party bracelets(for proof of event admission). I can’t imagine why they would stop doing that. So, unless you really want that bucket as an extra souvenir, save your money… They will have MNSSHP merchandise there that can ONLY be purchased that night. You might rather spend your money on those items. We’re going in Sept. It’s a GREAT party!!! Have fun! :jack:
well yeah they still give you those flimsy bags but if you want something sturdy its a great tip to use a collectible popcorn tub. plus it makes it a lot easier to hold the bulk of the candy while going out to get more :)

in each party we visited all the stations and filled our bags 4 times each... if we didn't have the other bucket we would have had to miss a lot of the candy filling stations because our bag would have been filled up already. So it came in very handy. it was a tip i learned on here last and am just sharing the love.

DisneyWitch
07-05-2011, 09:42 PM
We do the party every year but never the candy. My children get enough at home so we use the time at Disney to ride the rides and wander in places that aren't usually dark and just absorb the atmosphere. Of course we always see the Horseman, the parade and the fireworks. But everyone else is standing in line for candy, it frees up alot of the park for people who want a quieter holiday experience surrounded by Disney.

mariak
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
well yeah they still give you those flimsy bags but if you want something sturdy its a great tip to use a collectible popcorn tub. plus it makes it a lot easier to hold the bulk of the candy while going out to get more :)

in each party we visited all the stations and filled our bags 4 times each... if we didn't have the other bucket we would have had to miss a lot of the candy filling stations because our bag would have been filled up already. So it came in very handy. it was a tip i learned on here last and am just sharing the love.

My apologies. I wasn’t trying to knock your suggestion. Just wanted to let those who have never gone know that it isn’t necessary and that the park does provide trick-or-treat bags when you get your wristband. As for flimsy…ours have always been nice handled bags made of thick plastic. We’ve NEVER had an issue with that. They hold quite a bit…definitely ENOUGH for sure! The popcorn bucket may be a good idea for some. But, for those who have never been, they should know that they have options.

brivers222
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
My apologies. I wasn’t trying to knock your suggestion. Just wanted to let those who have never gone know that it isn’t necessary and that the park does provide trick-or-treat bags when you get your wristband.

No worries... I just found the pals with handles much easier to manage

Mickey91
07-08-2011, 12:23 AM

We usually go ahead and add the extra day and do a different park for the first part of the day. Just a thought.:mickey: