PDA

View Full Version : Add on Dining?

birdsell
06-30-2011, 05:23 PM
If we do a room-only booking now, can we add the dining plan at a later date or does it have to be done when we make our reservation?

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I want to say you can add up until the day before, but I know you can add it on at least within the last couple of weeks.

CleveRocks
06-30-2011, 06:34 PM
You can add it as late as 72 hours in advance, but it's not that simple.

Unless you are an Annual Passholder or a DVC owner staying on points (or qualify for a certain military promo), if you want to buy the Disney Dining Plan you have to book it as part of a PACKAGE ... you can't add the Disney Dining Plan to a room-only reservation.

So a few things would have to happen. You can't just change a room-only to a package, you'd have to cancel the room-only reservation and make an entirely new package reservation.

If you cancel a room-only fewer than 6 days before arrival, you owe some sort of penalty, forfeiting some percentage of your deposit. If you are entitled to any refund, it will be returned to you (in several days to several weeks) through the method of payment you used. Monies paid towards the deposit on a room-only reservation can't just be applied to your payment for the package reservation.

And when you book a package reservation fewer than 45 days before arrival, you must pay for the entire package IN FULL at the moment you make the reservation. And remember, a package is a bundled purchase of room + tickets, and in your case there would also be the cost of the DDP.

I know it's complicated, but it's accurate. :mickey:

honeebee86
06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Basically, you would have to have some sort of room and ticket combination already booked for normal bookings (I am not sure if the tickets need to be at least one day or two base ticket though) unless you are using an AP or DVC booking in which you can add a dining package to a room only reservation. And I think they ask you to give them a 3 day notice if you want to add it on.:mickey:

CleveRocks
07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
The minimum ticket purchase for a package is a 1-day base ticket. It's the FREE Disney Dining Plan promotion that requires a minimum purchase of a 2-day base ticket.

lighteningqueen
07-05-2011, 10:39 AM
If you have the room plus one day of tickets then you can add dining on up to 3 days prior to your arrival BUT you have to pay for the dining in FULL when you call it in. We always book the room and one day of tickets so we can convert should be change our minds. We pay the rest of our ticket days when we arrive and that also gives us 45 more days to save money for the tickets. Plus they adjust your ticket rates when you add them on at your resort. So much easier to pay for everything on time. We have never been charged a penalty even for being late on the last payment