PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered.....

disney obsessed
06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
How many families have you in their vacation pictures?

PirateLover
06-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Funny. We were just watching a video from 2004, the first WDW trip m y now DH and I took together. He filmed EVERYTHING and I started thinking how many families are in our video. Little girls who are now teens, teens who are now adults (we were 18 and 20 at the time). DH went the morbid route and wondered aloud if anyone in the video was now dead :(

Did you ever see the news story where a husband and wife were looking at old WDW photos and the husband recognized his father in the background of one of the wife's photos, long before they ever knew each other!

Tinkerfreak
06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
a bunch of people have pictures of me and Corbin Bleu in front of the american pavilian. A few years ago dh and I did a solo trip and he was there doing the Disney games or something like that. I was walking along and I felt someone bump into me but thought nothing of it. All of a sudden all these people were snapping pics. I thought why are all these people taking my picture (duh!). Then I turned just in time to see him slip inside a closed off area in the pavilian. There must be a few photos of him and I out there. DH didn't know who he was so he didn't tell me he was next to me. He was with a few cm but I was so fixed on something else I didn't notice him until after he bumped into me.

tazlikesrobots
06-30-2011, 04:09 PM
That is a VERY interesting question! I average 1500+ pictures a trip, so I can just imagine...

DVC2004
06-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Well that's a question worth pondering! Ha!
Also do you ever wonder about the people in your pictures? We just got back from Disney earlier this month and were looking at our photopass pics online. We had a really nice family pic on main street and there was this really tall woman standing right next to us. It almost looks like she is supposed to be in our family she's standing so close. I was like what??? LOL did she not see us all posed for a picture there? Everyone else-other people- were off in the background walking or whatever. It's funny. Also because we are family of short people so to have this tall person in our picture. I think people are so oblivious to what's going on around them at times.

buzznwoodysmom
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
This same topic was brought up a few years ago on another disney fan site. On that site members posted pictures to try and see if anyone showed up in other members pictures. I believe that at least one person was in another member's photo.

I often wonder why so many background people in our pictures look so grumpy. Honestly, about 75% of people in our pictures don't look happy at all!

TheVBs
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Funny! It would be great to see pictures of our family caught in the background - totally different perspective.

buzznwoodysmom - now I've got to take a look at ours to see how people look. Maybe they're not really grumpy, just hot, or thinking of where to go next?

Kairi_7378
06-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I wonder how many pictures I am in of other people, too! Not only in WDW, but near work as well, since I work in one of the tourist-y areas of Philly and there always people stopping in front of me to snap pictures!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-30-2011, 10:34 PM
I know there is one group that I made sure I was in their pix. Every time I took a picture, they'd walk into it. So I started doing the same to them! I hope they like me....

Ed
07-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Did you ever see the news story where a husband and wife were looking at old WDW photos and the husband recognized his father in the background of one of the wife's photos, long before they ever knew each other!

There was a little more to that story. His father was pushing a stroller containing...you guessed it... HIM! And his future wife was in the foreground of the picture.

Ian
07-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Yep. We have that conversation a lot, actually. In fact, when I notice someone taking a photo and see that I'm going to be in it I'll often smile or wave or make a funny face or something.

I figure it'll give them one of those, "Oh look at that!" moments when they get home. :D

Melanie
07-02-2011, 08:09 AM
I apologize right now for any of you who may have a goofy looking Marine making the peace sign in their pics. Sometimes I can't control the hubby. :blush:

MissMaryPoppins
07-05-2011, 11:12 PM
It's funny you brought this up. My brother and his fiancee are getting married in Disney World next weekend and they are putting together a collage of childhood Disney vacation pictures.While we were looking through them last week my very soon to be sister in law said it would be funny if our families found each other in our snap shots.