PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream

jenperich
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I have only had take-out from Beaches & Cream, and would like to go there for dessert on this upcoming trip w/DH. I have read that we should try to go on an "off time". Well, does anyone have any idea when such a time would be? Thanks for the help!

MarkC
06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
We've been there at peak times and off times, but it really depends on the time of day you go. If you just want dessert, you shouldn't have to wait long for a table, and you can stroll around the grounds at Stormalong Bay for a few minutes if need be. Just avoid lunch and dinner times, when the waits can be 30-60 minutes for a table. At off times you should have a minimal wait, especially if its during a slower park time. And you will enjoy their desserts.

MinnieMommie
07-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Love Beaches and Cream! I agree that you should avoid meal times if you do not want what at times can be a significant wait. One thing to consider is getting some food if you plan to go in and sit down. The food is good and the portions are large so you can split you meal and then order desert (and maybe split that too). :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I'd consider an off time to be around 3:00 or 8:30 to 9:00-ish (when most people are off watching Illuminations).

I know that most people go to B&C for their ice cream, but I just wanted to pipe in that I had the best piece of chocolate cake I have ever had there a few years ago. :tasty:

7165red
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
We got seated at about 7:30 -8pm and we were able to ger a booth.

mariak
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
We went around 3:00 or 4:00 a couple years ago for dessert only and had about a 15 minute wait. After seeing the Kitchen Sink Sundae on the Travel Channel many years ago, I kept saying, “one day we’re gonna get one,” but a couple trips in a row, we just didn’t make it over there. Finally, we made it….and it was well worth the wait. The kids and my parents got a big kick out of the sirens going off and everything. But, in my opinion, the “No Way Jose” that my DH ordered was WAY better! If you like peanut butter and fudge, that would be my recommendation! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

ransam
07-09-2011, 12:10 PM
can someone tell me more about beaches and creme.

mariak
07-09-2011, 01:41 PM
can someone tell me more about beaches and creme.

Hey there “Shawnee, KS”! Great to see a neighbor…I grew up in Kansas City…specifically, Roeland Park, KS. I’m now in Jefferson City, MO but KC is still “home” in my heart. So it’s nice to see a “neighbor”.

Now, for Beaches & Cream - It’s a cute little (and I mean, pretty small) Soda Shop at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. You can have lunch, dinner, or just snacks while listening to the jukebox. I found out about it many years ago when it was featured on the Travel Channel for their “Kitchen Sink Sundae”. The sundae has 8 scoops of ice-cream, all the toppings, and a whole can of whipped cream! To add to the whole experience, when you order it, they run the siren and the waitress announces its arrival as she presents it to your table served in a huge kitchen sink shaped dish. You need several people to eat it. It is good, but I prefer the "No Way Jose". Btw...I hear the food is good too but we've only had the ice-cream.

If you decide to go, I would recommend going at a time other than peak meal hours. It is a small place and, depending on what time of year that you visit, you could have a long wait. Also, if you do an internet search on "Beaches & Cream Kitchen Sink Sundae" you can find some YouTube videos as well. Hope this helps! :mickey:

Disney4us2
07-09-2011, 04:20 PM
We ate lunch there in December and didn't have to wait long for a booth. We were there at lunch time as well. We didn't have the ice cream... too cold that day for ice cream. We had the burgers and they were very good. DD did have a milkshake with her lunch and it looked great.

During this time of the year when it is hot, there will probably be crowds and like others suggested. It is better to go at the off peak dining times.

azcavalier
07-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Been there twice. Got the Kitchen Sink Sundae both times. Last time, since there were 11 of us, we got two!

Both times we've gone, we've hit it around 3pm, and have never had a wait. But we're just going for a mid-afternoon treat, not for a meal.