PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party

MarkC
06-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Does anyone in the know have any idea if this is going to continue past July? They only have reservations thru July 31. It sounds fun and tasty, but if they only have reservations one month out it makes me wonder if they are discontinuing it. Thanks.

mariak
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
There was another thread about this a couple days ago. Here is my response:

I had the same thing happen as one of the other posts. I called for all my Sept. ressies back in March. I kept trying to book the dessert party but the calendar did not (and still does not show that it is even available). I finally called the dining line and, as far as the cast member that I spoke with could tell, it may be a seasonal thing which may not book beyond those dates which are already out. I really didn’t get a definite answer so I just keep checking.

With a little luck, maybe we'll eventually get in.
Good Luck! :mickey:

IamBelle
06-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I was wondering the same thing and called the dining line. They told me the website doesn't show anything passed July because of my current ADRs. I purchased the dining plan, so the computer wouldn't show any reservations for the dessert party because it is not on the dining plan. We were able to make reservations for our August trip by calling the dining line.

ONE CHANGE to the dessert party is that they took away the tables and is now standing room only (according to the CM on the phone). The CM reccommended to arrive early so you can get a good spot to see the fireworks.

KylesMom
06-29-2011, 03:11 PM
ONE CHANGE to the dessert party is that they took away the tables and is now standing room only (according to the CM on the phone). The CM reccommended to arrive early so you can get a good spot to see the fireworks. So you're paying for dessert but have to stand around to eat it? That's bizzare, especially for the fees they are charging. Not a good fit for families with small children either . . .

IamBelle
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
That is what I thought too...but that is what the CM told me...they also lowered the price a little since I went in Spring 2010. I still think its worth it since you get to eat as much dessert as you want while getting to see the fireworks without having to be squished in the crowd.

KylesMom
06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
they also lowered the price a little since I went in Spring 2010. I still think its worth it since you get to eat as much dessert as you want while getting to see the fireworks without having to be squished in the crowd. I would suspect that removing the tables also lets them increase the head count quite a bit per show . . . at least they lowered the price a bit!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
06-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Tried calling again today and they said that there are no dates set for August or September as of right now. Seems that there is so much confusion surrounding this event.

I would think that Disney would do a better job of making people aware of upcoming events like the Wishes Dessert Party so as to be able to plan ahead and make reservations rather than have to call weekly to see about availability and / or checking the WDW website every other day.

IamBelle
07-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Tried calling again today and they said that there are no dates set for August or September as of right now.

If you are on the Dining plan, you need to call them again and tell them that you realize its not on the plan. If they do not put your reservation number in their computer, they should be able to book it for you. That is what they did for me so it should work.

Katzateer
07-01-2011, 08:50 PM
We just go to California Grill and get desserts and watch Wishes there.