PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Question

meldan98
06-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm thinking about getting an annual pass and I've got a few questions.

1. If I buy one of the 3 day $199 tickets, can I apply that purchase to an annual pass?
2. If I get one of the annual passes with restrictions, is there a way to pay a premium for going to a the park on a black out day? If so, what is that premium?

Thank you!

robnadina
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
1) Yes you can - Any ticket you buy can be used as a "down payment" towards an annual pass.

2) The last I checked, the price to go to Disneyland on a blackout day was $55. This may be higher now due to the recent increase. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Have a great day

tinkwest
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking about getting an annual pass and I've got a few questions.

1. If I buy one of the 3 day $199 tickets, can I apply that purchase to an annual pass?
2. If I get one of the annual passes with restrictions, is there a way to pay a premium for going to a the park on a black out day? If so, what is that premium?

Thank you!

1) Yes you can - Any ticket you buy can be used as a "down payment" towards an annual pass.

2) The last I checked, the price to go to Disneyland on a blackout day was $55. This may be higher now due to the recent increase. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Have a great day

1 - Keep in mind that this must be done while the original ticket is still valid.

2 - Blockout Day tickets are now $59.

meldan98
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
So, here is my dilema.

Bear in mind that I'm not trying to skirt any rules at all...

I am planning on purchasing either a 2 day - 1 park each day pass or the 3 Day Park Hopper Deal. We plan on going to the parks either on Friday and Saturday ($158) or Thursday, Friday & Saturday ($199).

If, on Saturday I intend to purchase the annual pass and only purchase the ticket with blackout dates, what happens if Saturday is blacked out? Can I still use either the $158 or the $199 as credit toward the annual pass?

BrerGnat
06-29-2011, 08:22 PM
If you upgrade to the pass on a blackout day, you will be allowed admittance that day. Same goes if you show up and purchase a restricted pass on a blackout day. The pass would be valid that day.

It's the only time you can legitimately visit the parks on a blackout day without having to pay the fee.

meldan98
06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Final questions, (I hope)...

If I upgrade on Saturday, would I get to use the full $158 value or would it just be Saturday's value?

Also, where do I upgrade?

Thank you.

BrerGnat
06-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Final questions, (I hope)...

If I upgrade on Saturday, would I get to use the full $158 value or would it just be Saturday's value?

Also, where do I upgrade?

Thank you.

The full original price you paid for your pass will go towards the upgrade.

You can do this at Guest Services outside the parks, or at any of the ticket booths. Just has to be done prior to midnight on the last day the ticket is valid.