PDA

View Full Version : HS 4th of July Fireworks

BugeyedMuggy
06-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know if HS 4th fireworks can be seen from the walkway between HS & Boardwalk or are there lots of low ones. We were thinking instead of craming in a park to watch from a distance.

DizneyRox
06-29-2011, 12:38 PM
It used to be Fantasy in the Sky if I recall correctly, however now that the hat covers the Chinese theater, I have to guess that they changed them and to make them viewable they would need to be higher.

BUT, I'm not sure the vantage point from there will be great. If I recall, the Swan (or is it the Dolphin) is pretty close to the road that runs between the BW and the park, the walkway dips down to go under the bridge, and then the area on the other side of the bridge closer to MGM is wooded and/or blocked by the Fantasmic! arena and also the Tower of Terror.

MGM wouldn't be my first choice for 4th of July fireworks. Inside the park would be comparable to a sardine can.

Epcot has always been my choice for the 4th. Still would be, if I was there...

BugeyedMuggy
06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the help. We just thought not being able to see the HS fireworks any other time, this would be our chance. But I certinally don't want to be shoulder to shoulder. Epcot is always our favorite so I guess we will try to see them.

DizneyRox
06-29-2011, 07:35 PM
That's the problem with MGM. Fantasmic is their nighttime show. So, when they do end up doing a special event, everyone wants to see it. And, the layout quite frankly, stinks for that type of show. Finally, they took up a lot of room with that forsaken hat, and you've got a recipe for misery...

We did it once. People's kids were freaking out due to the fireworks, so they were trying to leave, disrupting everyone else, yada, yada, yada... Saw a few altercations that almost came to blows...

Not a good experience...

Christine
07-02-2011, 05:39 PM
We saw fireworks at DHS for the press event for lights motors action in 05- I rather liked fireworks there.
We are going Monday night too for the 4th bc we really like mulch sweat & shears. :thumbsup:
We will leave there and head to epcot (on foot) and double dip of we walk fast enough for illuminations finale.
Tomorrow we will do mk.

This is our first fourth to do the parks- usually say in celebration for the show here and the convenience of home but we love new years at the parks so want to do a 4th. We shall see. :)

And I think fantasy in the sky was mk's old show, & sorcerer in the sky was MGM? But I've slept since then!! Hahaha! ;)

DizneyRox
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
You are correct, it is/was Sorcerer in the Sky...

BugeyedMuggy
07-05-2011, 06:52 AM
We watched the Studio fireworks from the walkway last nite and it was the most amazing spot to view them. It was just after going under the bridge (coming from the Boardwalk) The fireworks were centered in a panoramic view with the hat right in the middle. People leaving at the end from watching inside the park said it was hard to view them all. We had no problem with that. We also got to see Epcot on the walk home. A couple of people were filming them so I'm sure they will be on the internet.

DizneyRox
07-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Good to know. I do that walk if by some odd chance we want to go to MGM, and the view doesnt look like it would be good for much. It's not often there's a chance for real fireworks at the studios.