PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin

RedSoxFan
06-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Which would you chose and why? I have reservations for the Swan (2 connecting rooms). However, the boys (19 & 21) are yapping about having to share a bed. DH will have the other bed and DD (15 at trip) & I are in the other room. I can get a rollaway at the Dolphin for $25/day and have requested an updated price from Terrisue to see if the Dolphin is cheaper (it was at time of booking). Of course, it would have to be $200 cheaper to justify the rollaway!!

Thanks for the input in advanced!!

Jillirose
06-27-2011, 05:39 PM
I think the beds are Queen at Swan - Dolphin's are Full size. DH and I thought they were fine - he is 6'3". Also, the quick service/casual type restaurants are at the Dolphin - Fountain, Picabu, and the Cabana Bar. It's also a nice walk :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2011, 07:43 PM
My sis would bring a blow up mattress and the kids would take turns sleeping on that. You just lean it against the wall when not in use.

I personally prefer the Dolphin because you are closer to the grotto pool and you have more restaurant choices, including the 24 hours Picabu.

The Swan is smaller and more intimate with queen size beds.

Dream'nDisney
07-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Perhaps if you tell the manager at the Swan that you have two adult boys that will be sharing a bed, they will work with you. We just stayed at YC and they said since they had enough roll-aways to accommodate all their guests during our stay, they would give us the roll-away complimentary during our stay. I just love that Disney magic. :mickey: p.s. Of course, you wouldn't know if you could get the roll-away for free until you arrive, but it is worth asking for some sort of discount since you are paying for two rooms.