PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten??

bburky502
06-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello all!
I just booked our 2012 trip!!!:party:
We are going the first week of June so of course I am feeling pressured to get our dining plans all arranged!!!! We have our usual restaurants that we go to, but I think this trip we will be expanding our horizons somewhat.
I am looking for thoughts,experiences,opinions on the Biergarten. We have never eaten there and we are thinking about giving it a try.

Thanks!

mdricks
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I do it every trip. Its a fixed cost (buffet), it has a floor show, the food is very tasty, you get to meet new people, the beer is tall and plentyful.

We like to do this for lunch on a day that we have a late dinner, or no dinner. For some reason I just like it better for lunch.

Ziggy zocky ziggy zocky hoy hoy hoy!!!!

:number1:

Scar
06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
For me, when you combine value, entertainment, quality, and themeing, Biergarten is my favorite restaurant.

Prost!

alpro2
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Another :thumbsup: for Biergarten. We usually hit it every trip. Love the themeing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Another :thumbsup: from my family. It is one of our "must-do's" every trip, and is actually one of DD's top 3 choices in all of Disney.

The food is good, the theming is great, and the show is entertaining ... can't be beat.

Mickey'sGirl
06-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Another :thumbsup: for Biergarten. We usually hit it every trip. Love the themeing.This guy got us to try it for the first time a few years back, and we loved it! Tasty food, and lots of fun! We'll be hitting the Biergarten in August! :thumbsup:

squijee
06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Is the music really loud?

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Fun and the food is decent. You will be seated with another family didn't know if you knew that.

disneydeb
06-27-2011, 06:31 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
06-27-2011, 08:06 PM
This is a must do for our family!!

Seems to be a favorite of both young & old (even my DS14 who is a very picky eater).

:chef:

alpro2
06-27-2011, 08:56 PM
This guy got us to try it for the first time a few years back, and we loved it! Tasty food, and lots of fun! We'll be hitting the Biergarten in August! :thumbsup:
We'll be there Wednesday, August 17.

AmandaChan
06-27-2011, 10:24 PM
We went in 2009 and again this year. We will probably go again every year.. I love the atmosphere and the food.. If you have a bunch of picky eaters like my BIL and my niece then maybe you shouldn't go. Sister in law was upset because he wouldn't eat anything and they were dropping $30's on a meal. If you love to eat and are open about what you eat than you'll like it... but be warned .. there are no 'safe' foods.. like chicken tenders or 'american' foods on the buffet except for maybe mac and cheese.. but everyone in our party agreed --- the desserts were awesome! I love the shnitzel (sp) and curry ketchup and oktoberfest beer... my favorite! :beer:

AmandaChan
06-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Is the music really loud?

I was concerned about this when we went... we were seated right at the front with our 1 year old and I was worried he would get upset.. he was perfectly fine and it wasn't THAT loud and he had a great time!

EpcotFan182
06-28-2011, 07:34 AM
More good vibes for Biergarten! The food is good and the atmosphere is amazing. You do get seated with other families, but we've always had good experiences with that and it gave us the chance to meet new people!

MarkC
06-28-2011, 09:22 AM
The music is not that loud. Its the one place we go where we almost forget we're at Disney and think we're in Germany.

We love it and go every year, and already have our reservations for September.

BeccaO
06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Always a "must-do" for our family every year!!! We love it and we love the food!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyDINK
06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
I really enjoy Biergarten and I've gone the last 2 trips, but there are some potential negatives:

1. Buffet is pretty good not great.
2. Unless you're a party of 5-8 they seat you with other guests, which is fine, but whenever I go it is like the German CMs who handle the seating say "Here comes Evan, Let's find the dullest, most stoic, stick-in-mudds currently wandering through Epcot and make sure that they're at the same table with him." (Only they say it in German.)

On the positive side, I love the entertainment and the beer, German lagers by the liter and half liter. Despite my issues I plan to go again next trip.

bburky502
06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks everyone! We are a group of 7 so I am guessing we will be at our own table. I am thinking we will give it a try! Like I said, we seem to always go to the same places everytime we go, and this time I thought we would try something new. Thanks again everyone!

moe513
06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
We really like the Beiragarten. However, the food in my opinion is not good. We have been 5 times.

andreallybadeggs
07-03-2011, 12:22 AM
"... but whenever I go it is like the German CMs who handle the seating say 'Here comes Evan, Let's find the dullest, most stoic, stick-in-mudds currently wandering through Epcot and make sure that they're at the same table with him.'(Only they say it in German.)"

:funny::rotfl::funny:

Fastpasssteve
07-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Hallo! Hier kommt Evan!

I love this restaurant. Not only do we eat here every trip, it is always our first meal during the trip. It helps us leave the outside world and transition into 'vacation mode.' Great food and big German beers (I love the weisse beers) and sitting with fun people (fingers crossed!)...go expecting a good time.

Enjoy your time there in WDW!

MarkC
07-04-2011, 02:35 PM
One comment about the people sitting with you that you won't know-- remember they are also on a Disney vacation. Almost without exception people are very friendly and are probably a little wary about sitting with people they don't know as well. But every time we've been there (8-10 times) we've had nothing but great results talking to the "strangers". You'll love it.