PDA

View Full Version : How much notice do you need when booking a room only ressie?

BrerGnat
06-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of days you need to book ahead if you want a room only ressie?

We are in a position where we MAY head down to WDW for a few days, in the next couple weeks, but it'll be EXTREMELY last minute. Assuming there are rooms available, could we book, like, a day or two ahead of when we want to arrive?

Strmchsr
06-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Natalie - if there's one available, you can book the day of. You would just have to make full payment at time of booking.

Kenny1113
06-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Yep. I've booked either the night before or day of. :mickey:

Tink1
06-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I have booked people that called while on their way to Disney. They started a package the next day but made better time driving than they anticipated and needed a room only in about 4 hours!

Nanc

frozman
06-26-2011, 03:37 PM
One thing to keep in mind, I don't know if Disney's website acts this way but I know Priceline/Orbitz etc and several major hotel chains websites do. If you plan to make a reservation on your smart phone or computer late at night, the systems will not let you book a room after midnight for that night, as it is technically the next day, and no one needs a reservation for yesterday ;). In other words on Wednesday night/thurs Morning at 12:01 am you can only make reservations for Thursday night and beyond. I assume you could call their number though. I'm just more of an online guy, don't like to be put on hold.

teambricker04
06-26-2011, 04:09 PM
We have called on a Saturday afternoon and been at the hotel the next day by lunch time! It was one of our best trips!! Like others have said, you have to pay in full. Also, if doing ME, I don't recall how that worked. I think we just picked up our own bags but it maybe different now.

buzznwoodysmom
06-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Natalie,

We almost always arrive in WDW a day before our official reservation starts. We've called while on the road headed to WDW for a room for that night and have never had any problems. Last summer we arrived in WDW, went to Shades of Green to get our tickets, then called from the SOG parking lot and got a room for that night at POR. We arrived at Riverside about 20 minutes later and our reservation was already in the computer. You shouldn't have any problems finding a room, might not be your first choice if some of the resorts are full. Have fun if you decide to go.

Melanie
06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Yep, just did a night before last week. And easy as pie with the military discount.

pianobabe
06-27-2011, 09:46 PM
A couple of years ago DH and I were headed to Savannah, but then decided to drive on to WDW instead. I called on the way down and we were able to get a room for 3 nights without any problem. I was actually surprised, because it was early July when we did this.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I called from the FL Turnpike 20 minutes prior to my arrival and booked a room-only reservation without problems. They even went in the back and made sure I could keep the same room when my week-long reservation kicked in the following day.

Scar
06-28-2011, 10:04 AM
I walked into POP once at 11:00PM. No availability. They called over to All Stars and booked a room for me over there. No problem.

Another time I missed my 7:00PM flight. I rented a car and drove back to Epcot for Illuminations. On my way out of the park, I stopped by Guest Services and they booked me a room at All Stars.

BrerGnat
06-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like it's easy to do last minute.

It seems more likely that we'll be heading down to WDW. As of now, our stuff has been moved out of our house, and will sit in a warehouse "until we find a driver for the shipment." So, sounds like we won't be moving into our new house for another few weeks at least. Need to do something fun to pass the time. :mickey: