PDA

View Full Version : Question About Employment at Disney

Davyjones
06-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey everyone! Just a quick question for anyone who can help. Without giving away too many details, I interviewed with Disney down in Orlando for a position in one of the parks. They flew me down, put me up at one of the resorts and got me a rental car. After the interview, they said it could be some time before a decision was made. I was just wondering if Disney would contact me whether I get the job or not. I have tried to ask the recruiter who initially contacted me and set up everything, but so far, no response. Disney might just have a policy where they don't contact people unless they are chosen for a position. A lot of businesses do this, but I'm hoping Disney isn't one of them. I just would like to know either way, of course.

Has anyone here interviewed for a Disney job and, if so, know if they'll contact those who have interviewed either way? I appreciate any help you all can give me! :thumbsup: Thanks a bunch guys!! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I can't answer your question, but wanted to say good luck!

Christine
06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm sure someone will be by shortly that can offer more help, but I applied for a seasonal job (for the discount! :blush: ) when I first moved here, before i found my current job. They gave me a card with a phone number and said if I hadn't heard anything in x amount of days to call and I could check.

Did you get something like that? I hope it all works out!

Davyjones
06-25-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm sure someone will be by shortly that can offer more help, but I applied for a seasonal job (for the discount! :blush: ) when I first moved here, before i found my current job. They gave me a card with a phone number and said if I hadn't heard anything in x amount of days to call and I could check.

Did you get something like that? I hope it all works out!

Thanks buzznwoodysmom and cantgetenuff!! :) I appreciate the support!!! I didn't get one of those types of cards during (unfortunately) during my interview. Maybe it's something that they give to people applying for seasonal spots? :confused: I applied for a full-time spot, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Like I said, I would just like to know either way. It's like, when do I say "I didn't get the job. Oh well." if I haven't heard from them at all. I'm just kind of up in the air right now.

Also, cantgetenuff, were you in Orlando when you got the seasonal spot? I heard it helps if you live there. Thanks! :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-25-2011, 08:14 PM
It depends on the position. If they were flying you in and putting you up in a resort it sounds like your applying for something more than a front line Cast Member. In that case, they will probably let you know either way. With the applications for many of their seasonal and front line positions (cashiers, ride workers, etc) they either don't reply or, as noted above, give you a number to call to check the status of your application.

Jillirose
06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Good Luck, and keep us updated! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
06-25-2011, 11:14 PM
:fingers: Just wanted to say good luck... hope to be in your position some day! (although not FT... just PT... but still, a Disney job is a Disney job, right?? ;)) I sure hope you hear back some positive news!

Christine
06-26-2011, 12:09 AM
:

Also, cantgetenuff, were you in Orlando when you got the seasonal spot? I heard it helps if you live there. Thanks! :mickey:

I am here, yes. I think it does help to an extent. I couldn't accept the position because With my "day job" I could only offer nights and weekends. For seasonal you have to be available any day/ shift, even though it may only be a few weeks out of the year. She said the leaders do the schedules each week Amd they can't "set" it for someone seasonal- so I guess seasonal is a filler maybe, I guess.
But like chris said, for them to fly you down and put you up like that is pretty significant! Maybe you could call someone, like the recruiter could direct you to HR?
Casting is cool isn't it?! I love the giant doors And all the characters!! And the Disney movies playing in the waiting area!
I thought the interviewer's office looked like a cartoon! No stuffy cubicles there! Neat!

I wish you the best of luck! Let us know!

DVC2004
06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
First off, best wishes and good luck to you- sounds exciting! Usually they do not contact you if you did not get the position. However, it can sometimes take a while for them to decide. If you've contacted the recruiter there's not too much else to do. If you go back and log in to your job application profile, they will load a bunch of forms there if you are hired. If you don;t see anything then either there's no change or you didn't get it. PM me if you have other questions. I worked for them in a non-park capacity. I also interviewed for another role but was not selected. That time I was not contacted.

Davyjones
06-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the best wishes!! :thumbsup: I will keep you all informed if I hear anything from them at all. I would love to know either way, of course. But, it is what it is. Hopefully I hear something positive!!

Thanks for the offer, DVC2004! I will PM you if I have any other questions. :mickey:

cantgetenuff, I actually did not interview at Casting, but I hear that the building is very cool!! I interviewed at Animal Kingdom. Maybe someday, I'll see that building from the inside!!! :)

Thanks gang!! You're all awesome!! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
06-28-2011, 10:19 AM
DaveyJones,
First off, Good luck! I really hope you get the position or one very similar to the one you applied for. I will be retireing from the Army in just under 2 years and I want to go work for them as well.
I go to the HR site and look at their job postings probably once a week. I know its to far out to do anything but tease myself but its better than nothing.
I actually have a few questions as well.

How far out should I put my Resume in? Since I will retire around march or april of 2013, when should I put it in and start trying to call the recruiters?

How flexible are they on education requirements? For example, I have an Associates Degree in Military Intelligence Operations. I know that the jobs I will be looking for require a BS degree, but will they take my 17 years (21 years total)experience in Army Intelligence into consideration and perhaps waive the degree requirement? I am hoping to find an Anti-Terrorism/Security leadership type position. Ive seen the Corp have them from time to time so I know its out there.

If anyone can give me some good advice I would be eternally grateful.

Jim&AngieMarriner
06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Also, DaveyJones, I just saw that im probably 20 miles south of you. cool!

DisneyorBust
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Just wanted to add my "Good Luck" to you Davyjones! I hope that it works out in your favor!

Davyjones
07-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Hey everyone! Just a little note to say, again, that I appreciate all your good thoughts and wishes! :mickey: Unfortunately, it has been 2.5 months since I interviewed and no word yet, so I'm going to assume that I was not chosen. Oh well. It is what it is, right? :) I tried and gave it my all! I guess that I wasn't what Disney was looking for. I'll keep trying whenever the opportunity presents itself. As Dory says, "Just keep swimming!" :dory:

I do truly appreciate everyone's support here at Intercot!! You all are AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

brownie
07-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I tried and gave it my all! I guess that I wasn't what Disney was looking for. I'll keep trying whenever the opportunity presents itself. As Dory says, "Just keep swimming!" :dory:

:thumbsup: Great attitude!

TexansInNY
07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I second brownie, Davy! As a VP at a very large company and having dealt with recruiters on boths sides of the table I will tell you that yours seems to be one of those I would not call back. The kind that is informed you did not get hired so they (showing how much they truly care) move on to the next warm body that offers hope.

With an attitude like yours it is their loss. Keep going and you will have far better!

:thumbsup:

Davyjones
07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks brownie and Texans!!! :thumbsup: I appreciate the good thoughts and support! Maybe next time, right? :D Like I said, I just have to keep plugging away, I guess!

Thanks again guys! You rock!! :mickey:

civilmousefan
07-21-2011, 04:46 PM
When it comes to employment - you just never know. I was once up for a position with a company after going through several interviews and ending with the owner of the company. He told me that I should expect an offer within days. Unfortunately, they chose someone else.

After a couple of months that person decided that the job was not for him and he quit. As I was their second choice, they called me and asked me if I was still interested. As I had already moved on, it was a hard choice - but decided to take their offer.

I quickly learned why their first choice had quit. However, through a strange set of circumstances - company consolidations and ownership changes, I now have the best job I have ever had!

The bottom line is that you never know the status of how your interview went unless they come right out and tell you. It could be that for some reason, they simply haven't filled the position. Or, they have filled the position you interviewed for, but the interviewer is keeping your name and is possibly matching you to another position.

So keep that good attitude, move on to your next project, and trust that all will work out.
Good luck.

DVC2004
07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't get it. Maybe something will happen in the future. Best of luck to you!