PDA

View Full Version : The Final Countdown!!

CajunDisneyDad
06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Well we are at the 12 day mark until we are..home lol. I dont know if anyone else is going but this will be our first time going during the summer time...should be intersting :) Just knowing its going to be HOT!!!!:thedolls:

Daisy712
06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
We are also going this summer. We went last summer and we beat the heat by going back to the hotel and swimming in the afternoon. There is nothing like Disney in the evening. It is so fun and cooler when the sun is down. Have a great time.:mickey:

KylesMom
06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
We're at the 16 day mark & usually go in the summertime. Stay hydrated, take breaks, find misters and cool water to splash yourself as needed & it's all good. I'm sure you'll have a great time! :mickey:

ransam
06-24-2011, 11:33 AM
My phone says it's 81 days, 3 hours, and 2 minutes until i'm there

Mickey'sIrishPAl
06-24-2011, 11:53 AM
I'll see ya there. We're at the 82 day mark.

BugeyedMuggy
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
We will be there in 9 days. We were there last in July 2004. It is hot but the humidity is what will wipe you out. Just drink plenty of water and take an afternoon rest in AC or pool. We are from NE and last July it was over 100° here.

steamboat willy
06-24-2011, 12:32 PM
My phone says it's 81 days, 3 hours, and 2 minutes until i'm there

I'll see ya there. We're at the 82 day mark.

Mine says 90 days, 15 hours and 12 minutes until we leave. We'll be right behind you.
CajunDad, enjoy the Magic and beat the :thedolls:
Remember..... 11 days tomorrow.

Disney4
06-24-2011, 12:48 PM
We are also going this summer. We went last summer and we beat the heat by going back to the hotel and swimming in the afternoon. There is nothing like Disney in the evening. It is so fun and cooler when the sun is down. Have a great time.:mickey:

Just as few days away and I second this advice. Taking a break for a swim and a frozen drink with a nap is the only way to go. I really pity the people I see "Grinding" through the parks, completely sweaty and grey-looking from heat exhaustion.

In fact, that is our safe word for "Time to go" - GRINDING

Anyways, just three days to go, and of course, this worry-free trip was all booked with Wendy at MJ! :thumbsup:

spoiledraf
06-24-2011, 01:20 PM
42 days out for us. Long drive first (17 hrs) then a night at ASM before checking in at BC for 5 days. A short stop in Atlanta on the way home to visit my grandson (who I'd love to take along but can't take just one).
then buckle down for 14 months of work before a family retirement party at Disney the week before Thanksgiving.

Not really looking forward to the heat. Just hope the rest of the crew we're are going with are willing to get going early and go back evenings. A "we don't need a plan, we'll just wing it" group. Most of us know how that turns out. Oh, and only two ADR's. But I'll still be in Disney!! Yea!

squad51
06-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Just got back one week ago. Yes it was hot. Every day in the 90's. It's not too bad if the dew point is low. Those late afternoon showers help to cool it down. My next trip will be in the winter.

dumbomydumbo
06-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Taking our(will be) 22months identical twin grandsons:mickey::mickey:.

Can wait to see theire faces when they see Mickey for the first time in person:crying:

We always went in the summer when our kids were little...Agree take that afternoon break at the hotel or pool. It is wonderful!!

How are the crowds in Sept??

dumbomydumbo
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM

Can wait to see their faces when they see Mickey for the first time in person:crying:

We always went in the summer when our kids were little...Agree take that afternoon break at the hotel or pool. It is wonderful!!

CajunDisneyDad
06-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Can wait to see their faces when they see Mickey for the first time in person:crying:

We have gone in Sept for our honeymoon a few years ago.. Crowds were light and weather was awesome lol. My DS is 2 and this will be his fourth trip lol. I didt go until I was 30 for the first time...making sure DS doesnt go without like I did lol

indytraveler
06-24-2011, 03:05 PM
We were a summer time Disney family. I used past tense verb b/c its been too long (3 years). Kids have grown....

Anyways, stay hydrated, plan your day so you can be "inside", with shows or late lunches, and bring PONCHOS. B/C you will get wet. As long as you know you'll be wet you'll enjoy your day that much more.

Have Fun!

MrPeetrie
06-24-2011, 03:54 PM
CajunDisneyDad, enjoy your trip. For us, we're still 111 days away.

I, too, have never been there in summer. We usually go in eiher May or October. I would LOVE to go once in the peak summer season, but that is my business' busiest time. Maybe one day I'll get to go. Until then, have fun, CajunDisneyDad, for those of us who are stuck at home!!!

SpaceMountainManiac
06-24-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm on my countdown too - July 2nd - 2 weeks of fun and nostalgia. Remember to get your free drink at Club Kool and when it gets too hot have an air conditioned snooze in Universe of Energy! I realise that it has become a bit of a siesta ride! I hope you have a great time.

CajunDisneyDad
06-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks everyone :)

DS(2) woke up with me this morning (I usually am up around 5:00am for work) and the first thing out of his mouth was Mickey Mouses House! lol, I think he is ready to go :P:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Have a wonderful time. We are thinking of driving over next Sunday for the day.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
175 days for us

WDW24
06-26-2011, 12:08 AM
18 days! can't wait!

LudwigVonDrake
06-26-2011, 10:36 AM
10 days until I leave for WDW and the Wilderness Lodge. i can do online check-in starting today :mickey:

mgmnut
06-26-2011, 01:37 PM
20 Days until we leave!!

Villas at Wilderness Lodge July 16 -23rd. So excited, never stayed at, or been in this resort before, but love the look of it. I haven't been in the summer since I was a kid, we usually go in late winter or early spring. We are looking forward to the late park hours, not looking forward to the heat!

We haven't been down since 2006, we are long overdue!!

Gibbs
06-26-2011, 03:57 PM
We are in the summer weather pattern down here. Highs are in the low to mid 90's and the humidity is high. This combination usually sets up afternoon thunderstorms. Normally lasting about an hour or two, depending on the severity. Some of the storms can be a little violent, however they are usually quick and end as fast as they start. Drink plenty of liquids, and save your indoor attractions for early afternoon and you should be good to go. Have a great time.:D

CajunDisneyDad
06-26-2011, 10:00 PM
10 days until I leave for WDW and the Wilderness Lodge. i can do online check-in starting today :mickey:

We will be there at the same time :) and at the same resort! We are only going July 6th-11th however. Did online checkin this morning!

slegrant
06-26-2011, 10:15 PM
We arrive home in 5 days. We will be staying at Fort Wilderness July 1st through the 12th........can't wait:mickey:

CajunDisneyDad
06-27-2011, 07:39 AM
We are in the summer weather pattern down here. Highs are in the low to mid 90's and the humidity is high. This combination usually sets up afternoon thunderstorms. Normally lasting about an hour or two, depending on the severity. Some of the storms can be a little violent, however they are usually quick and end as fast as they start. Drink plenty of liquids, and save your indoor attractions for early afternoon and you should be good to go. Have a great time.:D

Thank you for the update :) This should be a fun trip. It will be DS first time flying. Honestly I am not as much worried about him flying as I am about TSA... they have a habbit of searching little kids in New Orleans...

wdwfansince75
06-27-2011, 08:46 AM
12 days, and counting! DS#2, DDiL#2, and DGS#4 (and DFGK#8!) are there now. Went with them in July last year....not to hot to enjoy the Magic...We are going with 8 more of the clan, and staying at SoG...arriving 7/9...belatedly celebrating 70th. Went just pace yourself, keep hydrated, and watch the kids..Oh, and sunscreen...stopped using sunglasses, since I kept losing them.

CajunDisneyDad
06-27-2011, 10:55 AM
12 days, and counting! DS#2, DDiL#2, and DGS#4 (and DFGK#8!) are there now. Went with them in July last year....not to hot to enjoy the Magic...We are going with 8 more of the clan, and staying at SoG...arriving 7/9...belatedly celebrating 70th. Went just pace yourself, keep hydrated, and watch the kids..Oh, and sunscreen...stopped using sunglasses, since I kept losing them.

lol thanks for the tip! SoG, as in Shades of Green :) If thats the case, thank you for your service and happy belated birthday (I think :) )

wdwfansince75
06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Yes, Shades of Green, indeed. Home Sweet Home....Planned originally to be there on June 20th for my 70th...so will still celebrate while we're there....also celebrating our 47th anniversary...instead of the actual date of June 13. As those in the service know, you learn to celebrate events when you can...even Christmas, and many anniversaries, are celebrated only when you are back in the world.... a different schedule than the rest of the world. (A bit of service nostalgia...Back in the World meant Stateside)

JWB3
06-30-2011, 12:08 PM
128 days!! Conference time again: 11/8 - 11/11 (whoa: that will be 11/11/11!!) - this time at the Swan & Dolphin. DW is coming with me so we'll go down 3 days before, staying at CBR until conference begins. F&W here we come!!

Lisaj13
06-30-2011, 03:21 PM
46 days for us. This will be our first time in the summer, and I'm a bit nervous about it. But with one child in university and one entering high school, you go when you can.

Having only been in autumn before I'm worrying about crowds (as well as heat). So to offset the negatives of going in summer I decided on a splurge for myself and my 2DDs - we're staying at the Poly!

Fingers crossed that everything works out.

CajunDisneyDad
07-01-2011, 10:25 AM
46 days for us. This will be our first time in the summer, and I'm a bit nervous about it. But with one child in university and one entering high school, you go when you can.

Having only been in autumn before I'm worrying about crowds (as well as heat). So to offset the negatives of going in summer I decided on a splurge for myself and my 2DDs - we're staying at the Poly!

Fingers crossed that everything works out.

That sounds awesome. This is our first summer trip as well. Wanted to go before DW got too far along in the pregnancy lol :) I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

exvagirl
07-01-2011, 11:04 AM
41 days here :) just a trip for me (a sophomore lol) and my mom...can't wait for some girl time :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
07-05-2011, 02:45 PM
My flight takes off tomorrow morning at 6:15 :plane:

10 days in WDW and the Wilderness Lodge!! :mickey:

07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm new to the INTERCOT boards, although I have been a fan of the site for years.

I just wanted to mention that we LOVE going in the summer time.

We are from Virginia and many times I will remind local friends who want to avoid WDW in the summer because of "heat" that the average temperature in August is only a few degrees higher than the average temperature in Virginia. Then I remind them of the clever and ingenious ways that Disney cools you off at just about every corner. Even as a kid some of my best memories are walking down the streets of Frontierland, 20 feet from any of the shops and feeling the air conditioning blasting out into the streets. Also, the parks are usually open longer and we love taking advantage of the late summer discounts such as the free dining. I have been to WDW every month but April and November, and I have to say next to mid May, August is my favorite. I will admit though that the August 1995 camping trip was not fun and we soon found ourselves camping in a Days Inn when Hurricane Erin decided to make a visit. :D

alaMode
07-05-2011, 08:26 PM
LOL-My countdown says "3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days" which is a fun way to think about 116 days!
(We're going in October.)
We've been in very early June, but haver never braved high summer! Have fun and post updates!

jenperich
07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
71 days for us!! We're celebrating our 3rd anniversary (a month early), and DH's 29th birthday! We're making our second DVC stay at BWV and my parents and brother will be coming to visit us! So, it'll be a great trip. :mickey: