PDA

View Full Version : Why no Figment Movie/TV Show?

FriendsofMickey
06-24-2011, 08:06 AM
My daughters absolutely love Figment. We were watching the old version of the ride the other day and they stated it was better than this version. (They love this version as well though).

It always makes me wonder, why Disney hasn't created a movie or TV Show with Figment as the lead character? :confused: Seems to me that the little ones would love it.

Has there ever been rumors to this?

Strmchsr
06-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, if they were ever going to do it it would have been back in the 80s at the height of Figment and Dreamfinder's popularity (and, yes, the original was MUCH better than any subsequent versions). Now Figment has become a very underused character and Dreamfinder has been mostly eliminated, though he pops up occasionally. I keep hoping they'll bring Figment back to his former glory because, as you say, he's a character kids love and could really provide a boost to Epcot and the Disney character stable in general.

brownie
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I think they currently have it covered with Phineas and Ferb.

FriendsofMickey
06-24-2011, 01:14 PM
I think they currently have it covered with Phineas and Ferb.

My girls would adamantly disagree. They like Phineas and Ferb, but LOVE Figment! They want me to start a petition to bring him back as a meet and greet character! :mickey:

Disney4us2
06-25-2011, 11:24 AM
My girls would adamantly disagree. They like Phineas and Ferb, but LOVE Figment! They want me to start a petition to bring him back as a meet and greet character! :mickey:

I'll sign!! We would love a Figment meet & greet. :figment::figment: