PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down rides to FP holders only?

Basket Mommy
06-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I read somewhere today that Disney shuts down rides to FP holders only after all FPs are given out for the day. I have never experienced this, but I guess it could be possible in peak seasons. Does this happen? The person swears she was at Disney 3 weeks ago and couldn't ride TSM because they were only letting FP holders on the ride. I've been going to Disney regularly for 15 years and have never been told I couldn't get in the standby line because they were only letting FP holders ride.

I LoveJack
06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Not that I have ever heard of and I go in some of the busiest times of the year. Maybe she was trying to use the FP line and misunderstood.

SBETigg
06-23-2011, 10:33 PM
She had to be mistaken. I've never known this to happen and can't even imagine it.

Awesome_guy
06-24-2011, 12:24 AM
It CAN feel like this, to a CERTAIN extent. While not closing the stand-by line and can really grind to a stop... after a parade or fireworks the fast pass line can be inundated and cast members keep that line moving as best they can. I have been in the stand by line at BTMR when it was stopped for a good long while just because of bad timing (as everyone comes to claim their FPs). I have also been in the FP line and seen very impatient standbys in the same circumstance.

The standby line doesn't close (at least that I've seen) but it does come to a significant halt. (If that makes sense--the line doesn't shut down (to people coming) but progress in the line does.

gerald72
06-24-2011, 12:24 AM
It wouldn't make sense

Fastpasssteve
06-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Another great advertisement for getting there early and gettin a FP!

I've had my trying times in the Soarin' queue.

WDWfanatic742
06-24-2011, 01:50 AM
I've never seen it happen either, but the CM's operating the merger of the two queue's can be pretty bad at it sometimes. Had one time at Test Track where the CM there would let maybe five or so stand-by people into the pre-show room and the rest of the people were from the fastpass queue. Took like twenty minutes just to get from the beginning of the last straight part of the queue to get into a room. Was beyond ridiculous...

btharvey
06-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I think that if the cast members merging the lines could see the 'end' of the FP line, then they could judge how many to let through at a time. When the standby line is 2 hours and you've got 100 people in the FP line, you might want to let them through 10 FP to 5 SB or so. After all, the people in SB _did_ wait all that time -- they shouldn't be relegated to 2nd class. And the FP line only has 100, not 500.

My 11.2 cents at 1971 dollars US.

SBETigg
06-24-2011, 07:49 AM
If there's that many people returning in large numbers for the FP, that's when CMs should start sticking to the posted time window on the FP. If you missed your window thinking you could use your FP any time, in such circumstances, then too bad for you. I would be disappointed if I waited past my FP time window and came back later, but I would definitely understand if they were enforcing their own rule.

VWL Mom
06-24-2011, 07:52 AM
I agree with Sherri, if the FP line is that long then they really need to start enforcing the FP ticket window on rides like TS.

Back to the original post though, if the FP line is really long and it's close to park closing, I could see them not taking anymore standby. Never experienced it personally but it's a possibility.

CajunDisneyDad
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
One thing that used to get my goat is during Extra Magic Hours you still have to wait a long time in the line because a ton of people go and cash in fast pass... I believe that once the park"closes"...fast passes are no longer valid... just my 2 cents....

brivers222
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I was never able to get a FP last trip as DW is a late night owl and hates getting up... but I will say with 100% certainty we were able to ride all the rides without issue.