PDA

View Full Version : Game plan for MK and Epcot ideas.....

amball
06-23-2011, 08:05 AM
We are going to spend one full day at all the theme parks. We have one extra day... we would lke to split it between MK and Epcot. What is a good game plan to hit both on same day... any ideas? Our family of five: DH, me, DD10, DS12, DS14. Thanks!!!

2008 POR
2011 POR

LovinWDW
06-23-2011, 08:37 AM
1. check to see if either of the parks have extra magic hours on the day you're planning to visit them. If they do, take advantage of it.

2. Use the monorail to get from one park to the other. Nice ride and almost feels like another attraction.

3. If you want to ride Soarin and test track again, visit Epcot first thing in the morning. If you don't, Fastpasses will be gone by early afternoon and you'll have to wait in a 2 hr line. Decide which parks attractions you most want to see again and do that park in the am.

4. Dont kill yourself trying to do everything. Make sure you're using the fastpass system to maximize your time and HAVE FUN :thumbsup:

AnnaMom
06-23-2011, 08:38 AM
You will have to have a Hopper Pass to get into two parks in the same day.

steamboat willy
06-23-2011, 10:34 AM
1. check to see if either of the parks have extra magic hours on the day you're planning to visit them. If they do, take advantage of it.

As LovinWDW says, check and compare Magic Kingdom hours verses EPCOTs. That will determine which Park you go to first! Spend the evening in the Park that has EMH or stays open later.

Have a plan on what rides you want to do or events you want to see or where you want to eat. :coaster: :fworks: :eat:

IF EMO doesn't determine your day.....

I would prefer to do the Opening Ceremony at Magic Kingdom, and then go ......
(clockwise for attractions)

Pirates :pirate:

Splash :coaster:

HM :ghost:

Buzz :yes:

and then catch the Monorail to Epcot around noon and close down World Showcase while catching Illuminations from the Cantina in Mexico or Rose & Crown Pub in GB.
Regardless, ENJOY THE MAGIC!

91 days until we ENJOY ours! :cool:

Simba'sBud
06-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Here are a couple of things that may help you plan this out:

1. Like someone already posted, check EMH for each park.

2. Along with that, determine if your family would rather end their trip with Wishes or Illuminations.

3. Also, keep in mind that the plan you determine could very well be turned around at the last minute according to how the first four days went.

My suggestion would be to try and take in all the countries (along with some FW rides, if do-able) on your first EPCOT day. Then I would start the fifth day at EPCOT taking in all the rides in FW along with lunch at either Sunshine Seasons or one of the countries. Before heading to MK, I would take a few minutes to browse around MouseGears for a few last minute souvenirs. 'Small' souvenirs that can be kept in your backpack or something.

Jump over to MK, take in some of your favorite rides and slow down the pace a little to savor the last few moments of your trip. Watch the Main St Electrical Parade and/or Wishes while munching on an ice cream cone or an ice cream cookie sandwich to end the day.

Let the Magic soak in and take as much of it home with you as humanly possible! Enjoy!!

hauntedmansiongirl
06-28-2011, 04:29 AM
I agree with all of the above posts! We have done all 4 parks in one day several times- hitting the major highlights only- so doing 2 in one day is definitely possible unless it is super crazy busy. The monorail between them makes it much easier than moving between parks using the bus system.

Have a great time!!!! :mickey: