PDA

View Full Version : Monorail transportation to MK

Disneymom201
06-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Our family will be staying at the Beach Club for the first time this August. My question is, can we walk to EPCOT to hop on the monorail to take to MK? We DO NOT have park hoppers, so we will not be able to enter at World Showcase. Is there a path along side the park to access the monorail, or is the bus our only means to MK?
Thanks for you advice :mickey:

The Contemporary/Beach Club
AKL 2011
WL 2010
GF 2009
Off Property 2005-2008

wdwfansince75
06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
No walkway...and no direct roadway...Buses are only convenient method...

MW1218
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Even if you did have the hoppers, the time that it would take you to walk to the Gateway, through Epcot, wait for the monorail, disembark, walk down the ramp, and up the ramp to the MK monorail, wait for that one...well, you get the idea.

The bus is much, much easier.

CleveRocks
06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Even if you did have the hoppers, the time that it would take you to walk to the Gateway, through Epcot, wait for the monorail, disembark, walk down the ramp, and up the ramp to the MK monorail, wait for that one...well, you get the idea.

The bus is much, much easier.

Ditto!:thumbsup:

Scott C
06-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I think that I already know the answer to this but am going to ask anyway -- Is there a bus from the Beach Club to the front of Epcot -- I doubt that there is but don't know for sure.

Thanks
Scott C

Hog
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I think that I already know the answer to this but am going to ask anyway -- Is there a bus from the Beach Club to the front of Epcot -- I doubt that there is but don't know for sure.

Thanks
Scott C

Nope. Which is shocking, considering some people may get sea sick or have a fear of boats/water. Even though you can't even tell you are on a boat it's so smooth.

spoiledraf
06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Nope. Which is shocking, considering some people may get sea sick or have a fear of boats/water. Even though you can't even tell you are on a boat it's so smooth.

I have never used a boat to Epcot from BC. Why would you bother?? It's not that far a walk and the boat is sooooo slow when you consider the wait. And it still srops you off 100 yards from the gate.

But we did do the walk through Epcot coming through MK. Won't do that again either.