PDA

View Full Version : What time to find spot for Wishes?

amball
06-23-2011, 07:05 AM
We are having dinner at O'Hana's at 6 pm and then we were going to MK for wishes. What time should we find our spot to make sure we have a good view?:mickey::mickey:

lovinmesomedisney
06-23-2011, 08:56 AM
There is most likely a parade first, and the good spots will fill up for that. I would say at least an hour before the parade, or possibly you can find a spot after the parade when some of the crowd filters out.

lala71474
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
There is always the option to watch Wishes fireworks from the beach at the Poly. I love watching and listening from the beach. It is really relaxing and the perfect way to end the night at Ohana. Just a thought :mickey:

MarkC
06-27-2011, 04:48 PM
A big factor is the crowd that day. But even on crowded days, if you don't mind standing you can almost always find a good spot in the circle area in front of the castle. We've always been able to find a spot there even in busy times.

spoiledraf
06-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I've always thought anywhere on Main St. is a good spot but closer to the Castle right before the circle is my favorite area. And you need to be in that general area to see Tink do a fly by. Seems the fireworks dispaly and angle is designed for the crowd right in front. We've watched from either side, from Narcoosees, California Grille, both window seat and observation deck, and once behind the castle (bad idea) and found front and center to be the best. As mentioned, there is a lot of room right down Main St. and you are looking up so you really aren't blocked by somebody right in front of you. So how soon do you claim a spot. I'd say maybe 10-15 minutes before the show would be fine.

awaggett
06-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree, that Main Street, near circle is best; we've also gotten a good spot (especially for Tink) on the bridge to Tomorrowland. I do recommend watching from behind the castle in Fantasyland at least once--it is like being in the middle of the fireworks and they go off all around you!

CanadaLovesDisney
06-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Luckily there are many spots around the kingdom to catch a great view. We don't sit around waiting for them though we usually end up near caseys hot dogs or tomorrow land bridge. Always great views!

Have fun!

princessjojo
06-30-2011, 11:29 AM
We found that just last week, we had to get there pretty early to get a seat. However we did want to watch the parade as well. We got to the park around 6:45 that evening and believe it or not, seats around the circle were full and no one was budging... We did get lucky and after a while, someone moved away and we grabbed up the bench quickly. We also chose to share with a couple who were older than us. The wife didn't leave her scooter, but her husband sat next to us. And he expressed his gratitude which was appreciated.

Anyways, we found that we needed to find seats near the circle early and keep them.

Side note: I was amazed by two older "foreign women" who worked their way around the crowd, pointing and almost demanding that others get up and make a seat for them. They did not "appear" to need a seat, anymore than those who were around us, but just kept pointing and saying loudly "you move, you move for me...."

We didn't.....sorry, but we didn't...