PDA

View Full Version : What would you add to improve any park?

LovinWDW
06-22-2011, 11:43 PM
My wife and I were talking about our upcoming trip and reviewing where we would eat lunch while in DHS. We really feel there can be another sit-down location to dine in DHS. Here is what we came up with.

A Star Wars themed restaurant

How cool would that be? They could totally recreate the bar scene with the cool music being played by aliens. The booths can be exactly like the one Han Solo was sitting in and the bar too. Its nice to dream.

So, what's your idea to improve the palce we all love?

gerald72
06-23-2011, 12:29 AM
The Star Wars Restaurant is the one thing that I can't believe isn't already there. It would fit perfectly- the cantina scene is one of the most iconic Star Wars locations.

Fastpasssteve
06-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Any additions I can think of would be for Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom.

Many people (wrongly) consider these two parks to be 1/2 day parks because they don't offer as much as MK or EPCOT in the way of ride attractions. So, let's give those people what they want, so the rest of the family can go on safari or look at the gorillas longer...or stay longer in HS...it's so cool looking at night with all the neon of shops and it's main street!

bertasso59
06-23-2011, 11:32 PM
I would take out Tom Sawyer Island and build a new land devoted to villians there,maybe called Skull Island with a villian themed character restaurant called The Rusty Nail.And you could only get there by the same rafts now piloted by various villians.
Then Id recycle the Tom Sawyer elements on the old Discovery Isalnd by FW

Pollymanna
06-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Hollywood (Disney-MGM Studios) lost its original vision and concept--plain and simple. It was to be an actual working film/animation studio and also a place to celebrate the history of the golden age of Hollywood and Disney films. Now it's just a lack-luster Hollywood-themed amusement park which panders to thrill seekers.

Hollywood Boulevard is just one huge Disney Store hidden behind art deco facades that sells redundant merchandise you can find anywhere else in any of the other parks. Maybe shops that sell movie memorabilia, animation cels, props, etc. would be more appropriate?

I still love the Great Movie Ride and always come away from that attraction wanting more--its so inspiring and it really gives you an appreciation for those early films that made Hollywood great. The end show needs updating to reflect more contemporary films though. The Backlot Studio tour is a joke--it's not even a real studio!

ransam
06-24-2011, 12:35 PM
I love HS but i'd get rid of Indiana Jones and add a different show. something similar but differnt themed.
In AK i would add a much nicer resturant. I love Tusker House, don't get me wrong, and the other places are nice, but i'd lvoe a really nice resturant.
In MK i would like some sort of tribute on mainstreet, maybe a movie or museum honoring the disney legends, especially the 9 old men and Ub Iwerks recognizing their contributions to Disney
and in Epcot a roller coaster of some sort would be cool, and another country would be cool as well.

Ms. Mode
06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, as a 50 yr. old I must say I love the "thrill" rides @ WDW because they have just enough "thrill" to make me happy. :blush:

I too would love a special spot for the villians...anywhere in the "world" would do!

I also would have a couple more indoor eating spots at AK...very hot there...very little air. :thumbsup:

squad51
06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Retractable roof!!! lol. I would add fans that would blow smoke away at shows like fantasmic. The fireworks smoke sometimes blocks the view near the end.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-24-2011, 03:24 PM
IMHO, DHS is in serious need of some new and updated attractions....I love Great Movie Ride because it is the first Disney ride I ever rode but it needs a lot of updating...Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey just needs to go...Backlot Tour...needs to be scrapped or completely revamped and their CS needs improving because Starring Rolls is the only decent place to eat there now....I think they need a cool water based ride like every other park, so many ideas I just can't stand it:coaster:

SpaceMountainManiac
06-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Dark rides to ALL World Showcase Pavilions charting the countries success stories.
To be able to hire boats ( rowing or powered ) on World Showcase Lagoon.

Awesome_guy
06-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Hmmm... I'm going to attempt one for each.

At MK:
This is the park I could see adding an enchanting restaurant to; it seems the ones on the monorail line are the greater destinations. Perhaps, a faux-outdoor one like San Angel Inn.

At Epcot:
Maybe this park could host a World of Colour-esque evening light/water show? Maybe it's time to see a new night show here?

At AK:
Keep a few thrill rides coming! I know folks aren't looking for Busch Gardens at WDW, but it'd be nice to have a few like Everest in this park. A mix of calm/exotic and wild/crazy.

At DHS:
A new backlot tour; something immersive that is worthy of the time-commitment and adds some "new" to the old, less relevant space

tiggerbuddy
06-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Have all the parks on the monorail route:mickey:

MKFD43
06-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Have all the parks on the monorail route:mickey:

Totally. But lets updat the entire system. We were there the first 2 weeks of June. The monorails broke down a few times. I have a family member who is a pilot and she says it has become a regualr occurance. The epcot line broke one morning and we had to take a bus back to the ttc. A pilot was on the bus and I talked with him about the problem. He comfirmed is a growing problem. The "maypole"? system fried (their safety navigation system) he said they hoped to have it back up by park close.

Also I would like to see the tomorrow land speedway reconditioned to a CARS themed ride.

Jared
06-26-2011, 07:35 AM
If I were president of the world and had an unlimited budget, here are the first aspects I would change of each park:

Magic Kingdom

Re-theme Tomorrowland and return it to its original vision
Remove The Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction from Adventureland and re-theme the Agrabah section

Epcot

Give Future World a full overhaul, updating nearly every pavilion so that Future World remains, you know, futuristic. Specifically, I'd update Universe of Energy to discuss today's issues, return Journey Into Imagination to a version that honors the original, finish the Spaceship Earth finale and put something in Wonders of Life.
Add more dark rides to World Showcase and finally install the proposed Japanese Mt. Fuji thrill ride
Create a new version of IllumiNations. Reflections of Earth's time has passed.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Put in either the proposed Monsters, Inc. roller coaster or a clone of Radiator Springs Racers into Pixar Place. Preferably both.
Use the west side of the park for a legitamate "Lucasland," including a real Star Wars dark ride, a new attraction themed to the Indiana Jones franchise and the Mos Eisley Cantina
Update The Great Movie Ride to make it the star of the park, as it once was
Remove the hat

Animal Kingdom

Fix the darn yeti
Fix the bevy of broken effects in Dinosaur
Remove the Dino-Rama section and theme it appropriately

Now, who's ready to write me the check necessary to fix all this stuff? ;)

MrPeetrie
06-26-2011, 07:36 AM
This is my wife's idea and she wants it patented: NAP TENTS.

She wants a place at each park where you can pay for a 30- or 60-minute nap without having to return to your hotel. Resort guests receive a discounted rate. The FastPass system could also be incorporated. This would be HUGE!!! Nap tents! It will catch on.

tiggerbuddy
07-02-2011, 12:31 PM
pcot

* Give Future World a full overhaul, updating nearly every pavilion so that Future World remains, you know, futuristic. Specifically, I'd update Universe of Energy to discuss today's issues, return Journey Into Imagination to a version that honors the original, finish the Spaceship Earth finale and put something in Wonders of Life.
* Add more dark rides to World Showcase and finally install the proposed Japanese Mt. Fuji thrill ride
* Create a new version of IllumiNations. Reflections of Earth's time has passed.

Sounds good tom e !!!:number1::number1:

LisaP
07-04-2011, 12:25 AM
This is my wife's idea and she wants it patented: NAP TENTS.

She wants a place at each park where you can pay for a 30- or 60-minute nap without having to return to your hotel. Resort guests receive a discounted rate. The FastPass system could also be incorporated. This would be HUGE!!! Nap tents! It will catch on.

That woman is GENIUS!!! I love it! :rotfl:

I'm on board ... but only if the tents are climate controlled to 60* !!! :freeze:

andypooh
07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
turn tomorrowland terrace restaurant into something useful....maybe a restaurant that is actually open. has not been open the last few times we went in may or november. i used to like to sit there and eat a pizza and salad in the shade and look out at the castle. that was the first thing DW and I did when we arrived our first day at MK. Now it is a ghost town there. It's a big space. What's the deal?

kemps@wdw
07-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Tomorrowland Speedway, need something different, Maybe a TRON inspired virtual attraction. Epcot could stand more countries. A Star Wars cantina restaurant in DHS is an EXCELLENT idea. Not necessarily in the safari/trek animal areas, but AK coud benefit from more nighttime activities in the village areas. I'm just sayin...:D

waymickey
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Keep all the parks open late so that the lines would be less and I could see AK at night.

Mogie
07-07-2011, 12:40 PM
I really can't believe there isnt a Mos Eisley Cantina restaurant...or Jaba's Sail Barge Cafe in DHS....serving blue milk, fennel, and fish stix