PDA

View Full Version : Best WDW Souvenirs

Pollymanna
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
I thought the die cast "Walt Disney Theme Park Collection" was brilliant. I would love to see more souvenirs like that--maybe some dioramas with scenes or characters from some of the popular dark rides.

slegrant
06-22-2011, 06:50 PM
I would like to see resort themed merchandise make a comeback. I miss my Fort Wilderness t-shirt, Fort Wilderness coffee mugs(although i still have a couple) and anything else resort related.

sassafras
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd also like to see the resort themed t shirts, mugs, etc. come back. I miss them!

Mfarquar
06-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Yes! Another vote for resort specific merchandise!

I loved collecting pins in the 80s and early 90s, but the over saturation really killed it for me. I also used to like to collect those ceramic character statutes as a child, but they don't have them the same way anymore.

My most consistent souvenir purchase is at least 1 Christmas tree decoration per trip. I try to find something that sums up our experience and sometimes get it personalized. It's like living Disney all over again when we decorate the tree! Lots of good memories :tree:

GBBT
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Stay away from the t-shirts...they are Hanes and shrink like crazy.Bought shirts at the parks last year and the outlet and will not buy shirts until they go back to Russell or at least fruit of the loom!:(

KylesMom
06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Our family would concur - we purchase a "custom" Christmas ornament each year & they really are our favorite souvenirs.

Stay away from the t-shirts...they are Hanes and shrink like crazy.Bought shirts at the parks last year and the outlet and will not buy shirts until they go back to Russell or at least fruit of the loom! I'm curious - how can you tell they are Hanes? All of the clothes we bought last year in '10 are "Disney Parks" branded & really haven't shrunk at all. In fact, looking through the t-shirts/tanks/sleeveless that we've bought at Disney for the past several years, none have a brand name - and still fit DH and I. DS is a different story, for the simple fact that he's grown inches! :D Honestly, I'm just curious how you can tell they're Hanes?

brian2000boston
06-22-2011, 11:43 PM
We also enjoy the custom Christmas Ornaments but we also like buying the Custom embroidered towels at DHS. :mickey:

badkitty
06-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Another vote for Resort-themed merchandise! I love to shop but when all the gift shops carry the souvenirs there isn't much fun in it. It's like you've seen one, you've seen them all.

darthmacho
06-23-2011, 05:32 AM
I'd also like to see the resort themed t shirts, mugs, etc. come back. I miss them!

Count me in too! I really wanted a POR t-shirt, but I would have accepted anythin with the resort name or logo on it!!!!!!!

Tigger's Mom
06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I always buy a Christmas ornament and many are personalized. I would love the option of individual resort souvenirs though. I miss seeing the different things at each resort. Looking forward to picking out my newest ornament in just a few weeks!:mickey:

biodtl
06-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Our family would concur - we purchase a "custom" Christmas ornament each year & they really are our favorite souvenirs.
This is the one thing we can't do without on each trip.

eas423
06-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Another vote for resort-themed merchandise.. :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I have lots of collections but probably my favorites are the Disney Christmas ornaments.:ornament:

Lizzie
06-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Love the personalized ornaments. We haven't been back with our two youngest looking forward to getting their name on an ornament. Wish Disneyland did this.

We also have sillhouettes of all our girls before they turned one. Going to redo them around the age of ten to see the difference.

Bellerella
06-27-2011, 03:47 PM
I would like to see resort themed merchandise make a comeback. I miss my Fort Wilderness t-shirt, Fort Wilderness coffee mugs(although i still have a couple) and anything else resort related.

:exactly: I completely agree. We were so bummed our past two trips! Our first trip in '08 we got an AKL Christmas ornament and other such merchandice. Went we stayed at the Poly last year, we were really hoping for a Poly ornament. And a mug, and a t-shirt... Who knows... perhaps they will bring resort merch back someday.

Gibbs
06-27-2011, 05:36 PM
One more vote for Resort themed merchandise. I used to love collecting resort themed shirts and mugs.

GBBT
06-29-2011, 12:16 AM
[/quote]

I'm curious - how can you tell they are Hanes? All of the clothes we bought last year in '10 are "Disney Parks" branded & really haven't shrunk at all. In fact, looking through the t-shirts/tanks/sleeveless that we've bought at Disney for the past several years, none have a brand name - and still fit DH and I. DS is a different story, for the simple fact that he's grown inches! :D Honestly, I'm just curious how you can tell they're Hanes?[/QUOTE]

in 2007 Disney Parks signed a multi-year deal with Hanes to provide shirts for all parks.:( They provide them for the Disney Store too even though the store Prez said they come from another company.Slim cuts don't cut it either,not for us weighty people!;) The tees I bought shrunk from the bottom up and the collars washed wider.

luvdiznee
06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Another for resort themed merchandise. This is why I end up usually sticking with my basics; magnets, pins and whatever t-shirts I can find that would be worth it to buy. :thedolls:

Oh and a calendar. Be nice if those also came in the purse sized ones, for 2 years. That would be perfect for me, since we won't be back for two years after this trip.:(

akaDisneyDreamer
07-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I really miss the resort themed merchandise too! I have an AK shirt, mug, ornament, picture frame ... and absolutley nothing from the Polyneisian last year.

wonderalice23
07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
:thumbsup:to resort merch!

Also, I would like to see more of the retro-merch coming back. (I admit, love my Captain EO shirt from last year)

Also, perhaps some more attraction themed merch? I used to have a pair of Figment earrings..long lost...sigh.

kemps@wdw
07-06-2011, 11:08 PM
DH likes to collect the character ceramic statues, and must-haves for me are my scrapbooking supplies and dated albums...one for each visit. I would also like to see the resort-themed mdse returned to their respective shops. But my all-time fave item has to be my bronze "Partners" statue I got for Mother's Day...LOVE IT!!

Susan A
07-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I love the Disney ornaments so much, I need a separate tree just for them. My husband would have a cow! :tree:

MrPeetrie
07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I haven't been to WDW since 2007. Some of our favorite purchases are Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk resorts close-knit sweaters. Am I to understand they no longer offer resort-specific apparel? If so, we will be crushed.

mickey_M_lvr
07-08-2011, 12:10 PM
The thing I miss the most is a train. It has been over 15 years, but there was a store in HS that sold artwork and statues. In the back of the store on a wooden shelf was a working "G" scale replica of the Walt Disney steam train. It was priced around $500. I was just a kid and could never dream to afford it, but now that I am grown and make my own money I would love to have that train. Unfortunately I have never seen it again on any of the trips we have taken :(

garthbarth1
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I love the vintage style t shirts! I have a 3/4 sleeve pink , white and purple one with the castle on it and 1971 on the back. Love it and I hang dry it so no issue there!

Fastpasssteve
07-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I love my Animal Kingdom Lodge magnet and my Mickey head pizza cutter. It makes me happy every time I use them. I bit of magic to tide me over.

I also have a tiny stuffed Mickey that has magnets in its hands and feet that can be placed and posed hanging on curtains, on lamps, wherever... We like to move him often and see how long it takes others to find him. Our own moveable hidden Mickey!

texas211
07-09-2011, 07:35 PM

I havent been to WDW in several years, and just got back from my trip. The souvenirs are horrible. No resort specific stuff, very little park and ride specific items. They killed the Disney Shopping experience of my youth.. Only upside, i can buy cigars at DT disney.

disneymom2000
07-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I miss the resort mugs. I still have mine from my 1993 trip. Will never give it up.