PDA

View Full Version : Viirgin Pilot Strikes to affect the Parks?

SpaceMountainManiac
06-22-2011, 04:45 PM
tens of thousands of British vacationers will not be travelling due to proposed industrial action by Virgin Airline pilots. Although we are a small country we still are the largest european contingency to travel to Orlando - will the parks feel the affect?

DizneyRox
06-22-2011, 07:19 PM
That's a drop in the bucket... Sorry...

I doubt it's on anyone's radar... pun intended

paulsheri
06-22-2011, 09:18 PM
haul flights will be worst hit and family holidays are likely to be more expensive.

The move has been criticised by airlines, which fear lost business.

Airlines say the increased cost could put off tourists and business people travelling to the UK. Critics also point out that family holidays could become much more expensive.

The travel and aviation industries are already struggling after the recession, as people cut down on foreign holidays.

A group of four people flying economy to Florida will now pay £240 in tax, an increase of 33%. And flying economy to popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean will cost £75 in APD, up from £50 last year and £40 two years ago.

Passengers travelling in premium economy, business and first class will also see hefty increases in the duty.

APD, initially introduced at just £5 for UK and European flights and £10 for longer-haul journeys

RAIDER
06-23-2011, 03:07 AM
tens of thousands of British vacationers will not be travelling due to proposed industrial action by Virgin Airline pilots. Although we are a small country we still are the largest european contingency to travel to Orlando - will the parks feel the affect?

I dont think it will effect the parks greatly as people have different agendas when visiting Florida .It will hit the hotels/Motels more if anything .It all depends what part of summer the pilots decide to strike. Somehow i have a feeling it wont go ahead and it will be averted .... :thumbsup:

LVT
06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
I hope for those families it does not come to pass.