PDA

View Full Version : Cedar fair names former disney executive Matthew A. Ouimet president of the company

Wells
06-22-2011, 10:53 AM
A June 20th Cedar Fair press release read in part;
"SANDUSKY, OHIO, June 20, 2011 – Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN) today announced that Matthew A. Ouimet has been named president of the Company, effective immediately. Ouimet, 53, will succeed Dick Kinzel, 70, as chief executive officer, who will retire upon the expiration of his contract on January 3, 2012. Today’s action is in line with Cedar Fair’s previously announced CEO succession planning process.
Ouimet is a 20 year veteran of the amusement park and hospitality industry, of which 17 years were spent with the Walt Disney Company (“Disney”). During his tenure with the global entertainment conglomerate, he had the opportunity to work in a wide range of business lines with increasing levels of responsibility. Highlights of his tenure at Disney include serving as:
Senior vice president, finance and business development, and chief financial officer of the Disney Development Company, in which he was responsible for the financial management of Disney’s resort, theme park and corporate real estate projects in California, Florida and France;
Executive general manager of Disney Vacation Club, where, through expanded marketing and sales initiatives, Disney established itself as a major competitor in the timeshare industry;
President of Disney Cruise Line, where his team built the most successful family cruise product in the industry;
President of the Disneyland Resort, where he and his team developed and implemented a comprehensive strategic plan that resulted in significantly improved and sustained performance for Disneyland’s 50th anniversary and beyond."

Cedar Fair owns several regional parks including Cedar Point, Kings Island and Knott's Berry Farms. I don't know how many roller coaster fans their are here, but to me this is great news!:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Thankls for posting the update. :thumbsup: Very interesting news.

Tink1
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Great News! I was fortunate to speak with Matt a few times and he is a really really nice guy. He truly knows his stuff. Glad to hear things are going well for him.

Nanc

Niecyboo
07-10-2011, 12:21 AM
That is great news. They also own Michigan's Adventure, which we visit at least once a year.