PDA

View Full Version : Boma or Sanaa

HoosierDisneyFan
06-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Which of these AKL restaurants do you prefer? Why? Any details would be helpful. We asre looking for a place to eat after visiting Animal Kindom getting to tour AKL after dinner would be a plus!

lighteningqueen
06-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Not eaten at Sanaa but... Def will NOT eat at Boma
after 3 times it just is not any good. Weird in a bland way very hard to explain but not worth the money to us..

I would eat at either yak and yetl the skirt steak and shrimp meal is very good and the wontons to die for

or Tusker, very good choice and much more bang for your taste and buck IMHO

faline
06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
You didn't mention it but my number one choice a Animal Kingdom Lodge would be Jiko. On our trip last month, the meal we had here turned out to be our favorite!

As for the two you mention, there are pros and cons to both.

Boma - food and service are generally good and there is typically something for even the pickiest eater in your group. However, it is a buffet which is not my favorite way of dining.

Sanaa - we ate here for the first time last month so my comments are based on only one visit which, I know, can sometimes be skewed. We found the front desk staff to be less friendly than we would like. If you have to wait, you can venture outside. The night we were there, there were lots of animals to see. From descriptions we had read, we expected to be able to see animals from our dining table. While this is true of some tables, it is not true for all and certainly was not true for the table where we were seated. Service was good. Food was good but didn't rise to excellent.

snowflakegirl
06-21-2011, 08:17 PM
I have never eaten at Sanaa, so I can't speak to that, but Boma is one of my favorite restaurants on property. I have a great picture of my boyfriend from our last trip looking longingly at the bowl of seafood stew in front of him as he took his last bite (he ended up getting more even though he was on a mission to try a little bit of everything).

Fastpasssteve
06-23-2011, 01:56 AM
I love Boma. I cannot imagine a trip to WDW without visiting Boma twice: Once for breakfast, Once for Dinner.

I have had nothing but great experiences there. Delicious food!

AHOTE
06-23-2011, 02:32 AM
I've eaten at Boma and Sanaa. The food was very good at both. The selections and variety at Boma add to the meal but it tends to get very noisy and congested. It also feels more rushed. I enjoy the quieter atmosphere Sanaa offers and the fact that I don't have to juggle a plate full of food through the dining area. I can sit and really enjoy my meal. We generally try to take an early dinner seating and we had a table near a window. We had no wait time at all. The veiw of the savannah was nice and the decor is interesting. Sanaa is part of our ADR's this year too.

ThanxForNoticin
06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
This question is like asking which of my kids do I love more!!! There is no wrong answer to your question - these are 2 of our favorites. I would highly recommend the experience of eating at either. I might recommend you try Boma first, mostly due to the variety and selection and the option of "trying things first". But the food, service, and atmosphere at Sanaa are outstanding. Good luck with your choice and enjoy your evening....

HoosierDisneyFan
06-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Elected to go with Boma for this trip... Thanks everyone!!

Jared
06-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Elected to go with Boma for this trip... Thanks everyone!!
I was about to respond, "I think you can probably guess my opinion on this one."

;)

luvdiznee
06-26-2011, 09:12 AM
We are doing Boma for breakfast & dinner. And Sanaa for dinner and also Jiko for dinner. :cloud9:

wonderalice23
06-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I love either one! Boma is great for variety, but I love Indian food as well - so Sanaa is also great! Enjoy your trip!