PDA

View Full Version : If I Ran WDW...

Pollymanna
06-21-2011, 01:37 PM
WDW to me has always been an immersive and sensory experience. I have always been inspired by the dreams and aspirations of one man, Walt Disney. Walt believed that anything was possible--if we dream it, we can do it. It's that spirit that made WDW and DL what it is and why so many of us see it not just as a place to have fun, but a place to connect with the spirit of Walt and to share and be inspired by his dream. If you read that dedication plaque from Disneyland or watch Walt get choked up as he recites it, it says it all.

Over the past 20 years or so, I have been to WDW many times and I get more and more disappointed every time I go. I am definitely in favor of progress and that attractions need to be updated to reflect the changing times, if Walt was alive he would have wanted the same thing.

But...

I feel that there are changes that can be made to bring WDW back to it's former glory and also bring back that spirt of Walt's dream and vision that's so desperately lacking.

I'll start this thread with my first suggestion and would love to hear yours!

1. Main Street USA

Main Street USA should make us forget that we're in the 21st century. Take us back in time! The quaint shoppes and stores should be more than just facades selling redundant "Disney Store" gift shop items. These stores should only sell items that were available at the turn of the century America.

Maybe an antique shop that sells authentic or reproduction antiques and collectibles. Maybe an "Animation Station" that sells books and unique items having to do with the history of animation such as old Zoetropes or flip books. Have cast members walking around in period clothing and acting as if they are actually part of this period in time. Give us a glimpse of what it was like to actually live in this time period and how Walt was inspired by it.

The majority of foods available should be period but of course some contemporary selections should be made available as well. Make the souvenirs and gifts unique to Main Street USA and do not sell them anywhere else in the park--this really takes advantage of the publics natural "gathering" behavior and the feeling that this is only available at this one special place.

Well that's a start...

SandmanGStefani24
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
your main street idea is pretty good.

Here's my idea.

Create a Retro Section of WDW

Space would be a serious issue with this one, but a "Retro Land" would be a great area of one of the parks. Picture being able to ride Mr Toad, Body Wars, Horizons, World of Motion, ect...again! I would love it, and know almost all of you would too! Or maybe a rotation of retired rides out of one location.

It could happen...:cloud9: