PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road

Bethis26fan
06-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Give me your thoughts on Raglan road the good bad & ugly. :)

Which is better lunch or dinner?
Best meal and so on.

Thanks.

Also what's the best way to get there from DH

mdricks
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Catch the music if you can. Lots of fun.

I have eaten here a few times but only apps. The ribs are great. Scallop tree is also very tasty.

Sorry I can't give more input but we always start with Irish car bombs so the night tends to blur a little. I can say I've never had a bad time and I've closed this place down twice. Its one of the last surviving "adult" places to go after the parks close and they make the most of that.

If you are there in late October save me a seat at the bar!

:number1:

Dulcee
06-21-2011, 12:41 PM
We do this for dinner most trips. The food is always good, its one of my Fiance's favorites. Presentation of the meals is always nice and I remember the desserts being awesome.

As the PP mentioned we tend to treat this as a more adult night and thus may drink a little more heavily here. The music is fun as is the dancing. Good place if you looking to relax for an hour or two over dinner.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 01:33 PM
We ate dinner there in 2008 and there were mixed reviews from our family : here was our meals from least favorite to best

The least favorite: Kevin's ham-this dish is played up tremendously to be something special and it is just a slice of plain ole ham.

Second Best: My son had a steak, it was pretty good.

Best: Its not Bleedin Chowder-This was what I had and I thought it was very good.

ValenciaCalling
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't go for the food. The best way to enjoy Raglan Road is late at night with a couple of pints. It's more of a brew pub than anything else.

AllDisney
06-22-2011, 05:32 PM
We enjoyed this restaurant very much. Had the chicken and it was good, but the entertainment is great:thumbsup:

slegrant
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the post and comments! I am going to Raglan Road for Dinner on my upcoming trip July 1st through the 13th:mickey: and very much looking forward to it.

AmandaChan
06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
DH and I went here every year until this year just because we couldn't squeeze it in. This is one of our favorite places! The bread, loaf kind that you dip in the honey sauce is great. I don't know if they still have it because the last time we were there they gave us the wrong bread thinking we were asking for something else.

By far our favorite appetizer is the Forest of Scallops ... my favorite part is the little salad it comes with. It's as good as it looks!

The first time we went we sat outside in the early evening and it was a perfect meal. If you like Blue Moon get the Tucher... I love that beer! We have an international market really close to home and they have tons of imported beer but I can never find it there.

Meal wise the first time DH got the shepherd's pie. I think he liked it but didn't like it enough to get it again the second time we went... the 2nd time we went he got salmon on a wood plank I think and I remember him saying it was the best salmon he had ever had in Disney, or anywhere for that matter.

I can't remember what I got. I know the 1st time I got the stew and it was expensive and it looked small at first but it is LOADED. I could not finish it both times I have gotten it..

The atmosphere in the evening is great. The two times we went and sat inside the show was going on. We didn't have children at the time and I don't know what it would be like with kids but just DH and I it was really enjoyable.

I think anyone would enjoy it with an open mind and a good beer choice.

AmandaChan
06-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't go for the food. The best way to enjoy Raglan Road is late at night with a couple of pints. It's more of a brew pub than anything else.

I agree to disagree! We always go for the food, because everything that we have gotten has pretty much been amazing.

Fastpasssteve
06-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding is very tasty!...but not if you've had a lot to drink before. I know.

RAIDER
06-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Ive only been there for dinner and we really enjoyed it .The music is great as well as the food .The atmosphere was buzzing but load .
If thats for you ,you will have a great time :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
06-23-2011, 08:16 AM
We won't be drinking a lot. We are going more for the irish part of it than anything.

mdricks
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
We won't be drinking a lot. We are going more for the irish part of it than anything.

Then who's going to save me a seat at the bar!?!:D

If you catch the show you wolnt be disapointed. This is a neat place and as mentoned above you will be able to find somehing good to eat.

And I hear it is considered good luck to buy grey haired idiots sitting at the bar a pint of guiness or a dram of paddys! :blush:
:number1: