PDA

View Full Version : something a little different

KatieDuck22
06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Alright well everytime I explore the boards I notice everyone talking about their favorite things in the parks, smells, lands, foods, etc. I was wondering what exactly is it that makes us love disney! Not millions of people go to Disney every year, but we're the crazy wild Disney fans! What is it about disney in general do you loves so much?

Ill tell you mine: for example my favorite thing about disney world is that families can do it together, and that magic and believing is cool:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I think its the magical, fantasy like atmosphere...a real escape from reality:blush:

lovinmesomedisney
06-21-2011, 09:31 AM
It's the simplicity of it all. It is a TRUE vacation. I fly down and from there on out, I just have fun. I don't have to drive, figure out where I'm going, worry about how I'm going to get around. I jump on buses and there I am. There is never a boring moment, or a time to sit around and wonder what we should do. I LOVE IT! The only down side is checking out!

disneymom15
06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
When I'm there, all the stresses from home and work disappear. It's truly a magical place.

slegrant
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
It's my favorite place, because when you are at Walt Disney World you can't see anything from the outside world. You are truly immersed in a magical place. And I would agree about families, when we are all at WDW we are silly and have a blast. I could go on and on about how much I love this place:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
For us its the most stressfree vacation we take. No driving around, no running out of things to do, we can do as much or as little as we want and still be surrounded by wonderful sights and sounds in a clean and family friendly environment.

We went to San Antonio, Texas this weekend and had a great time. However, I hated the constant pulling out of money every time we turned around. In WDW we can pay everything upfront. Once we are there the only money we spend is on stuff we might want to take home with us. It relieves a lot of stress on DH who hates to feel like he is constantly spending money.

Its also the best "escape" from the real world. Once we enter our Disney "bubble" the rest of the world seems to disappear! Its the best place for parents to act like kids with their children. Its our carefree place!

BraddyB
06-21-2011, 10:36 AM
The best thing for me is knowing when I step off the plane in Orlando, I can leave the real world behind me.

When I am there, I dont check my email, read the paper, or watch the news. I dont have to drive because I have buses, boats, and monorails to do that for me. I don't have to cook, I have adr's made for that.

My only concern is.........how busy will the pool and hot tub be after a long day at the park !!! :snorkel:

Dulcee
06-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Its the WDW bubble. When we go everything is paid for in advance. I have my spending money is cash. We fly in and it starts.

Its really the only vacation where I don't worry about anything.

ryca1dreams
06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I think its the magical, fantasy like atmosphere...a real escape from reality:blush:

That seems to be the overriding theme and certainly is why I go.

I think the reason some people don't "get it" is because they come expecting to be wowed, thrilled, or blown away. Disney does that, but in a more subtle and detailed way and all within its immersive, fantasy world.

goofygirl64
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm so glad that there are people out there who understand those of us who LOVE Disney! I have been in love with Disney World ever since my parents took me and my 2 older brothers there in 1973.

The first time that my husband & I went (it was his first trip ever) was on our 1st anniversary (24 years ago!) and we have been back at least once, sometimes twice, every year since then.

It is definitely "our" most special place in the world!

KatieDuck22
06-21-2011, 03:39 PM
beautiful answers<3 I can't get enough of Disney! It's not about the rides food or souveniers its the magic that makes em all great!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi Katie, it's Mom!
It is a total get away from it all, for me. No outside, real world to be found. Remember our last trip, when we went to the movies at DTD? Even though it was a Disney movie, and at DTD, it was a little too much "real world" for me. I like the ability to totally be away from it all. Totally.
Also, it's a very "come as you are", everyone is welcome, kind of place. I like that.
And mostly Katie, I like that its our families special place, our home away from home place, our reconnecting place with no distractions, no peer pressure, no school, classes, games, and extended family.:blush: Just us, making new memories each time, that will stay with us forever. And each trip, no matter how frequent, is a new one!

Giselle
06-21-2011, 04:24 PM
I definitely think the "family togetherness" is a major reason I love Disney. There is something for everyone of every age there. The whole family can let loose and have fun. :mickey:

darthmacho
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
WDW is the perfect family vacation, it's everything good in the world wrapped in a neat little package. I can go to WDW and not even desire to leave their property. Their attractions have repeat value beyond measure, and I won't rest until I try every one of their hotels and restaurants. Who needs to vacation anywhere else, really? :mickey:

Bellerella
06-21-2011, 10:41 PM
For me, I think it is the special power Disney has had over our family. It was our first real family vacation, and it brought us even closer together. It's the one place where you can be completely carefree and leave all your worries behind- you have entered a new world!! :mickey:

Tink#64
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM
For me, I think it is the special power Disney has had over our family. It was our first real family vacation, and it brought us even closer together. It's the one place where you can be completely carefree and leave all your worries behind- you have entered a new world!! :mickey:

:exactly: I agree with Bellerella and all of you! WDW was truly our family's first "real vacation" & here we are 9 years later eager to arrive in 4 days & return to our laughin place! We check in at WDW & check out from the real world. It's just the four of us in our little magical bubble! We have more fun as a family at WDW than we do at any other vacation destination. We leave our stress & worries behind and we're totally immersed in the magic while we're there! Priceless! :cloud9:

teamblackwell
06-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Nobody has mentioned that planning a Disney vacation can be an adventure unto itself. Looking for(praying for) and getting the best deal possible on your package. Tracking the days out, to book the ADR's you need. Watching airline ticket prices like a hawk for even a slight change in price. Its kind of like the "thrill of the chase" rush. And planning a Disney vacation gives you something to do every day, till you leave to go on it. Does any other vacation need that kind of planning?

MKFD43
06-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Because there is no place on earth I'd rather be that walking the parks with my wife and daughters. Its a whole package the sites, smell, thrills, unexpected surprises, rides, shows, tastes. Its memories that really do last a life time. There is stories around every corner, in every step you take, every ride that you go on. It transports you to a fun environment away from what you are used to. I pass though the gates and the weight of my job is lifted from my shoulders and all I think about is enjoying every moment I can and seeing my family doing the same. Its a much needed respit from the death, destruction, and mayhem I see everyday. Disney is my therapy.

By the way has anyone else read the KINGDOM KEEPERS books. They can be a mini vacation to themselves.

micky95
06-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Because there is no place on earth I'd rather be that walking the parks with my wife and daughters. Its a whole package the sites, smell, thrills, unexpected surprises, rides, shows, tastes. Its memories that really do last a life time. There is stories around every corner, in every step you take, every ride that you go on. It transports you to a fun environment away from what you are used to. I pass though the gates and the weight of my job is lifted from my shoulders and all I think about is enjoying every moment I can and seeing my family doing the same. Its a much needed respit from the death, destruction, and mayhem I see everyday. Disney is my therapy.

By the way has anyone else read the KINGDOM KEEPERS books. They can be a mini vacation to themselves.

i totally agree with you .my dw says its an escape from the real world.now its just the 2 of us but we're planning the grandkids trip in 2013.cant wait to experience that.for me its a little more personal.my dw took me in 95 when we were dating.we had both been through divorces and she had gone as a child so she took me .it was there that i really saw her for the kind,gentle caring person that she is .i started to realize that i was falling in love with her.i bought her a ring at epcot .we knew that something had happened that trip but it was 3 years later before we were married.now every time i go i get a boost to that feeling i had that trip.so for me its not the rides or the shows but that one moment thats still crystal clear in my mind as it was that day, pure happiness and joy at the most magical place in the world.:cloud9:love the kingdom keepers series

flipadeeflop
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I like that everyone calls me princess