PDA

View Full Version : Thank you intercot..

Dulcee
06-21-2011, 08:02 AM
I recently joined another "community" type site like intercot but for wedding planning. I guess I assumed everyone was as kind, supportive and courteous as the members on this sight but it seems I was wrong.:( The site will go unnamed but to say the least many of the members were rude and just downright mean. :down:

I'd just like to put a thank you out to the Intercot community. You guys never let me down, your replies, whether disney related or not, are always realistic, helpful and overwhelmingly kind.:rocks:

merlinmagic4
06-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I agree! I'm recently back but have always loved these boards :)

T-Belle
06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
I totally agree with you. Our Intercot moderators have gone to great pains to keep this a family friendly site for all of us "Disney Nuts". Thanks guys-we really appreciate you!!!:number1:

CajunDisneyDad
06-21-2011, 08:21 AM
I couldnt agree more! This site and its members are a wealth of great information that every Disney visitor, weather it be a seasoned vet, or someone earning their ears for the first time, can use. Thank you guys for all the great info and tip :)

btharvey
06-21-2011, 09:23 AM
I wish I could say that other communities are as supportive and forgiving as this one ... but sadly they are not. Their moderators (if such a thing exists on those sites) seem to permit (some would say, "enable") the coarse, rude and downright nasty comments from some. I truly can't understand why they would be permitted.

To my mind, that kind of "harassment" has no place in a 1st amendment argument, which is what they're trying to say is the reason it's permitted. Open aggression of any form is something to be prevented. And since you need to be a 'member' and need to conform to the 'rules and regs' of the board, the board can set up pretty much anything as a restriction ... and thank goodness Intercot does and enforces them.

So in essence ... I'm sorry your experiences elsewhere are so poor, and I'm glad as you are that Intercot is so wonderful!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Intercot is the best:number1:

disneymom15
06-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I couldn't agree more. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

White Rose
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm going to chime in here as well...

No matter what other Disney board I go to, no matter what other message board on any topic I go to, Intercot always wins in quality and kindness over any of them. It's so nice to see the moderators actually participating in an active dialouge with other site members in regular, ordinary threads, unlike other sites where the only time you see a mod posting is to admonish someone for something they did against the TOS in a thread. Also, I never get an "elitist" feeling from the moderators on this board and they are always helpful when we need them.

Also, everyone here is so nice. I have yet to get a super rude comment on even the stupidest question I've ever asked in a thread.

So...thanks, guys. For everything. :) It's why I keep coming back!

slegrant
06-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Agreed! This is the best site on the web! Thank you Intercot:mickey:

BongoFury
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Also, everyone here is so nice. I have yet to get a super rude comment on even the stupidest question I've ever asked in a thread.

It's nice to be able to ask a question here and not have it turn into a flame war.

lettripp
06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I completely agree! I feel safe to voice my opinions on these boards because everyone is SO polite :mickey:. I'm honestly afraid to post on other boards most of the time...

hoop de do
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
PLUS we're all good lookin' :blush:

T-Belle
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM

You crack me up!!!!:funny:

badkitty
06-21-2011, 06:03 PM
I totally agree that Intercot is the best site out there and the moderators are fantastic! Other Disney-fan sites I've looked at are not friendly at all. There is definitely the "bully on the playground" syndrome going on. Not for me. I'm sticking with Intercot.

Cheers to Intercot! :thumbsup:

DVC2004
06-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Agreed. Everyone here is pretty cool. There are differences of opinion and deabtes, but always in a respectful manner. No one seems to be mean or rude. If only the rest of life's encounters could be as nice as it is here!:mickey:

caryrae
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM

Speak for yourself.....oh....wait, doh. :D

I think Intercot is one of the best organized sites.