PDA

View Full Version : HHI and Things to Do

DVC2004
06-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Can anyone who has visited here, or lives here, give me tips as to what is fun to do in the area or at the resort? Also good restaurants?

What are some must sees or do's, and what about fun for adults? Any nightlife?

Would be looking at October time of year.

pox24
06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
There are a million places to eat. Nice marina next door with food and shopping. I'm a golfer and thats why I go. HHI is very laid back and extremely hot in the summer. The beach house is wonderful. Its a place to lower your blood pressure for sure but still with a taste of Disney. Only drawback is that there is only a small CS place to eat on site.

DVC2004
06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks- is it still good for outdoorsy stuff in early October?

Also, what is a good place for seafood around there?

Basket Mommy
06-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I can tell you to definitely skip the restaurant that's on the property. It's not Disney, but you pass it on the way into the resort. Kingfisher, I think it is. Not great at all.

There are plenty of great places to eat. Our favorites were Giuseppi's Pizza (in a strip mall down the road from the resort) and The Salty Dog (look around for one of those tourist brochures before you go. There's a coupon in them for free parking. Otherwise you'll pay $5.) Another of my friends recommends the Seafood Shack (I *think* that's the name... it's def. something with Shack in the title).

If you want the thrill of a lifetime, book a deep sea fishing excursion with the Gullah Gal. Just Google the name to find it. I highly recommend them. We took our 4 kids out on the sea for 6 hours and caught lots of Striped Sea Bass. The guys filleted them and prepped them so we could take them back and prepared them for dinner. So, so fun.

TheVBs
06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
We were there one Nov. The beachcombing outing was great! We wanted to do the kayaking, but couldn't because of the wind and cold. They still did the campfires, very fun!

btown
08-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm here now in HH on our last night. Love it. You have to eat (and they have nightlife too, inside dining and out, right on the water) @ Skull Creek Boathouse! The best food! The sushi is amazing and they have everything. I had the Low Country Boil and it was fantastic. San Miquels in Shelter Cove is good. We also took a day trip to Savannah (1 hr drive) and at @ Paula Deens restaurant. Great day trip. We also chartered a boat on the Stray Cat w/ Capt. Jim, right next to Hudson's Marina and Boathouse! Enjoy

Becky