PDA

View Full Version : Ohana''s and Main St. Electrical Parade

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2011, 06:27 AM
We wanted to eat at Ohana's December 19 and come back to MK in time for the parade. Our ADR is at 720pm and the parade is at 900pm will we have enough time? I've never eaten at Ohana's before and didn't know if service was slow.....:confused:

r4kids
06-20-2011, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't count on making it back in time. A 7:20 ressie unfortunately doesn't mean you will be seated right at your ressie time and it is a some what slower paced meal. If you want to make the parade I would do a 5 or at the latest 6pm ressie.

KylesMom
06-20-2011, 08:31 AM
I would agree that a 7:20 reservation would not get you to MK for ELP at 9:00 pm, especially a few days before Christmas when holiday crowds are high. IF you are seated on time, Ohana is, at least for us, no less than a 90-minute dining experience. Usually it's closer to 2 hours by the time we finish dessert & pay the bill.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh my, unfortunately that was the earliest they had...I'll have to keep checking back I guess:(

DVC2004
06-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Well, I am sorry to say I agree with the previous posters. There can be a wait at Ohana, you can try to get there a bit earlier to see if they will seat you but no gaurantees.

You don't want to rush through dinner over there either- such a nice experience and great food. Once you are done, geting to MK will be a snap so at least that will be quick.

If you can't get in earlier, no worries. Finish when you do and try to catch what's left of the parade. Given the choice of Ohana or the parade, I'd pick the parade. It's very hard to get into Ohana and you got a decent meal time!

steamboat willy
06-20-2011, 12:26 PM
You don't want to rush such a GREAT meal. This is one my favorites, you'll Love It.
I agree the timing will probably be way to close to make the parade, even leaving from the Poly.
One thing, not sure if MSEP starts in the back of the park at SPLASH MT. or front beside the Fire Station? I'd keep trying back to get an earlier Ohana ressie regardless! :eat: or shoot for another Main Street Electrical Parade.
Main Streets going to be really crowded because of all those that have set and waited for an hour or more to watch the parade from their special spot.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't know why I couldn't get an earlier time for Dec. 19th...I've been checking all week times in December and there's seemed to be plenty of openings early at Ohanas....I also called just to make sure and they also showed 720 as earliest...we'll just keep it for now and hope to get something earlier.....

darthmacho
06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Keep trying for that earlier time. We had a similar plan last year, but we did Chef Mickey's and then got back to MK for MSEP in plenty of time, but our ADR was 5PM. Unfortunately I think your time will be cutting it too close, because even if you made it, you'd probably have a difficult time finding a spot to watch.

Don't be discouraged! Maybe you can get an earlier time, or change your plans slightly? Remember, you're going to WDW, and you're going to LOVE it! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Ohana was my number one ADR pick and we've never tried there so I'm not willing to give it up :blush:...we would be perfectly happy watching MSEP from under the train station if that's what we had to do, I am hoping though that an earlier ADR will open up but for now we are stuck with the 720....

ftwildernesskid
06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately, I agree with everyone else. Ohanas is my very favorite dinner reservation and definitely an experience where you dont want to feel rushed. Im betting youll be able to get an earlier time before December. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!

KylesMom
06-20-2011, 09:52 PM
I have another thought - it's possible that they'll do MSEP at 10:00 pm again, and it may not yet be on the calendar...

Jared
06-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I have another thought - it's possible that they'll do MSEP at 10:00 pm again, and it may not yet be on the calendar...
Yeah, I agree this is probably your best chance of seeing the parade with a 7:20 'Ohana reservation. It's entirely possible Disney adds a late show, especially considering the recent trend of extending park hours for the summer and beyond.

'Ohana is notorious for seating people well after their actual reservation time. It's one of the most popular restaurants on property, and the podium and waiting area is a complete zoo. It is not unusual to spend 30 minutes with a buzzer, and that's not something I've experienced anywhere else.

That said, I think the experience is completely worth the hassle. I don't blame you for not wanting to cancel the reservation. You won't regret that decision.

:)

Kairi_7378
06-20-2011, 11:13 PM
You might find that a little closer to the date, you'll be able to find an earlier opening. I think a lot of people may change dining plans once the Candlelight Processional packages are released.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks everybody, but my OCD paid off and there was a 6pm opening for Dec. 19th at 5am this morning....needless to say I was on it like a dog with a hambone:D So, do you think I'll have any problems with a 6pm ADR? I'm hoping this one's a winner:thumbsup:

DVC2004
06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh that's perfect- congrats! With the new time you should be all good to do it all. Congrats!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks, I'm so excited now...all my ADR's are lining up perfectly, now if I can get Hoop Dee Doo we will be good....they're holding everyone off until 6/28 for that one. Still, I think we are doing great:)

darthmacho
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks everybody, but my OCD paid off and there was a 6pm opening for Dec. 19th at 5am this morning....needless to say I was on it like a dog with a hambone:D So, do you think I'll have any problems with a 6pm ADR? I'm hoping this one's a winner:thumbsup:

I'm thrilled for you! I've probably mentioned this, but we did the Chef Mickey's (5pm) - MSEP on our trip, and it was a highlight of our trip. Do you remember the spot I mentioned that is great for observing the parade? You may have your own already. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
06-23-2011, 01:30 AM
If you can't get an earlier reservation, show up at least a half hour early and present yourself at the podium, telling them your situation; see if they can get you in early. You never know. It should take 15 minutes to get back on the monorail - tops. Best of luck.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm thrilled for you! I've probably mentioned this, but we did the Chef Mickey's (5pm) - MSEP on our trip, and it was a highlight of our trip. Do you remember the spot I mentioned that is great for observing the parade? You may have your own already. :mickey:

yes, I saved it in my messages so I won't forget:blush: