PDA

View Full Version : Another Magical Express Question

Kairi_7378
06-18-2011, 05:14 PM
We will be driving from the Tampa area to Orlando (in a rental car) on our next trip, and staying in Coronado Springs. We will be flying home from Orlando. We do not want to drive when we are in WDW. (I know lots of people like the flexibility of driving but the buses are fine with us.) My question is, if we return our rental car to the airport, can we use the Magical Express service to get to Disney, if we carry our bags to the bus and load them? I know that we should be able to use it on the way home.

Our other option that we are considering is using a rental agency that will take the car back at the Swan/Dolphin or in DTD.

Thanks, all!

Fangorn
06-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes, you will be able to do what you're proposing. As a Disney resort guest, you are entitled to one trip from MCO to your resort and one trip from the resort to MCO. They don't have to be taken in any specific order, or on the begining and ending days of your reservation. Just call DME and tell them what you need and they'll make the arrangements. The DME folks are really great about this stuff. But you do need to work directly with DME, NOT the CM's at your resort..

The simplest way is to use either Alamo or National and turn in the car on Disney property. After you turn in the car at either the Dolphin or at the Car Care Center, they will take you back to your resort if you want them to.

Enjoy.

Steve

CleveRocks
06-19-2011, 07:35 PM
The direct number for DME is 866-599-0951. Wait until you are within 60 days of your arrival day ... the DME cast members can't see resort reservations past 60 days into the future.