PDA

View Full Version : If I have a car can I make it from church to DTD in 30 min?

idreamofdisney
06-18-2011, 11:59 AM
On a Saturday, if I am at 6 pm mass at Mary Queen of Univ, 8300 Vineland Ave., Orlando, can I make it to DTD to have dinner at Wolfgang Puck at 7:30? Where do you park and what is the fee for parking if you are staying at a resort hotel? Thanks.

brivers222
06-18-2011, 12:09 PM
according to Google maps it says 2.9 miles 8 mins to wolfgang puck... but who knows about traffic lol

Also parking in DTD is completely free for everyone regardless of where you stay (unless it changed since Oct 2010)

So just head out of church and get on over to WGP!

sgdisney
06-18-2011, 06:31 PM
I believe that church is near the outlet mall & on a recent trip there on a Saturday evening it took me about 20 minutes to go 1 mile on Vineland due to traffic. But even with traffic it is very close to DTD so it should not be a problem.

faline
06-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I've only been in that area once when church was letting out but that certainly added considerably to the traffic and really slowed things down.

Mfarquar
06-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I've done this exact trip to Mary Queen of the Universe several times in August and September for both Saturday evening masses and 8 am Sunday masses.

We've always made it in an average of 20 minutes. I don't think it's ever taken any longer than that. One time we cheated traffic a little bit by taking a back road (used non-highway GPS) to avoid a little congestion.

They even have an officer on duty to help empty out the parking lot/flow of traffic when mass is over.

Mary Queen of the Universe is BEAUTIFUL. I've never been to a mass there that's run over 60 minutes. 30 minutes or more of travel should work out fine.

This is a really easy trip and you should be fine!

hubbyofadisneyholic
06-19-2011, 12:27 AM
If there is a full house for Mass it could be close. That's a lot of cars exiting the parking lot all at once.
We have never been to a Mass there that was less than 60 minutes.
And you can never predict how easy or hard it will be to find a parking space at DTD.

MinnieMommie
06-19-2011, 02:04 PM
You should be able to make it but I would change the reservation to 7:45 just to be safe. And don't park at Westside - head towards the AMC Movie theater and park down that end. Parking is free. :mickey: