PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting value for money????

SpaceMountainManiac
06-17-2011, 03:18 PM
After listening to the latest podcast I was interested by the opinion that we are getting our moneys worth in the parks. Ticket price inceases, extortionate dining prices ( counter service too ), very slow rehab and updating programs that (lets be honest) are a bit behind the times. We all provide Disney with their revenue - are we getting a good enough return ?

DisneyDINK
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Depends?

I just got back from a weekend in Las Vegas. Granted, Vegas is adult entertainment, but for me so is WDW. If I consider the flight, hotel, food, taxi/transportation, shows and (gulp) gambling cost I would have saved a lot of money going to WDW for 3 or 4 days and maybe have a better time.

Now, if I compare it to a camping trip... I think you know the answer. Cheaper, different, but a better value for sure.

I go to Disney knowing it is expensive, but I feel it is worth the price. As they mentioned in the podcast, consider what you get for the price. A 7 day hopper ticket will run you about $46 per day. Go to 2 parks for a total of 8 to 12 hours, what do you get? All you can ride, all of the shows... That is like going to 4 or 5 movies! It is definately cheaper than a concert or most live theater. So, I think the park tickets are an OK value. The hotels, those deluxes are really expensive, but I have the option of going to the values to save money. If they doubled the price of everything for next year I probably wouldn't go, but I guess that's why they don't.

Yes, the could create new attractions and rehab old ones at a faster rate, but that will just start the 100s of threads here at Intercot a bit mure quickly about how people liked something the old way or prefered whatever was there to what came after it.

Inflation is theft, but it is also reality. Prices are going to go up and Disney will charge what the market will pay. If they have problems filling rooms and parks they'll offer discounts and other promotions.

Fastpasssteve
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
For my friends and I, it is a good value. We like to go to nice restaurants. We have found that, for a little more $, you can get a much nicer meal (table service) than grabbing a hot dog with fries. The price differential is not that great.

Plus, we like to drink. Staying on property is close to the parks...but the best part is Disney transportation. Nobody has to drive...nobody has to be a 'designated driver.' There is very little responsibility. We love that element. Even Disney's Magical Express from the airport...genius. These are the kinds of things that impress us and keep us coming back.

Dulcee
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
I always feel its a good value.

We do other vacations, beaches all over the place, Kentucky a summer ago, camping on occasion. Each one is expensive sometimes more or less so then WDW but what we always find is that we get comparably more for our money at WDW.

We're never at a loss for things to do. And the restaurants are pretty awesome. I'm not a big CS fan to begin with so we don't do many. But we love TS restaurants and most are pretty accurately priced for a major vacation zone. Go to any vacation area and you'll find that restaurants are more pricey then other areas.

ChipNDale79
06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
IMO its not worth the value for a short trip, but if you plan on going on a trip for 5 days or longer its tends to be cheaper for us to go to disney than it does the beach.

The price increases are very annoying, for the same price we paid to stay at a moderate during the busy season 3 years ago, we'll stay at a value resort in value season in sept 2012. That of course is barring no discounts, which I believe we'll see.

We love Disney, but without discounts I'm not sure how often we would go.

Belle1217
06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
The only thing that has upset me is that since the last time we were there in 2008 the prices have gone up, which we expect, but they cut back on the nightly shows. I was upset to see that wishes and fantasmic do not play evey night. They are 2 shows that we really love to watch but now might have to miss. :( With that being said we still LOVE Disney and continue to go as often as we can.

Kairi_7378
06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
The only thing that has upset me is that since the last time we were there in 2008 the prices have gone up, which we expect, but they cut back on the nightly shows. I was upset to see that wishes and fantasmic do not play evey night. They are 2 shows that we really love to watch but now might have to miss. :( With that being said we still LOVE Disney and continue to go as often as we can.

Belle, FYI, they are showing Fantasmic each night in the summer months! (Not sure if that helps you though.

Kairi_7378
06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I think that a lot of what you are getting when you vacation in WDW is intangible. There are the advantages of being at a resort with many components, many "magical" moments, the special way that many people feel when they are there.) It is very difficult to assign value to some of these items, and how important they are to you is a personal decision. Therefore, I think that the answer to this person will vary from person to person.

I have a feeling that many people on Intercot, the "Super Fans," will agree that there is still value to a WDW vacation, although this value may have decreased over the years. (Especially those of us who take the time to relax and "smell the roses" when they are there, find hidden Mickeys, etc.) Others, who aren't as "into" Disney as we are and may not see/ appreciate all of the little details, would consider a WDW vacation to be a big waste of money. (The "it's just a theme park" people would fit into the later category.)

DizneyRox
06-17-2011, 07:04 PM
No, value has gone way down...

We can compare against others all we want, but here's the truth.

Disney used to set the bar. They no longer do.

Over the past ten years or so, the quality has gone down. There have been cuts in just about every department. Groundskeeping isn't what it was years ago. Nice? Yeah, it's acceptable I guess, but it's not on par with what it was. Maintenance has gone down, they are more reactive than proactive. Unsafe? No, but again not great compared to years past. Entertainment has been slashed across the board, from the amount of performances to things like the number of shells in the fireworks displays.

All while my costs have gone up. Now, if my costs go up and. I get the same amount of "perks" then I don't say value has gone down. But, spending more for less, in every definition of value I've seen, says value has gone down.

I like spending money, I don't mind it all. But I do want something in return. I WILL spend my money, but I'm not sure Disney deserves it. For the near future at least, they are not going to get any more from me.

Jillirose
06-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure we get good value, but we do get a bang for the buck unlike any other. We also get convenience - dining, attractions, transportation, cast-member service, and wonderfully themed hotels with amenities.

Terra
06-17-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm thinking since most of you have to travel to come here it can definitely be more to think about and weigh cost vs. perks.

I live 45 minutes from WDW in Lake Wales. We are a two income degree holding household, but our combined income is less than $30k a year.

So for us the Florida resident payment plan has helped a lot. my DH doesn't like Disney so he never goes. It's just myself and my 2 sons. My youngest turns 3 in two weeks so he'll no longer be free.

Doing the payment plan for me [the seasonal] and I buy my oldest the play 4 day pass, is a good deal for us.

Plus in that you can pack food at Disney helps. I typically will pack all the food drinks for the boys and snacks. And I'll eat one counter service for the day at the park.

My best friend and I go about 1-2 times a month for a girls night out and we do counter service. I take the boys about once every other month. The summer is blacked out [and too hot!]

So really for us we do get the value for our money. I do wish things like food and lodging were cheaper though for those traveling in.

Aurora
06-17-2011, 10:06 PM
You definitely get more value the more days you visit the parks. Over the last 10 years, we've taken 7 trips to WDW. All have been with stays at Disney resorts; all but one have been with theme park visits of four days or more. The exception was the trip we returned from last week, which, not coincidentally, we felt gave us the least value.

The reason was a simple math equation -- fewer days in the parks with larger crowds meant we were able to see and do less. Even with taking advantage of late park closings and an evening EMH, we still couldn't do as much as if we had more days in the parks. We just didn't have as much money or time to spend this year.

We won't make this mistake again, but with higher ticket prices, it will mean fewer trips for us. Yes, quality overall has decreased, but I believe there is still great entertainment value in a WDW vacation, if you have enough time and, paradoxically, spend a little more money.

Silver_Surfer
06-17-2011, 10:29 PM
I think so! Just came back from a 15 day stay. Ate at some nice buffets with my free dining plan and used enough diesel fuel from hoping from park to park back and forth from my resort to make me feel a little guilty. My only gripe was the parks didn't stay open 24-7;)

JasonH
06-18-2011, 12:42 AM
This also depends on how you look at the price and how it breaks down after you give WDW your money. The economy is bad, prices are up and Disney has to follow suit or else really don't make money. The money we give them goes towards electricity, water & sewer, food, maintenance (grounds, rides, hotels and even just the upkeep of keeping everything looking nice are some examples), CM's, fuel for the buses (which we all know is REALLY expensive these days), pest control, security and firemen, not to mention so much more behind the scenes such as those who work on the costumes, those who work on the makeup and hair for performers. Also the expenditure of the items and tools needed to keep the place running along with merchandise for us to buy. This is just some of the things one has to consider if you really want to look at whether or not you're getting a value for your WDW vacation. When you have a place that's twice the size of Manhattan to run, that's a lot of money you're forking over just to keep it running and your employees satisfied as well as your guests. In other words, yes, I think I'm still getting a value.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 08:14 AM
No doubt its expensive, but everything is expensive these days....before our last trip I considered taking a trip to the mountains....when I booked the hotel, looked at gas to travel (same distance as Disney), area restaurants (actually a little pricier than Disney) and prices of area attractions, I said forget it we'll go to Disney its a better deal. When you consider you may pay $15 per person to play one round of Goofy golf that may last an hour to an hour and a half, then figure in cost per person to visit a small local aquarium $20 per person and you've only covered maybe 4 hours...yes, I think Disney is a good vacation deal.:thumbsup:

LVT
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
It is to me. Our family (3-4 on a trip) alternates each year with the western national parks.
The costs run the same since the budget does not alter much. The western trips even have about the same amount of walking .;)
WDW's days are more fun filled and the western trips more awe filled.
I hope to not have to give up either.:D

TheVBs
06-18-2011, 03:15 PM
We definitely think it is! We go to WDW every other year and take different vacations in between, and we always feel we get more value for our money at WDW than at any other destination. Not that we don't have a good time at the other destinations, we do, but we have a GREAT time at Disney and do so much more.

Just one example: we went to the Wisconsin Dells one year, stayed four days, had to pay for everything seperately and our final bill would have covered over a week at Disney!

As someone else mentioned there are also the intangibles that you get at WDW that we just don't find at other destinations. You can't put a dollar amount on a wonderful memory. And, as a family, we all have so much fun doing all there is to do in Disney.

TheVBs
06-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Oops. Didn't mean to post twice!

BluewaterBrad
06-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I think that a lot of what you are getting when you vacation in WDW is intangible. There are the advantages of being at a resort with many components, many "magical" moments, the special way that many people feel when they are there.) It is very difficult to assign value to some of these items, and how important they are to you is a personal decision. Therefore, I think that the answer to this person will vary from person to person.

I have a feeling that many people on Intercot, the "Super Fans," will agree that there is still value to a WDW vacation, although this value may have decreased over the years. (Especially those of us who take the time to relax and "smell the roses" when they are there, find hidden Mickeys, etc.) Others, who aren't as "into" Disney as we are and may not see/ appreciate all of the little details, would consider a WDW vacation to be a big waste of money. (The "it's just a theme park" people would fit into the later category.)

Well said.:mickey:

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 10:19 PM
whether or not something is "worth the price" is subjective. I have been other places and spent less, but did less and wished I was @ WDW. Inflation is inevitable and we know if we're going to WDW, it's not gonna be cheap. It can be done either less expensively or all out depending on the personal preference. Example: we like to sit on our balcony alot and enjoy a cocktail or two. Therefore, we want a great view and are willing to pay more. It's worth it to us. Whereas, some may only be in their room to shower and sleep and see no point in the extra expense for a room with a "view". The worth, for us, comes from knowing that there are a gazillion things to do at any given time, for any given age, or that we can simply relax and stroll around and enjoy.

Tink#64
06-20-2011, 12:45 AM
I agree with you guys on the fact that you can't place a dollar value on the WDW vacation experience. I do feel like we get "our monies worth" at WDW! For the last few years, we've been alternating our big family vaca's between WDW & Myrtle Beach & I can honestly say, it's so easy for us to spend just as much on the beach vaca's if we even visit a few different entertainment venues & enjoy a few nicer meals! And that's with having everyday just being lazy by the pool & at the beach! We also tend to spend more time shopping & therefore spending, on the beach vaca's just to be doing something! Also, just to stay in a decent beach resort with a few amenities, that cost alone is more than the values at WDW! We love our beach vacations :vacation: but they can be pricey too!

We know besides food & souvenears, once we're in WDW we can stay as busy & entertained as we want to be and it's all already paid for! Just thinking of all the opportunities for adventure that are there for us to choose! WOW! All the parks, DTD, all the restaurants, checking out any of the resorts, all the extra's, putt putt, etc, oh my gosh, the choices just seem endless! Way more than we can fit into a week - alot at no extra cost just for the experience! :cloud9: We enjoy all kinds of trips, at different cost levels, but imho WDW is still a good value for us! Yeah it's a heck of a lot of money for vacation, but it's definitely a magical place for my family! :thumbsup:

tazlikesrobots
06-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I cannot put a price on the memories made, the joy in my Son's face when Mickey got on the ground and played with him ( this went on for about 15 minutes), the excitement when we ride TSM, the scenery, the peacefulness when walking around the resorts, etc.

For years we vacationed at other places thinking that WDW was too expensive. Truth be told we are spending about the same.

So where is the value? It depends on what you cherish. For me WDW is a place where I can let out my inner child for a few days, a place where I can wake up with my family, spend the day together, and still be together at the end of the day. We live in a world dominated by schedules, palces to be, work to do, school to attend, etc. It is nice to know that there is a place we as a family look forward to going to, because we know that is is our "family time" and nothing can disturb that. Honestly I'd move there in a heartbeat, but it may be a while before that can happen.

Victor Kelly
06-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Our honeymoon trip cost us close to $5000 last year. That includes airfare, car rental, stay at pop century, upgraded meal plan, tickets to wdw, seaworld and universal, and souvenirs.

1. Disney was 14 day tickets. More days you buy the lower the price per day.

2. Meal plan was originally 1 counter and 1 snack per person per day, but we upgraded to 2 counter, 1 snack and 1 table service.

3. Pop Century, I forget the price but it was close to $2500 for the 14 day stay, meal plan was included in the price.

4. Airfair totaled about $400 for both of us.

5. Car rental about $200 and gas another $50.

6. Seaworld tickets were about $60, one day each.

7. Universal was a total off $300 for both combined.

8. Extra food was about $300 max

9. Souvenirs totaled about $500 (we bought artwork)

For our honeymoon, my wife's first trip to Disney and my 40th trip, the meals and experiences we had were worth every penny. We know there were other options that could lower the expenses but we did not use them. WE had fun and have no regrets.

The best options are to book a trip when there are deals like the meal plan, lower hotel rates, buy more days if possible because more days equals less per day.

Disney has tremendous overhead costs. No things are not like they were in the past. Management can be put to blame for that. But, so can the economy. Less people that visit, means less money. Less m oney means things have to be put off, or cancelled all together.

I did not go on my honeymoon to find things to gripe about. IASW was closed as was tea cups, TTA narration was changed. COP is way run down. Some CMs were not up to par. BUT, I did not dwell on these things, nor will I any longer. None of them ruined my trip or my experiences.

Your trip is what you make of it.:mickey:

MOJoe
06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Some things at WDW offer exceptional value. Others, not at all. Ticket prices, in spite of all the recent increases, still offer great value, in my opinion. Last year i took my family to Branson Mo. I was shocked how fast my money was spent. You want to see a variety show? $150 or more. That's for a couple hours of entertainment. Go to a museum? Another $150. Mini-golf $125. Go Cart rides? $60 for just a few minutes. It added up fast. Also, nothing is walking distance, and driving was a big hassle. We also took in several Cardinal Baseball games. Tickets averaged $40 each.

Now i know i'm comparing apples and oranges. But my point is, at WDW you pay one set price, and have access to all the entertainment any WDW park offers for a whole day. Compare that to the many "ala carte" vacation opportunities and you start to think "How can they do all this for so little money?"

Deluxe resorts offer less value. You are paying more for convenience and location, and less for actual accomodations. Still, you have the option to stay at lower priced moderate or value resorts.

Food is the catagory offering the least value. $60 or so for an average counter service meal for 4 is hardly a bargain. And that's taking into consideration the food is really good. Which it most likely is not. Want better? There are some great places to eat in WDW. But the prices are so high for signature dining that many people would consider it excessive. Now i have to say that eating at a baseball stadium is really expensive too. But since, in both situations you are a captive audience, there is little incentive to provide real value.

All in all, i think a Disney trip gives you a lot for your entertainment dollar. You can spend more or less on rooms and food. That gives everyone some flexibility to fit a trip into their budget.
But most importantly, there is a lot to do in a WDW park. The biggest impediment to the value of your vacation dollar is not really the ticket price, as much as it is your ability to use all the entertainment the park has to offer.

alex61821
06-20-2011, 03:28 PM
look at the value of everything else around you. It costs me around 80 dollars to take my family to a movie for what an hour and half. with kids in front of us texting and kids behind us talking or kicking our chairs. would you say that is a good value?

Almost 300 bucks to go see a baseball game with some of the kids bored some of the kids not bored. maybe the game is a one home run game in the first inning with a few men on base here and there throughout with no other runs. is that a good value?

you start to put a price tag on most things and i think you will find they come up rather short. I for one am hoping disney does whatever it takes to keep me coming back and they certainly have done that.

disney obsessed
06-20-2011, 04:07 PM
I agree that you have to stay at least five days to make it a value. The daily price for tickets is what is keeping me from getting in the car right now and driving down to DW. Two days is too expensive. Even with just driving.
Great marketing on their part as the longer you stay the more you spend on incidentals.....

MrPeetrie
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
I definitely think we are getting our money's worth if you're looking for a family vacation. Consider my last year trip to Cedar Point:

In an effort to "save money," we took car's ride vacation rather than fly to Disney. Saves money there and on tickets. Rooms were considerably more expensive than moderates. Last year, DD was 7 and 46" tall, just under what you need to ride the better rides. But she was too old for the Kiddieland rides. So she rode Iron Dragon and Disaster Transport five times apiece. I think in two days there, she ride a total of five or six different rides.

My son was only 6 months old and only ride the train and watched shows. Now consider the same two days at just the Magic Kingdom. Except for the three mountain rides, my daughter could have ridden everything else in the park. And my son could have seen a lot more, too. And that's just one park. There's the rest of Disney World.

Granted, Cedar Point is geared toward thrill-seeking teens and not families. But when we returned in October for Hallowweekends, the place was PACKED. And since
There's no FastPass system, wait times were as long as 4 hours for Millenium Force. Where's the value in that???!!!

No, for me, there is so much to do as a family is Disney World, I think it more than justifies the price.

darthmacho
06-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Some things could be better, I suppose, and I wish that airfare prices were cheaper, and that deluxe resorts were more within my price range, but YES, in all actuality, I have to say that our last trip in particular, was worth every penny!:twocents:

buzznwoodysmom
06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
After spending a long weekend in San Antonio and adding up all our recipts I would definitely say we get a better "value" out of our WDW vacations. San Antonio was great, and we'll likely go back again one day, but we spent a ton of money and we feel that our experiences in WDW, while different, are better. What we spent on a 3 night trip to San Antonio we could have done 4 nights in WDW at a moderate resort.

However, do I feel that we get as good a value as we once did in WDW??? No, not really. I expect price increases, everything else is increasing as well (been to the grocery store lately :ack:). But with those increases I'd rather not see so much being taken away. Food costs more, but the quality and choices most definitely are not better. Tickets keep going up with not a whole lot new to do, and many shows are on a more limited schedule. So the value at WDW has decreased what it used to be for us, but we find that often times its still a better value than other locations.

We continue to return so I guess that speaks for itself. If we didn't like what we were getting for our money we'd stop going.

frakers
06-22-2011, 03:25 PM
We have decided in our family's point-of-view, that the entertainment is still a value overall but the food...not so much anymore. In the past we have always eaten a TS meal everyday. However, given our kids current ages, we have a 4 y.o. and a 9 y.o. who are now both charged for their food AND who both eat like little birds. We find that paying TS costs for the two of them, particularly for AYCE/buffet locations, is in no way a good value. Goodness knows it'd be nice if they ever wanted the same entree that we could split to feed their little appetites but alas, that's never the case and at the buffets that's not an option anyway, so we are going to forgo TS locales on our November trip. In the future, when they are teens, our dining value should greatly increase but for now, TS is just not a logical option.

Stickey
06-23-2011, 12:56 PM
A WDW trip is still a good overall value.

For deluxe resorts, a significant pin code/promotion is needed. Rising park ticket prices are disappointing, yet the parks remain a very good value. Dining is not a good value. The DDP has had an adverse impact on restaurant prices and menu selection.

sixshot19
06-24-2011, 11:40 AM
When my boys ask me daily when we are going back to our Disney house. Or they tell everyone that they are going on Mickey's boat when their four. That seals it for me, where else do your kids smile all day long. Sure things change or some paint isn't touched up as fast as it used to be, things get more expensive, salaries go up. That is the way of things.

I still have yet to find anywhere else where I am treated so good/nice by every employee (cast member). The great memories alone is worth admission.

A bad day at Disney is better then most great days anywhere else.

SpecJoe Magic
06-25-2011, 05:00 AM
As was mentioned already, I agree that there are many intangibles when it comes to visiting WDW that you can't exactly get anywhere else. I've been to numerous other places in my life but none of them so far have equaled the amazing feeling that I get when I'm at WDW. I think a lot of us are willing to pay a premium for that feeling, which I think is partially why so many of us still say that we are getting plenty of value for our money.

I also think that the tangibles, for the most part, are still a good value as well. For example, there is a lot of entertainment included with park admission such as the attractions, nighttime shows, and various other fun experiences. The resorts are at least a decent value, especially the values and the moderates, when you consider everything you get in addition to the room. As for the food, that's a tough call for me. On the one hand, it is very expensive to eat at WDW, but I always look at eating as something that I have to do regardless of whether I'm at WDW or not. So, I view food at WDW as an additional expense as opposed to an expense that only exists at WDW. Besides, there are free dining promotions sometimes.

The cost of a WDW trip compared to the cost of a trip elsewhere really puts the value into perspective. I've spent loads of money going to places that I didn't enjoy nearly as much as WDW. Granted, I don't typically spend as much money at those other places as I do at WDW, but in terms of value for the money, I think WDW still beats out everywhere else.

I try not to compare the value of WDW today to the value of WDW many years ago because so much has changed about life in general over the years that I don't feel it's a fair comparison. Many of us went decades ago when we were kids, so those times seem more magical and more valuable looking back on it now through our nostalgia.

The bottom line for me is that WDW still creates great fun and cherished memories for me and my family, and as long as that continues and we can reasonably afford to visit, then it's definitely worth it.

CajunDisneyDad
06-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Honestly I made my first trip to the world in 08, so I didnt get to see alot of the attractions that people bemoan the loss of. I can say I have noticed the prices increase...and it seems like they are taking stuff away... take for instance the new dining plans... oh the QS they took away a snack, but of course didnt lower the price. Also when we went on our honeymoon, the price we paid for a moderate is now what a value cost for the same time frame... I understand that due to inflation prices rise, but being we are in a bad economy right now... I dont really see the wisdom in trying to price out alot of the people that love your product... as for us, one thing that gets my goat is when DS turns 3, his ticket will be 6 dollars less than an adult ticket... I think that is a sham, but oh well.... Disney World is something I did not have as a child due to the fact that I came from a very large family, and it just wasnt feasable to go... I dont want to deny my children that...but if Disney keeps insisting on raising the prices for everything, and cutting back on things, weather it be services, or park hours or whatever... we might have to cut down on how often we go... Which kills me because I see how much DS loves to go and he is only 2, and I know how much I enjoy the escape... Just my 2 cents worth.

Ian
06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I just went and saw Jimmy Buffet the other night ... you want to talk extortion?? $8 nachos?? $5 for the tiniest hot dog you've ever seen in your life?? $22 for a 24 ounce beer??? :eek:

The reason it seems so expensive in WDW is because you're paying those prices for 7 days in a row not just for 2 or 3 hours. Otherwise, they're pretty much identical if not more reasonable than other entertainment endeavors.

BelleBeauty
06-25-2011, 09:47 AM
I think that it is a great value. My DH and I travel all of the time for work and pleasure, but WDW has really been the only place where I can lose myself, not pay attention to work, and truly get away from it all. The only time I feel that the value isn't there is when a cast member slips out of their role and takes away a little of the Disney magic. I know people talk about that going down all the time, but it really is different for each trip. As long as I can be sucked into that Disney magic, it is worth it every time.

seanyred
06-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I just went and saw Jimmy Buffet the other night ... you want to talk extortion?? $8 nachos?? $5 for the tiniest hot dog you've ever seen in your life?? $22 for a 24 ounce beer??? :eek:

The reason it seems so expensive in WDW is because you're paying those prices for 7 days in a row not just for 2 or 3 hours. Otherwise, they're pretty much identical if not more reasonable than other entertainment endeavors.

Since I live near Chicago I'm used to the ridiculous prices at venues. But 22 dollars for a 24oz beer. That's $0.91 an oz, please say it was at least an import and not a domestic. Or that Jimmy was the one serving it...cause that's just plan crazy.

Terra
06-28-2011, 05:57 PM

I'm jealous you went to see Buffet! LOVE him! I'm reading his novel 'A Salty Piece of Land' right now! How was the concert! I hear you on the prices at such events. We went to a baseball game and paid $8 for nachos as well. Beer was a little cheaper.

Since I live near Chicago I'm used to the ridiculous prices at venues. But 22 dollars for a 24oz beer. That's $0.91 an oz, please say it was at least an import and not a domestic. Or that Jimmy was the one serving it...cause that's just plan crazy.
I was thinking that too! That better be one good beer at nearly $1 an oz!