PDA

View Full Version : EMH or Avoid EMH

steamboat willy
06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I have read several post on avoiding Parks with EMH. I assume that is because of the EXTRA guest taking advantage of EMH, so that Park is going to be more crowded?
Do you recommend taking advantage of EMH, (both morning and evening) or AVOID them and go to another Park? :confused:

goofygirl64
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
From my personal experience, I have enjoyed the extra morning hours more than the evening hours. The last time that we tried the evening hours at MK, the bus depot for the return to your resort was an absolute nightmare. Fortunately for us, we were staying POFQ and only had to wait thru 4 buses. Riverside however, was just unbelievable. There had to be at least 400 people in line just for that resort alone and people were getting pretty irritable!

Fastpasssteve
06-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Thinking about this depends on the rhythms of your life: For families with young children, many people have great success with using morning extra magic hours. They can get a lot done and enjoy a relatively empty park. Plus, if you get an early start to the day, you are ripe for an afternoon nap/pool time back at the resort before you tackle the parks in the evening.

Now, for my friends and I, we stay out late and go to Raglan Road and Jellyrolls and such...
...so, we take advantage of the late extra magic hours. One can get on a lot of rides that normally have long lines...like Splash mountain during the summer!

If you are going during the summer (peak attendance times) the parks are going to be full. Period. After a certain point, there IS no better.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

MarkC
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
If you go in the AM, it will be the most empty you will ever see a park (for that time of year anyway). Go and walk on as many rides as you can. You should be able to see everything in the park by noon, and then move on to a different park for the rest of the day.

If you go in the PM, the first hour or two may be busy but the last hour will be almost vacant. The exception seems to be DS, which has long lines for everything as there are only a few rides to stay open.

IloveDisney71
06-17-2011, 04:51 PM
If you go in the AM, it will be the most empty you will ever see a park (for that time of year anyway). Go and walk on as many rides as you can. You should be able to see everything in the park by noon, and then move on to a different park for the rest of the day.

If you go in the PM, the first hour or two may be busy but the last hour will be almost vacant. The exception seems to be DS, which has long lines for everything as there are only a few rides to stay open.

I agree, for some reason the park with morning EMH's always seems to get really busy around 11:00 or 12:00 so we usually leave then and go to another park but until then you can ride a lot.

And Ditto on the evening EMH's - the last hour is always the least crowded. :)

I also have a tip for evening EMH's - wear a lanyard that you can put your park pass in. The CM's will ask to see it for EVERY ride & it saves a lot of time by you not having to pull it out of a pocket or wallet. We wear them & just show it to them and get to keep on walking. :mickey:

Aurora
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
I agree with the above posters. We were there last week and did not take advantage of morning EMHs for the first time. We were sorry. We did use the nighttime EMH at the Magic Kingdom and watched the park clear out. I never again won't take advantage of this perk.

DisneyMom12
06-17-2011, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=

I also have a tip for evening EMH's - wear a lanyard that you can put your park pass in. The CM's will ask to see it for EVERY ride & it saves a lot of time by you not having to pull it out of a pocket or wallet. We wear them & just show it to them and get to keep on walking. :mickey:[/QUOTE]

They don't give out the wristbands anymore?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-17-2011, 05:54 PM
They don't give out the wristbands anymore?

No, no more wristbands. CM's check your room key at the entrance to each ride.

I agree with all of the above posters though ... morning EMH are awesome, evenings are quite hit and miss, usually too busy for us.

mechanic
06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
love being in mk til 2am!t

Snow's Mom
06-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Morning EMH if you have hoppers and can go to another park later. The parks start getting very busy by 11:00. We used the morning EMH and then went back to the hotel, then to another park. Worked well. I avoid them if I know I can't switch parks.

The people with us last time were from a time zone two hours earlier, so no A.M. EMH's. Couldn't ask them to get up at 5:00!

Evening EMH---I haven't stayed late enough to make it worthwhile. I'd like to try it, though.

frozman
06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Let me give you some opinions. First off, if you do NOT plan on utilizing EMH, I would probably avoid that park altogether for the day, especially before 11am if the park had an AM EMH, and after 7pm if the park had an evening EMH. As someone noted, yes the AM ones are about the most quiet you will see the parks for that time of year, but once they open to normal guests, there's already several hundred people throughout the park.

I will also say that Magic Kingdom evening EMH tends to be most useful during the last two hours. You really need to let people clear out of the lines and then the park is just wonderful (remember, if someone gets in line for something at 9:59 when the park normally closes at 10:00, they will be allowed to ride). You CAN enter the parks during the actual EMH, after normal closing time.

Personally, I hated the Studios evening EMH, it was super packed for much of the night. I might avoid that one.