PDA

View Full Version : camera

peter's #1 fan
06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm going to buy a new camera this year for my trip but I don't know which kind to get. I have had kodak in the past but thought I might get a nikon or a canon. Just something easy to use.

DisneyMom12
06-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I got a Canon PowerShot SD1400IS. I love it. It had great reviews, a long battery life, and it was under $150 on sale.

BrerGnat
06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Go with Canon. I've owned several and they are amazing little cameras. Great picture quality, nice and lightweight/compact, and easy to use. We just bought a Canon Power Shot ELPH 100HS. LOVE IT! It's so slim and small, it fits in a pocket very easily, and it takes great photos! It was just under $200.

btharvey
06-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Likewise the Canon, especially the Powershots. Always been good, from the old biggies to the new tiny ones.

BraddyB
06-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Can't go wrong with either a Nikon or Canon.

Alot is personal preference. I have a Nikon point and shoot, and also a Nikon DSLR.

Best bit of advice is go to a store and try both brands out and go with the one YOU like. You will be happy with whichever brand you go with.

Itchy
06-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Cannon are good cameras as well as Nikon. I have a Fuji SLR type camera and love it better than the Canon EOS Rebel SLR that I used a work. The Fuji had better low light capture without a flash.

My daughter bought a Fuji small point and shoot camera last year which replaced a Cannon point and shoot. She like the Fuji better.

All in all I would just suggest that you go to a retailer such as Best Buy, Walmart, or Target and feel and touch the cameras. You can take photos and look at the quality and see how they feel to you.

Happy hunting and hope this helps.:mickey:

LVT
06-18-2011, 12:59 PM
another canon person.
1. I have dropped it several times:OK so far
2. special settings for fireworks, aquariums etc have worked great

DizneyRox
06-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Canon Elph 300...

Stop looking, start buying...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I've had a Fuji, a Nikon and now have a Canon and really love the Canon Powershot. It takes great photos without having to raise the flash which is great on dark rides at WDW. And it takes fantastic fireworks pix. And the zoom is phenomenal too.