PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch??

Gibbs
06-17-2011, 10:41 AM
My 6 year old niece will be making her first trip to the MK next week. What are the best spots to catch Wishes?:fworks: I don't know when she will be able to come back, so I would like to make this trip as :tink:magical as possible.

JasonH
06-17-2011, 11:06 AM
The most obvious answer here is anywhere along Main St. with Cinderella's Castle in view or around the hub in front of the castle that way you have a view of the castle and fireworks together.

However, there has been a spot that my family and I have done a couple times and that is actually along the walkways that are next to the water in Frontierland near the border of Liberty Square. You may not see much of the castle, but with very little people there, it can seem like they're putting Wishes on just for you and your family. :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-17-2011, 11:33 AM
We like to watch it from Liberty Square, you get a side view of the castle and there are not that many people:mickey:

phillydan
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
If this is the first time, Main Street is the way to go for the full experience. If she likes Tink, try standing near the entrance to Tomorrowland, and Tink will fly right over your head. Enjoy.

Pop Centurion
06-17-2011, 12:40 PM
For a good unobstructed view for a small child, I'd recommend along the rail in front of Crystal Palace. While it's not directly front & center it's still a great view. Plus with her right at the rail there will be nobody in front of her blocking her view. The area fills up early so don't wait too late to get a spot.

If you're willing to spend the extra money, the Wishes desert party would really be special for her.

BigThunderFan
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
We love the bridge to Tomorrowland, right under where Tink flies. It's not as crowded, and you have a great view of everything.

steamboat willy
06-17-2011, 02:34 PM
We love the bridge to Tomorrowland, right under where Tink flies. It's not as crowded, and you have a great view of everything.

This is exactly where I was going to recommend! She will be able to see the Castle, the Fireworks:fworks: and :tink: flying right over her head! :thumbsup:

LovinWDW
06-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Try to book the dessert party for the fireworks that takes place on the tomorrowland noodle terrace if available. Great seating, not crowded, great view and tink flys right over your head. Anywhere on main St would be my
2nd choice and we also like Fantasy Land next to Dumbo.:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I love to sit right on the hub in front of the castle. The lighting on the castle is a major part of the show. Don't miss that. Make sure you have a drink or snack with you to wait for the show...and then, after the fireworks, be patient! Everyone tries to shove their way down Main Street to exit at the same time. Forget that. Vacations are about relaxing, not stressing. Go on another ride, walk through frontierland...anything but fight the crowd.

Then, when things have calmed down...make your way to the gate.

A Big Kid
06-17-2011, 05:49 PM
If you stand on the bridge to Tomorrow land, Tink will fly right over your head. Look for the cable and stand underneath or near it.

LovinWDW
06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
If you stand on the bridge to Tomorrow land, Tink will fly right over your head. Look for the cable and stand underneath or near it.

What is this cable you speak of ????????:secret:

06-18-2011, 01:11 AM
What is this cable you speak of ????????:secret:

There is a cable that goes from a Tomorrowland building to the Castle that is for cable TV so that Prince Charming can watch ESPN.

andreallybadeggs
06-18-2011, 09:57 PM
There is a cable that goes from a Tomorrowland building to the Castle that is for cable TV so that Prince Charming can watch ESPN.

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup: