PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland Events

pox24
06-17-2011, 07:55 AM
We have been cardholders for Tables in Wonderland for awhile, but have never attended any special events. They all seem very pricy. I'm interested to hear cooments from those who've gone to some of these gatherings. Are they worth it?

KylesMom
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I know many of us have inquired about the same thing, and I don't think we've gotten any real reviews or feedback on the events. I did note that two new events have just been announced for July. I was rather hoping they were going to host another "party" in one of the attractions during our visit that we could book as a family!

Tables in Wonderland
Sunday Brunch at Narcoossee’s
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Sunday, July 10th, 2011 12:00pm - 2:00 pm
Featuring the Wines of Domaine Chandon-Moët & Chandon USA

Dress Code: Business Casual

$95.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

A dazzling view and enticing menu set the mood for a unique brunch experience! You are invited to enjoy an exclusive Tables in Wonderland event at Narcoossee’s unlike anything previously available to Walt Disney World Guests. Nestled along the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon, Narcoossee’s is the ideal location to sip champagne and delight in contemporary cuisine. Along with a flavorful menu, we will be featuring the wines of Domaine Chandon-Moët and Chandon USA. Our Guest speaker will be Mike Ehrbar, the Training and Development Manager for the Moët Hennessy Brand. Don’t miss what promises to be a truly GRAND Tables in Wonderland experience at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!

RECEPTION
Passed Hors d'oeuvres
Spiced Shrimp Skewer with Horseradish Foam
Caviar on Potato Cakes with Lobster, Crème Fraiche and Chives
Smoked Salmon with Hass Avocado and Mascarpone Cheese on Romaine Hearts
Bloody Mary Martini’s
featuring Belvedere Bloody Mary Vodka and a garnish bar
Moët Chandon Extra-Dry Riche

BRUNCH
Appetizer Trio
Tuna Niçoise with a Poached Quail Egg
Seared Scallop with Basil-Citrus Emulsion
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with Remoulade Sauce
~Domaine Chandon Chardonnay, Carneros ~

Salad
Roasted Beet Salad with Watercress, Frisée, Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans, and Orange-Honey Vinaigrette
~Domaine Chandon Pinot Meunier, Carneros~

Entrée
Choose one
Maine Lobster Frittata, Potato Crust, Chorizo, Asparagus, and Brie
Steak and Eggs with Crabmeat, Grilled Asparagus, and Béarnaise Sauce
~Domaine Chandon Pinot Noir, Carneros~

Dessert
Almond Crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce
~Domaine Chandon Etoile Rose, Napa and Sonoma~

Tables in Wonderland Special Event
Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Passport to a World of Flavors Sneak Preview
Wonders Retreat at Epcot®
Saturday July 16, 2011 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Price: $99.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

With the 16th annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival just around the corner, we would like to invite Tables in Wonderland members only to a “sneak preview” of this year’s Festival!

Be the first to sample the food and hear speakers talk about the new and exciting things we have in store for you this year! Learn what new marketplace kiosks will be added this year, as well as new special events. You will find out all of the information before it goes live on the website, and before reservations open to begin booking the events. Be the first to be “in the know” as we celebrate a Passport to a World of Flavors!

Buffet Reception
Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
Swedish Meatballs with Lingon Berries
Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry - Citrus Glaze

Plated Dinner
Appetizer
Seared Sea Scallop with Kumara-Red Curry Puree and Apple Radish Salad

Entrée
Ropa Vieja (Braised Beef) with White Rice
Jerk spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Salsa
Ocean Spray Craisin Bread with Butter

Dessert Trio
White Chocolate Macadamia Mousse with Dark Chocolate Pearls
Tres Leches Verrine
Pastel de Nata

Beer, Wine, Soda, and Water
Menu – inspired by the International Marketplaces
Anyone considering either of these?

CanadianWDWFan
06-17-2011, 10:18 AM
I would LOVE to go to one of these events, but they never seem to have on when we are down there.

BugeyedMuggy
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
We will be down there on July 10th and the brunch sounds delecious. I'm just wondering if I can eat that much in the heat of the afternoon without feeling bloated. I was looking for something special to do this trip....maybe this is it.

Melanie
06-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Wow, that F&FW preview sounds very tempting. Might have to seriously consider it!

KylesMom
06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow, that F&FW preview sounds very tempting. Might have to seriously consider it!

I agree, Mel - not only would you be able to respond to Pox24's original question, but you could also give a first-hand preview of the F&W Festival along with all of the event release dates! :D

BugeyedMuggy
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Kyle's Mom,
Where did you find this information and how do I make reservations? Thank you.

Melanie
06-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree, Mel - not only would you be able to respond to Pox24's original question, but you could also give a first-hand preview of the F&W Festival along with all of the event release dates! :D

Um, if I'm reading your dates right...you will be there too! Are you going to go?

KylesMom
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Kyle's Mom,
Where did you find this information and how do I make reservations? Thank you.
I'm on the Tables in Wonderland e-mail list so they send me events as they release them. Here's the fine print I previously omitted for the Narcoosee's Brunch:
For reservations, e-mail [email protected] with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 50 Guests. This event is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members. I would also be prepared to give my TiW membership number if you're trying to reserve.

Melanie, as much as I would love to attend the F&W preview, at a glance I can tell you that this wouldn't be DS & DH's "cup of tea", especially at $99 each. Also, this is the day we have Via Napoli ADRs . . .

Just a heads up that the F&W preview is limited to 80 TiW members - I bet the reservations will go quick! I think you should go for it! :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
06-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks again, Kylesmom.
Do you know where I can sign up for the Emails?

Enjoy your 20th Anniversary celebration!

KylesMom
06-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks again, Kylesmom.

Enjoy your 20th Anniversary celebration!

Honestly, we've been TiW members for so long (since they opened it up for A/P Holders), I'm not exactly sure how we started getting them, but I know that if you have a profile on Disney's website you can enter both A/P information and TiW member information. I'd suggest e-mailing the address above - obviously it's a live account which is checked & they'd be able to direct you on how to get on the e-mail list.

Thanks - we are really excited to get our celebration started! :marg:

SallyP
06-19-2011, 09:27 AM

If you are a TIW member, and they do check the expiration date of your membership, you can email them at [email protected] to get on their event mailing list, just as KylesMom suggested.

We attended last year's F&WF Sneak Peak. It was informative and fun. Basically, Mary Ann Hunnel, the event manager, spoke to the group about what was new and what direction they would like to take with the Food & Wine Festival. We dined on all the new kiosk items, spoke with chefs, tasted new cocktails. It was a fun, casual evening.

Probably won't be doing it this year but we did enjoy it last year.

SallyP
06-19-2011, 09:35 AM
We have been cardholders for Tables in Wonderland for awhile, but have never attended any special events. They all seem very pricy. I'm interested to hear cooments from those who've gone to some of these gatherings. Are they worth it?

We have attended some but not too many of the recent ones. They are pricey but as with anything Disney, that's just the way it is. You pay for the ambiance of a Disney setting. Are they worth it? necessitates a very subjective answer.

BugeyedMuggy
07-10-2011, 07:00 PM
We went to the TIW event at Narcoossee's today for their brunch. All I can say is WOW!!! We had a wonderful time. The food was amazing and the champange and wine pairings were wonderfully done. I am so happy we were able to attend this event. We heard they are few and far between but if you have a chance to do one I would highly recommend them. I do hope they schedule more of these in the future.