PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Day Break

xo0ally
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
It seems to me that my family and I are the only ones who don't take a mid-day break. We are in the parks by 9 or 10 and just do whatever. Granted were all over the age 18 so I guess none of us need a mid-day nap, but I was wondering if any one else just stays in the parks all day doing whatever you want.

moe513
06-16-2011, 01:56 PM
we like to break. we like to go back to the hotel and shower before heading out to our ts dinner. i also nap and kids go to the pool with dh

CajunDisneyDad
06-16-2011, 02:12 PM
DW will tell you, I get cranky if I dont have my nap lol. Me and DS will compete to see who can cause the other to have the dreaded Disney Meltdown lol. I guess if it were just DW and I, maybe we could stay at the parks all day... of course I would have to train like I was doing the Ironman for like a year prior :sick:

KylesMom
06-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Perhaps if it was cooler, we may do an all-day park thing. In fact, we used to. However, we tour during the hot summertime hours and a break at our resort for pool time & libations is the only way we make it back to the parks in the evening! Besides, we really enjoy hanging at our resort, which I suppose adds incentive to take a few hours away. I'm sure there are many, however, who actually prefer the full park day versus the break. :mickey:

disneymom15
06-16-2011, 02:52 PM
We do both. Depends on the heat and our agenda. Some trips we plan on mid day breaks and end up staying at the parks all day long. Really just depends on how we feel.

luvdiznee
06-16-2011, 05:35 PM
We have done mid day breaks, and have enjoyed them too much. A couple of times they have made us too lazy to go back. But when we did get back, we were very refreshed.

DisneyMom12
06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
We never take breaks. The kids nap in the stroller when they are tired. I nap with them at home, but I seem to get by just fine at Disney without one. :D

frozman
06-16-2011, 07:23 PM
It depends, in the super ultra mega busy season, YES, I do like a midday break. Usually before going back to the hotel I try to find an e-ticket attraction with a fast pass return window around the time I plan to come back.

Now, in the quiet season, usually not.

PETE FROM NYC
06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
DW and I have never taken a mid-day break. If we are not having breakfast in the park du jour, we are there right after breakfast, and stay til closing.

kemps@wdw
06-17-2011, 12:06 AM
we're die-hard park hoppers and always take a mid-day break between hops. Sometime we swim, sometimes I nap, sometimes I do laundry. DD usually is checkin her electronic media, and DH just relaxes, maybe with an adult beverage. Quick shower and off to our chosen evening adventures. Makes our day much more enjoyable and as we can revisit any park on any day at any time, we don't miss anything and don't have to rush to do it.

Dsnygirl
06-17-2011, 12:13 AM
We always have just stayed at the parks all day... we were never ones to go back and swim, although we did do it once or twice last trip just b/c we were staying at AKL for the first time, and really wanted to check out the pool. ;)

However, we've also always gone when the temperatures are more moderate... May, October, December, January. (Well, Oct '09, the trip we went back & swam at AKL, it was HOT... so that probably contributed to our desire to go back, as well... :blush:)

Our next trip, we're going in August, and we plan on being "break people" just about every day. :sun: I think it'll be necessary, just to stay comfortable and hydrated, to get out of the sun... although we've also said that if we're doing okay, we just might stay in the parks and do indoor rides/movies/shows & lunch if we're up to it, as well.

So -- I guess we're turning into a mix of both -- whatever works at the moment, right?? :)

phillydan
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Our kids are older now, but we never took breaks outside of the park. We are always there in August, so we planned to lie low around mid-day by doing inside activities. Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Ellen's Energy, etc are all good things to do to get out of the heat, relax in the A/C, and possibly have a quick snooze.:secret:

TheVBs
06-17-2011, 01:17 PM
When the girls were little we always took a mid-day break for naps and/or swimming. Then we would park hop, usually to Epcot for a TS dinner. Our last trip everyone did just fine without breaks though. We made sure to find cool spots to sit, get cool things to eat and drink, etc. Although we usually go in either May or Sept., so it's not usually too bad. This year the DDs will be 7 & 11 for the trip, we're planning full days with no mid-day breaks and feel like we can skip on the park hopping, especially since we've also decided that a TS every day is just not for us.

Snow's Mom
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
I had a similar post last week. We tried to take midday breaks, but ended up staying until around 4:00 and calling it a day, usually. Too much extra walking to get back to the bus and hotel.