PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who loves Energy?

Dulcee
06-16-2011, 10:56 AM
I've noticed some bashing on here on the Universe of Energy... I can't be the only one who really enjoys it, can I? :blush:

When I dragged my fiance on it the first time he couldn't understand my enjoyment

Come on, who else giggles over Ellen? And I've had a soft spot for Bill Nye since I was a kid (and for the sake of full disclure, I'm working on a science phd now)... and my nephews love the dinos.

Anyone else out there still enjoy this ride?

EJS-Houston
06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I've noticed some bashing on here on the Universe of Energy... I can't be the only one who really enjoys it, can I? :blush:

When I dragged my fiance on it the first time he couldn't understand my enjoyment

Come on, who else giggles over Ellen? And I've had a soft spot for Bill Nye since I was a kid (and for the sake of full disclure, I'm working on a science phd now)... and my nephews love the dinos.

Anyone else out there still enjoy this ride?

By no means are you the only one! I loved it as a kid...but I love it even more now with Ellen, Bill Nye, and Jamie Lee Curtis' brilliant turn as the smarmy Judy. LOVE it! Never miss it when I visit EPCOT.

lettripp
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I enjoy it :mickey:

See, totally not alone!

DNS
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
I think it's great! I always get smiles from Ellen. I've been fan of hers for many, many years. And I even love the dinos. The ride is so relaxing. Especially on those hot Florida days.

DisneyDINK
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
I certainly like it over the original. The comedy element/Ellen really helped it. Also, I really like Ellen, but she ain't everyones cup of tea. There are lots of good jokes, I think the script is well written, I love the radio announcements, Bill Nye is a nice touch, etc...

but, like many of the attractions I've pretty much memorized all of the lines. Once you've done that you're left with some dinosaurs that are not quite as good as the ride "Dionsaur!" at AK and a bit better that the primeval diorama from the world's fair in 1964/the DL railroad.

I ride it once each trip, but the last trip I did it twice since it broke down and I had to exit around the back. Also, this is a LONG ride, like 45 minutes, it is slow moving and the technology is dated. We're also to the point where some of the statistics in the dialogue could use an update.

I like that it is some education along with the entertainment, but it might be the time for it to go the way of the dinosaur.

dnickels
06-16-2011, 11:25 AM
I still love it (loved dinosaurs as a kid so that's probably what got me hooked).

Ideally though I'd rather go back to the original show/narration. I just found a link for the original without Ellen or Bill Nye and hearing that really emphasizes how watered-down the current narration is. It wasn't exactly PhD level explanations before, but it was more than celebrities and "Dinosaurs are just cool."

darthmacho
06-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I liked the ride, but not the pre-show. I like Ellen, but I don't like her role here. To me it's an unnecessary celebrity interjection. What's next? Oprah's Spaceship Earth? :D

DisneyGirl85
06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I love it....the only negative I have is how long the ride it is.

What's next? Oprah's Spaceship Earth? :D

I sure hope not...I would boycott the ride!

PlutoPlanet
06-16-2011, 12:39 PM
You are not the only one to enjoy Ellen. In our family of 3 we have 1 Ellen fan.

c&d
06-16-2011, 12:41 PM
We've always enjoyed it. We tend to do ride it either before or after test track.

JasonH
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
:here: Not the only one for sure! I love this ride. Where else can you get humor, a little bit of learning, some Bill Nye and Alex Trebek all rolled into one very relaxing 45 min. attraction in air conditioning while others suffer out in the Florida sun/heat? Oh wait....right here at Ellen's Energy Adventure!! :thumbsup:

johnO
06-16-2011, 01:03 PM
We love UoE

Silver_Surfer
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL, I went there for a resting spot but found myself blown away once the seats started to move!

MagicalGuest
06-16-2011, 01:43 PM
My family loves it. It's a nice, air conditioned midday break. And it's great when one of those Florida storms rolls in. 45 minutes is just enough time for the rain to stop!

vicster
06-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I still do it every year - love Ellen!!!!!!!!

flipadeeflop
06-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Ellen is one of my role models and someone who can make me laugh all day:laughing:, so naturally I LOVE this ride!!!! I'm sure I would like it without her, too, but I'd rather not think about it without her!!!

AllDisney
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
We LOVE it:thumbsup:

Cara121078
06-16-2011, 04:51 PM
I love it too!

Cara

MrPeetrie
06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
You're definitely not alone. We love it, too.

"Who needs stupid Judy and her stupid energy anyway?"

Mogie
06-16-2011, 06:31 PM
I like it, but probably because I get nostalgic over the same dinosaurs being there for over 20 years and remember seeing them when I was 5 years old. Besides that...the ride is incredibly ancient and has a lot of wear and tear.

exvagirl
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
LOVE IT!!! :thumbsup: always a must do for our family...actually, just to share a giggle with everyone, I was watching Jeopardy (the real version, ha!) with my mom the other night, and one woman on it was named Judy...when they introduced her in the beginning of the episode, my mom and I both looked at eachother and said STUPID JUDY!! :D but yes, you aren't the only one!!!

Tink#64
06-16-2011, 11:50 PM
My fam of 4 likes this attraction alot! We do it at the end of the day before SSE on our way out! Never miss this fun, A/C'd break! :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
06-17-2011, 12:12 AM
another vote for Ellen! :hi:

andreallybadeggs
06-17-2011, 09:34 AM
To each his own...
Our family likes it:
a) Love both Ellen and Bill Nye
b) Mom (me) named Judy
So yeah, we have fun there.
Just don't get us started on Stitch. :mad:

TheVBs
06-17-2011, 02:05 PM
We enjoy it! :mickey:

DisneyMom12
06-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Not a fan of this, but the dinosaurs are cool. I was planning on doing it this time around b/c my DS loves dinos, but now I'm not to sure. My DS has SPD, and I'm not sure he could handle the beginning to get to the dinos. Does anyone know how long the beginning is?

SandmanGStefani24
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
well ellen isn't my favorite part of it, but I am a sucker for dark rides. Plus, I love Bill Nye so this one is a no brainer.

Besides, it's great story, a nice relaxing time, and educational. I pretty much love every ride at Epcot.

Sylvia
06-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Count me in as another fan!! :thumbsup:

Narawen
06-18-2011, 10:50 AM
It's not a must-do for me (mainly because of the amount of time it takes up), but I enjoy it. I loved Bill Nye as a kid and love Ellen. If I went during warmer months, I'd go just to have 45 mins of AC!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I like it, although it is a bit long

TinkerbellFan16
06-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I love this ride. Ellen is one of my favorite comedians. :number1:She is a classy lady who manages to always get a laugh without resorting to immature, sexist, racist, or any other rude jokes or gags like most "comedians" these days. The dinos are kind of pathetic by the new audio animatronic standards, but I still like the ride. And it is a nice calm, cool, relaxing ride to relax in while running around Central Florida. I will admit, I haeve resorted to taking a nap a time or two on this ride, :secret: but it was not because it was boring, it was simply because it was dark and cool. That, and usually we would have gotten up early for EMH.:mickey:

DVC2004
06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I like the ride, I didn't mind the Ellen thing but after 2-3 trips per year for the last 10 years, I'm ready for an update!

Fastpasssteve
06-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I do like it. I like Ellen, the cool smoothness of the ride, the fact I'm not on my feet, and I think dinosaurs are cool. If I had little kids, I would like it for the extended nap value.

Daisy'sMom
06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
We love it and never miss it. If we did, it would seem like we were not at Epcot:mickey:

Kairi_7378
06-18-2011, 04:51 PM
We like it. (DH felt really guity for falling asleep on it during our first trip together but I had run him ragged that day and we were HOT.)

tiggerbuddy
06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Anyone who doesn't like it is a "Stupid Judy":mickey:

crltkcagle
06-18-2011, 08:37 PM
:haha:YES!!! I'm just kidding. I am one of those that hates this ride but like I always say Disney has a little something for each of us. My kids enjoy this ride too. If I am drug on it I always fall asleep so its a nice little nap for me!

Pop Centurion
06-19-2011, 11:12 AM
We like it but after riding it a few times it's just too long.
But I would hate to see it ever go. It's one of the few rides that keeps with the Epcot theme.