PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for young man with TBI

GA girl
06-15-2011, 04:58 PM
About 1 month ago 3 of my oldest daughter’s friends were in an automobile accident. The girl that was driving turned in front of a van that T-boned her car. The 2 front seat passengers had serious injuries, but they have both been released from the hospital. One has a cracked sternum and a broken bone in her neck. The other had several broken ribs and broken neck, a broken shoulder and collapsed lung. They will both recover.
The backseat passenger is still in the hospital. He has a DAI injury and has still not woken up yet. From what I have read up on this type of injury is that 90% of the time they never regained consciousness. He is only 17 years old and just about to start his senior year of high school this fall. Please pray that this young man makes a full recovery.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this type of injury? They said that he did not actually hit his head on anything, but the injury was from his brain hitting the skull. Like a shaken baby injury.
My daughter just lost her best friend in an automobile accident 8 weeks ago. She is getting better with that loss, but I don’t know how she would handle losing another friend. Please say a prayer for all of these families.

joanna71985
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
How scary! Sending prayers for everyone

Tinksalot
06-15-2011, 06:32 PM
He's in my thoughts and prayers.

disney obsessed
06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm so sorry. I remember when your daughters friend passed.
You all will be remembered in my prayers.

GA girl
06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
This Friday will be 5 weeks since the accident, they had him in an induced coma for about 4 weeks. I believe he is now off all of the sedation meds and they are taking him off of the vent and letting him breathe on him on most of the time.
Also, the family has no medical insurance.

CajunDisneyDad
06-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Your family is in our prayers...Please keep us posted

Pop Centurion
06-17-2011, 02:13 PM
That's such a shame for anyone but even more so for some one so young with a full life ahead of them.
My thoughts go out to all his family & friends.

It's sad seeing so many teens in bad accidents so early once they get their license. I think stricter driving test would help this. I don't know about GA but here in southern New Jersey (at least at the Deptford facility) the driving test is a joke! All you have to do is parallel park, make a right out of the lot, drive about a quarter mile on a minimal traffic road, turn in a side street, make a k turn, then go back.
They should really have more "real world" driving conditions or possibly a mandatory 1 week driving coarse. These kids lives are worth it.

GA girl
06-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the prayers.
The last update I had on him is he is still unconscious but stable. He is breathing on his own, but has a lung infection.
They really do need tougher driving test. They will pass you here even if you don't pass the parrallel parking.
I do feel bad for the driver and the young man who hit them. There was nothing he could do to avoid it. I am not sure how long that she has had her license, but she is only 16, so it is less than a year.
Young people and some adults just do not take driving as serious as they should. You never know when a fun night out to dinner with friends could end your life just because you were not paying attention.
It scares me every time my daughter leave the house.

Tinkerfreak
06-18-2011, 06:51 AM
My DD's friend just had an accident on her way to school yesterday. She was on her way to pick up one of their friends and she pulled out of her driveway in front of an oncoming car. She and her little brother are ok but they were really lucky. Here in Maine the drivers test is pretty good and they don't just pass you easily. Once they have their license they are not allowed to have anyone other than immediate family in the car for 6 months. I don't think that is long enough. My daughter is not allowed to ride with any other teenagers even if the law says she can I don't allow it. She just got her license a month ago and she knows that at 6 months she I will still not allow her to drive any of her friends around. Is is more convenient for them to ride together sometimes yes but they are just to young and inexperienced and I am not willing to take that chance.

divinedi
06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Ontario, Canada, you need to have a beginners (G1) licence (available when you turn 16) for min. one year, unless you take a drivers ed course, then it's 8 months, and this requires an experienced driver (licensed for at least 4 years) in the front passenger seat. Then you take a strict road test to get a G2 (driving without supervision), min. one year too before you can take the road test for your G, which is a regular license. Up to age 19, only one other person under 19 in the car between midnight-5 am, for me that should be all the time! 0% alcohol level until you get your G. The government claims this has decreased teen accidents considerably!

Our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for your friend.

GA girl
08-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Please say a prayer for this family. This young boy passed away today.
Also say a prayer for the girl who was driving. She is a mess right now. Although it was an accident, she was the at fault driver. I think that she believed he would eventually wake up and be fine.
He was a beautiful 17 year old boy whose life was taken way too soon. Hug your babies.

LittleRoosMommy
08-31-2011, 06:43 AM
How sad! His family is in my thoughts and prayers!!

minnie04
08-31-2011, 08:40 AM
:( I was just reading your above post and noticed the date you started it. I was going to comment, (by sending late prayers for a speedy recovery) thinking he would be ok by now. That was until i got to the end ... I feel so sad for everyone involved. My prayers are with the family... too sad, too young!! :crying:

laprana
08-31-2011, 11:03 AM
This is just so sad for everyone involved. So many lives were changed drastically by this one accident. I'm keeping all of you in my prayers and thoughts, and sending lots of :pixie::pixie: as everyone tries to pick up the pieces. I hope your daughter is doing OK. :hug:

disney obsessed
08-31-2011, 04:08 PM
I am so sorry.

joanna71985
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Oh how sad! I am so sorry to hear that :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-09-2011, 09:50 AM
So very sorry, prayers sent