PDA

View Full Version : What are some things you've noticed on attractions that you didn't before?

AmandaChan
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
We just returned from our 5th trip to DW. Carousel of Progress is one of my DH's favorite attractions... and while on it I noticed a few things I didn't before. I love going to the World and finding a bunch of things I never noticed.

- the white cat in the 1st part (the valentine's scene) next to the boy.
- the fireflies behind the mother on the porch during the 4th of july scene
- DH never noticed the mickey nutcracker until this year.

I love finding things and thinking 'is that new' ?

what are some things you noticed on your last trip that you never noticed before?

dinahvixen
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
I noticed the family on Spaceship Earth that is watching the Moon landing footage has a mousetrap game set up behind the couch.

ryca1dreams
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Odd that I never noticed this (as much as I love the Disney music) but I never noticed the creepy version of "Here comes the bride" in Haunted Mansion until my last trip a few years ago.

I always used to discover new things in Tower of Terror - it is filled with incredible details.

dizneydeb22
06-15-2011, 02:14 PM
During our last trip I noticed that Ariel was one of the mermaids in the Peter Pan ride!

darthmacho
06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Great thread!
Last year, in AK, I saw this big mountain that I never noticed before, and there was growling and screaming coming from it! ;)

Kidding aside, there were a LOT of things that I saw on my last trip that seemed like I was seeing it for the first time. One of my favorites was one my DD pointed out, Mickey shaped lures on the fishing poles in Splash Mountain. :mickey:

AmandaChan
06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Kidding aside, there were a LOT of things that I saw on my last trip that seemed like I was seeing it for the first time. One of my favorites was one my DD pointed out, Mickey shaped lures on the fishing poles in Splash Mountain. :mickey:

I guess that counts as a hidden mickey! I also noticed a mickey on the girl's belt buckle on the people mover when you enter space mountain I think... That was the first time we have ever rode it,actually.

Friend of Figment
06-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Last week on Jungle Cruise, the guide asked if we had all seen the movie "Jungle Book". Then she pointed out a book by one of the camps and said now everyone had seen the "jungle book".

flipadeeflop
06-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Last week on Jungle Cruise, the guide asked if we had all seen the movie "Jungle Book". Then she pointed out a book by one of the camps and said now everyone had seen the "jungle book".

hahahaaha that's amazing!

I hadn't noticed the bats on Thunder Mountain until at least my 3rd time riding it! :bat:Not sure why! Maybe I was distracted during that part, maybe even closing my eyes. Regardless, I was quite shocked when I saw them!!!! Maybe not the answer you were looking for, not a WDW secret or anything, but I just thought it was funny! Seriously, how do you NOT see them!?

ransam
06-16-2011, 10:15 AM
i went on Soarin' last year and the lady next to me pointed out all kinds of stuff i had never noticed...i can't remember them all, but two of them i do remember.....
on the golf ball that is coming strait at you, there's a mickey head on it...that was kind of cool...
when you are watching the skiing over the mountain, right at the top one of the skieres, completely wipes out.....

AmandaChan
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM

Yeah that sounds familiar.. will have to keep an eye out for it next time.

BWayGrl
06-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I always used to discover new things in Tower of Terror - it is filled with incredible details.

I totally agree. One time I was the only one in line (which was creepy to begin with - it was right after a huge storm and I guess everyone else was still "hiding out"), so a cast member pulled me aside and showed me a little bulletin board right before you get on the elevator. It was one of those boards with press-on letters, enclosed in glass. At the bottom of the glass, it looked like some letters had fallen off the board, and they spelled out EVIL TOWER UR DOOMED :thedolls:

AmandaChan
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
At the bottom of the glass, it looked like some letters had fallen off the board, and they spelled out EVIL TOWER UR DOOMED :thedolls:

I thought I read somewhere on here that they got rid of that after 9/11?? Or was it something else?

A Big Kid
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I thought I read somewhere on here that they got rid of that after 9/11?? Or was it something else?

The last time several times I have checked, it was removed.

DisneyGirl85
06-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I have been on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad too many times to count....when we were there this past December I read to go on it at night to see the "wildest party in the wilderness" which is a party happening on the second floor window of the saloon that you can only see at night....pretty cool! We are doing it again in 10 days!

Ramblingman
06-16-2011, 12:52 PM

In the waiting line for the Backlot Studio tour, after the submarine shot, you go through a building with lots of props. In one of the cages, there is an old copy of Jungle Book. It's just before you get to the Binford souped-up riding lawnmower from Home Improvement.

Joannelet
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
I mentioned this in my recent trip reports but on Potc I just noticed the bottles of rum floating in the water! They are in the water by the scene with the pirate drinking surrounded by pigs. I have been riding this for many many years and just noticed it!

Cjsmom1811
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I mentioned this in my recent trip reports but on Potc I just noticed the bottles of rum floating in the water! They are in the water by the scene with the pirate drinking surrounded by pigs. I have been riding this for many many years and just noticed it!

Wow ill remember to look for that! Never seen that! My favorite thing to look at on POTC is the pirate sitting on the bridge you go under, he's got some very hairy legs! Haha. Unbelieveable details!

brivers222
06-17-2011, 07:01 AM
This is more of a funny story than a "hidden" finding but here i go....

My fiancee is terrified of rollercoasters and drops but i was able to convince her to go on the "wildest ride in the west" because there isn't really any hills and when there is some, you brake down most of it if in the front half. It was during MNSSHP... Anyways we were at the very beginning when you first get to the outside air. She looks at me and says, "holy cow disney has so much detail... it looks just like we are outside. You can see the stars, hear birds and even the castle over there!!" I was like, um yeah thats because we ARE outside lol.... She got space mountain and thundermountain confused... we had a good laugh the rest of ride :)

A Big Kid
06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
At POFQ there is a "street" named Rue Dabaga (Rutabaga, get it?)

At the studios in the cue for The Muppets 4D, there is a yellow pipe that sticks out of the wall and makes a 90degree bend toward the ground. Around the pipe, in chalk, there is the outline of Gonzo's face.

AmandaChan
06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
At the studios in the cue for The Muppets 4D, there is a yellow pipe that sticks out of the wall and makes a 90degree bend toward the ground. Around the pipe, in chalk, there is the outline of Gonzo's face.

That reminds me, we didn't notice that there is a subtle picture of the Jim Henson muppet in the middle of the ceiling until a couple years ago. I thought it was a really nice touch.

AmandaChan
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
This is more of a funny story than a "hidden" finding but here i go....

My fiancee is terrified of rollercoasters and drops but i was able to convince her to go on the "wildest ride in the west" because there isn't really any hills and when there is some, you brake down most of it if in the front half. It was during MNSSHP... Anyways we were at the very beginning when you first get to the outside air. She looks at me and says, "holy cow disney has so much detail... it looks just like we are outside. You can see the stars, hear birds and even the castle over there!!" I was like, um yeah thats because we ARE outside lol.... She got space mountain and thundermountain confused... we had a good laugh the rest of ride :)

hah! that's funny.... yeah it's easy to forget how different things look the first time you've seen them. we ate at tortunga one day and then the next day we were at starlight cafe and my MIL (she isn't really crazy) thought that was the same place as the day before... If adults can become so dislocated I can only imagine how bad it can be for kids sometimes

LovinWDW
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
On Soarin, when the golf ball is hit, DONT BLINK. Stare at it and you will see a classic Mickey head on it. Very cool.