PDA

View Full Version : Mexico or Canada

cather74
06-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Just curious....does eveyone have a favorite side to start on when you go around world showcase. What country do you start with and why? :sombrero::marg::cap::beer:

DNS
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
We do not have a favorite side, but we do try to catch the ride in Mexico when it is not as crowded.

Disney4
06-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Honestly, I like the beer better on that side, so I start there!

Molsen, then Bass, then over the bridge for some Moretti, Casa and Optimator! :beer:

Wrigley
06-14-2011, 03:56 PM
We always start at Mexico. No reason why, but we always do!:mickey:

lettripp
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
We start in Mexico... maybe for the same reason we usually start in Adventure land at MK... we must be "clockwise" people lol

Dulcee
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
We always start in Mexico too... can't tell you why, just how we do it lol

darthmacho
06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I prefer to start with my favorite pavilion, Mexico, and I think that side has a slight edge over all. :mickey:

NewDVCowner
06-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Interestingly enough there have been studies that people (Americans?) naturally go to the left when they enter most stores and I imagine that the same idea would apply to Mexico vs. Canada.

Ever since I read that study I try to make a point of going to the right. :secret:

SusieQ
06-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Funnily enough we always head to Mexico first as well :blush: I think it's probably psychological but Mexico feels like less of a walk than turning right to get to Canada - silly really as we always do a full circuit anyway!:mickey:

IloveDisney71
06-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I start in Mexico so I can ride the ride and then get a margarita :marg: to sip on while I wander around.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Canada side . . . . .and NOT because I'm Canadian, although it's not a bad reason! :thumbsup:

It's because it's closer to the France Crepe Cart and the Creme Brulee!! :cloud9:

The sugar, alone, keeps us going around the rest of the World! :D

mousejunkie
06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
During the Christmas season, I start at Canada because Santa is waiting on the stairs there! Any other time of the year, I start in Mexico.

greengeen
06-14-2011, 06:43 PM
France! We never enter the World Showcase from the "front", we always go in through the International Gateway and head (right) toward France.

Christine
06-14-2011, 07:03 PM
We straight. To the boat to Germany. For the Werthers CARAMEL store!!!

bcornette
06-14-2011, 07:40 PM
if we are there around the time it opens we start on the Canadian side so we can have fish and chips for lunch. If it is in the evening we go to mexico for the ride and margaritas

DVC2004
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Mexico. No particular reason. Just how I like it.

Now on the topic of Tommorowland or Adventureland- Adventureland. Why would I start in the future? It's just wrong,lol.

steamboat willy
06-14-2011, 08:02 PM
:beer: Well now I'm REALLY confused. I like Dos Equis XX and Molsen both! :beer: Where should I start?

chefmickey3
06-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Mexico. We like the ride. As a matter of fact, for the last few years with small children we had not made it past America for one reason or another. Last summer we made it all the way around! Felt like an accomplishment.

DisneyMom12
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
We always start in Mexico. A few times we changed to Canada, but I prefer Mexico.

Pop Centurion
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Majority of the time we start in Mexico. Could be a subliminal thing since La Cava Del Tequila seems to call out to me. :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
We seem to be with the crowd - we start in Mexico, and end in the UK for dinner at Rose & Crown.

Of couse, we have to spend a little time "back home" in Canada, but since we've travelled over a thousand kilometers to get to Florida, I don't need to rush to Canada ;)

buzznwoodysmom
06-14-2011, 11:10 PM
We start in Mexico too. I think because we tend to start our day at Soarin, do that side of FW, then we do the other side of FW, so Mexico seems closer when we are on that side of the park heading to the back.

Tink#64
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
We usually start with Mexico! I think we've only toured the WS counter clockwise once! But my reasoning is that we do Epcot in 2 days, with the first day being FW & the 2nd day we sleepin, hang at the resort pool & arive in the afternoon to tour the WS. We start with Mexico, tour the WS & we end up around Canada, which is our favorite viewing area for RoE! So it just makes sense for us. :thumbsup:

RAIDER
06-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Mexico side for me and it has nothing to do with heading towards those lovely frozen margaritas .....No honest it doesnt :D:marg:

Fastpasssteve
06-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Always go left to Mexico first. I love margaritas and my friends like the lovely waitresses at the San Angel Inn.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Normally, we start in Canada. We veered from our norm last time and started with Mexico but I like starting with Canada better. I'm really surprised to see we're in the minority.:blush:

Disney-4-Me
06-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I've never really thought about this but we always go clockwise. Pretty funny, it seems like most people do the same.:D

Disney4
06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
:beer: Well now I'm REALLY confused. I like Dos Equis XX and Molsen both! :beer: Where should I start?

It doesn't get easier for your next two choices either - Safari Amber (left) or Bass (right)!

Carlsberg or 1664 - both mediocre IMO

The next choice is why you should start in Tsing Tao or Casa - Casa all they way!

AmandaChan
06-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Mexico! I was thinking the other day that I like to start from Mexico... you can get a margarita and it's a fun beginning.. and pretty much the left sided countries are my favorite.. although morocco and Japan are great.

dizneydeb22
06-15-2011, 02:12 PM
We always start in Mexico also. Like everyone else, there's no rhyme or reason, it's just the way we go. It's tradition now, so we probably won't change it... besides the best way to start off drinking around the world is with a nice icy marguerita!!!!:marg:

CanadianWDWFan
06-15-2011, 02:47 PM
We straight. To the boat to Germany. For the Werthers CARAMEL store!!!
:rotfl:

I think that since I am right handed I tend to go to the right. Plus the beer is definitely better going counter clockwise areound the World Showcase. But I do miss my Moosehead. It was better when they served it in Canada

UCJen
06-15-2011, 03:59 PM
We go to the right. I think this has to do with my husband being from England and making a beeline for his fish & chip/lager fix. ;):beer:

Red Randal
06-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I just posted a poll asking the same thing! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=182423)

Amazingly at last glance it was 50/50.

For the record, I start in Mexico so I can end my night at Rose & Crown! :beer:

PlutoToo
06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
We go to Canada. Moosehead Light awaits my husband.

xo0ally
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
We don't have a favorite side but for some reason my family and I always start from Canada and work our way around.

CanadianWDWFan
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
We go to Canada. Moosehead Light awaits my husband.
Is Moosehead back? I can only hope!

Last year there was only Blue :sick::ack:

Figment104
06-16-2011, 12:27 PM
For us it depends. Do we want a drink from Mexico or France and then do we want to walk or go on a couple of rides. I think the fact that if you start at Mexico you can hit up the two rides in WS really fast might also be why we lean a bit more to the Mexico side. But since we've discovered the amazing drinks in France, it's turining into a toss up for us lol! :marg:

Ramblingman
06-16-2011, 12:47 PM
We have not hit all the countries in awhile, so we would usually start on the right because we never miss the Rose & Crown.

This latest trip that we finished a couple of weeks ago, we wanted to make sure we hit all the countries. We started in Mexico and finished with UK and Canada before slipping over to the Coral Reef for our reservation.

So I guess if we are planning on hitting every country, we would start in Mexico. Otherwise, Canada.

MrPeetrie
06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I start in Mexico so I can ride the ride and then get a margarita :marg: to sip on while I wander around.

That is an EXCELLENT way to start the World Showcase crawl. But, ironically, we start at Canada quite often as my daughter loves Off Kilter. Go figure.

Melanie
06-16-2011, 07:56 PM
But I do miss my Moosehead. It was better when they served it in Canada

What are you saying Brian?

CanadianWDWFan
06-16-2011, 08:26 PM
What are you saying Brian?
That I bring my own supply of Moosehead down to WDW since I couldn't find it at Epcot.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
That I bring my own supply of Moosehead down to WDW since I couldn't find it at Epcot.

and there is NOTHING wrong with that!!!

We bring beer from home when we head down to NASCAR ;)

Melanie
06-16-2011, 08:33 PM

That's weird! Is it only available during Food & Wine Festival, because I know I had it then. :confused: Great memory of the night of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon party and the guy at the Canada kiosk would yell "EH....MOOSEHEAD" every time someone ordered one.

Melanie
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
We bring beer from home when we head down to NASCAR ;)

You're not a Budweiser girl Heather? ;)

:ack:

We always go 'right' as well. That is, when we don't enter from International Gateway, and if we do, we go left directly into Rose & Crown. :beer:

kemps@wdw
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't know why, but for some reason we gravitate to Canada 1st and work our way around to Mexico. We spend a little more time in Canada if we catch Off Kilter and in the UK to listen to the British Invasion (soon to be the British Airwaves). Always see the American Adventure, and Maelstrom and school bread in Norway. And since we go during Food and Wine Fest each time, we can just "eat and drink our way around the World". :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Dsnygirl
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Funny... never thought about it, but we always start at Mexico, and that seems to be the majority of us! No particular reason why... I guess we just like ending in Canada, for some reason. Now, if we're coming from the BC or BW, we usually do the opposite and head for France and go around that way... a few times we've gone towards England first, and honestly, I find that downslope walkway into England just beautiful and one of my favorite parts of the walk around the countries... but for whatever reason, maybe just for the Grand Marnier slushies, we usually head for France. ;)

Dsnygirl
06-17-2011, 12:18 AM

Hmmm... our pool visits ought to be fun... we're bringing Corona. :D

SandmanGStefani24
06-17-2011, 07:23 PM
for no reason known to me, lol, it's always been Canada.

Couldn't imagine going backwards hehe!
:D

mdricks
06-20-2011, 11:32 AM
it is far easier to start in the tequilla cave and end with a molsens than the other way around.
:thumbsup:

And the timing is perfect to slip into the rose and crown at the hotest part of the day.
:number1:

figmagination
06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
My family usually starts on the Mexico side and end up on the UK/Canada side for Illuminations. We generally get a snack around there. I prefer the Canada side much more than the Mexico side.

spoiledraf
06-21-2011, 10:29 AM
From the International Gateway to the Rose and Crown. Don't think we ever went right to France. But then we ususally are headed to the attractions near the front and thats the shortest walk.

syndrome
06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Mexico....my DS and I love to hit Mexico and then Norway and work our way around. But at MK we always start in Tomorrowland....we like to go against the grain sometimes!

DisneyorBust
06-21-2011, 05:10 PM
No idea why, but we always start our World Showcase tour in Mexico.:confused:
Either way you enter, it's a great place to tour.

steamboat willy
06-21-2011, 05:45 PM

It doesn't get easier for your next two choices either - Safari Amber (left) or Bass (right)!

You are correct! :beer: Guess it will be MEXICO, then Safari Amber......left to right.
Adventure Land then Frontier Land......left to right.
Do you think Guston's Pub will serve beer?

TinkerbellFan16
06-21-2011, 06:35 PM
It all depends. If we enter into the park from the front, we go to Mexico first (we are usually there for Food and Wine, and I always want Argentina and Mexico first) but if we enter from the Boardwalk, we start at Canada