PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training

mludman
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Will be at disney end of august, how can i get my kids to be part of the jedi training

joanna71985
06-14-2011, 01:21 PM
The biggest tip is to make sure to be at DHS for park opening (as Jedi can fill up pretty quickly). You will head back to Star Tours, and they normally do sign ups there. They give you a card with the show time on it, and you arrive back at Star Tours 30 minutes before the show.

BigThunderFan
06-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Send a person from your party to get FP for TSMM at the same time or you won't be happy...

RBrooksC
06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
The sign-up is usually right around Sounds Dangerous. And yes, I have heard spots fill up in about 15 min. My son did it and had a great time.

joanna71985
06-18-2011, 08:03 PM
That depends on the time of year, but normally sign-ups take place by Star Tours

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-18-2011, 11:30 PM
When we were there 2 weeks ago, the sign up was by Sounds Dangerous, they had the kids meet back there and then walked them over to Star Tours. And it did book really quickly. I read a trip report on another site that said the kids had to be with you to sign up. Don't know how true that is but I'd have them there just in case. It might have been because she was signing up more than one kid?

joanna71985
06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
That is correct. The kids have to be there in order to be signed up for JTA

squad51
06-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Just got back from wdw today. Yes you need to go to sounds dangerous to sign up. Get there early. We went there about noon and all spots were gone. HOWEVER, this last Friday they started a new thing for the kids. It is a reenactment of the medal ceremony from episode four. They signed up fifty kids to get medals from princess laya just like luke and hahn did in the original star wars. According to same of the supervisors, (they were not dressed in uniforms), this was the first time they ever did this ceremony. Just to let everyone know, my sons recieved the first 3, Ethan my 7 y/o was the first ever.:thumbsup:

So if you cant get into training ask if they are doing the medal ceremony:yoda:

Fastpasssteve
06-20-2011, 01:05 AM
It's difficult to decide which would be better/cooler. What did the poster above think?

squad51
06-20-2011, 01:36 AM
I thought it was the coolest thing ever. My oldest and middle son recieved their medals and then bowed to the princess. When my youngest, age 3, got his laya got down on one knee to place his around his neck. What was really neat was that my 3 y/o was the rebel spy on star tours earlier that day.

Gaia
10-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Send a person from your party to get FP for TSMM at the same time or you won't be happy...

What is TSMM? Is that Toy Story Mania with an extra M for some reason?

TexasPrincessAurora
10-19-2011, 05:53 PM
You sign up inside where the interactive part at the exit of Sounds Dangerous was. We were lucky that it was a rainy day so it was easy to get in. My DD7 and DD4 were in the same show. It is priceless! So cool! They loved it. You bring them back to the same location about 30 minutes early to get ready for their show. They have a Photopass photographer who takes pics the whole show.

RBrooksC
10-20-2011, 07:39 AM
What I really love about the Jedi Training Academy is the cast members go all out with it. My son fought Darth Maul. That cast member sneered and looked generally mean the whole time. He was "aggressive" when "fighting" and made the kids feel like they were really fighting a Sith.

My son was so proud of himself when he was done.

TexasPrincessAurora
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh yes, Darth Vader was very into it as well. He stalked around the stage, stopped in front of DH and stared him down. DH was wearing a very bright Animal tshirt. Darth just shook his head at him. But yes, all the CM's are really into character. Its a GREAT chance for kids to be part of Star Wars.

Cassieblanca
10-20-2011, 10:23 AM
What is TSMM? Is that Toy Story Mania with an extra M for some reason?

I've heard it referred to as Toy Story Midway Mania.

Mogie
10-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Why? Why? WHY?!! Can't they have Jedi Training for adults too?!

jetsdc
10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Can anyone say if there is an age range for this? And how long does it take overall?

TexasPrincessAurora
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Its from ages 4-12. You register earlier in the day. They give you a show time for your kids to participate. If the show is the 5pm show, for example, you have to report back to check in by 4:30pm. Then the show is maybe 20 minutes long.