PDA

View Full Version : Setting your Countdown Timer

steamboat willy
06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
For those that use the Vacation Countdown Timer, do you set the time to hour/minute you are leaving your home, leaving the airport OR the hour/minute you plan on arriving at WDW?
I'm thinking of changing mine to when we plan on leaving the house which will be 4:00 a.m. with a 10 hour FUN drive ahead with DW and 5 year old GS both asleep I hope! :car:

Ramblingman
06-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I always use the minute we plan on leaving the house. The drive and the trip is part of the vacation, and part of the experience. We talk about Disney, sing Disney songs, and generally get each other worked up during the trip.

MyDisneyworld
06-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I always set mine for when my I leave work to start my vacation because that is when the magic starts for me. Basically that whole day is surfing intercot, weather sites, etc but the real fun is when I walk out that door to start a great trip to wdw. Don't get me wrong I love my job but I like my trips to WDW better.

EJS-Houston
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
It sorta starts for me when I leave the house for the airport...but truthfully, there's always at least a little bit of travel stress even when everything's going well that gets in the way. Really, it's when I board the Magical Express at the Orlando Airport. At that moment I let everything go and finally complete relax and let myself become immersed in the magic.

faline
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I set mine to my scheduled arrival time at Orlando Airport.

DisneyMom12
06-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Mine is for when we leave the house to go.

brownie
06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Counts down to our arrival at Walt Disney World.

Ramblingman
06-15-2011, 03:47 PM
I always set mine for when my I leave work to start my vacation because that is when the magic starts for me. Basically that whole day is surfing intercot, weather sites, etc but the real fun is when I walk out that door to start a great trip to wdw. Don't get me wrong I love my job but I like my trips to WDW better.

Hmmm, there's quite a few days at my work that sounds like that. Today is one, in fact. :mickey:

steamboat willy
06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
I always use the minute we plan on leaving the house. The drive and the trip is part of the vacation, and part of the experience. We talk about Disney, sing Disney songs, and generally get each other worked up during the trip.

I re-set our countdown timer to the minute we plan on leaving the house also. Since we are leaving at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, the singing won't start until DW and our grandson wake up somewhere on I-95 "I Hope".
94 days and counting down! Thanks ! ! ! :thumbsup:

DisneyDoug2
06-20-2011, 10:23 AM
I set mine for when we leave the house!