PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose

wilcat
06-14-2011, 07:47 AM
My DH and I are thinking of taking a trip to the world next September. :thumbsup: My question is which mod or value resort would you choose? We are not really pool people but like to relax and enjoy the scenery. DH does not like to go commando in the parks and wants down time at the resort. I am leaning towards POR but would like to know what everyone else thinks.

paulsheri
06-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I see that you stayed at AS Sport in 2009 and at
AS Music in 2007. was he with you then ? That should be an example of the Value hotels. Relaxing and Chilling out, can be done anywhere, if you put your mind to it, Have Fun, we are also planning a trip to AS Music, in Sept. For ANOTHER anniversary. :number1:

brownie
06-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Although we like the Value resorts, based on what you are looking for I think Port Orleans Riverside would be a good choice. Lots of great landscaping and there's more to do than what you'd find at a Value resort. You're a boat ride away from Downtown Disney, too. If you plan on spending some time at your resort, going with a moderate can be worth the difference in price.

Awesome_guy
06-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I'd recommend not ruling out Swan/Dolphin in your research... it can have some great deals. There's some give/take related to Magical Express, Dining Plans, etc. BUT we decided it had enough of those Disney perks for our last visit and loved it. ...for our visit it ended up being more economical than POR which was the direction we were initially headed.

dizneydeb22
06-14-2011, 09:38 AM
If you go with a moderate resort, I would go with either one of the Port Orleans resorts. You can relax by one of the quiet pools or take a boat ride down to DTD. The grounds are beautiful and ideal for a romantic walk or bike ride. Have fun and good luck with your selection!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-14-2011, 09:41 AM
We love the look of the Port Orleans resorts......

darthmacho
06-14-2011, 04:59 PM
POR had some great scenery, but also consider a water view at Coronado Springs, particularly the Cabanas section! :mickey:

KatrinaJ91
06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Love, love, love POR!!! It is our favorite for many reasons...great location, the boat to DTD is wonderful, the food court is amazing, the pools are great, the atmosphere can't be beat, Bob Jackson in the little bar is so much fun! I could go on...and on! We stayed at CSR this past December and was upset we didn't stay at POR again. CSR was ok, but it didn't compare to POR!

Kairi_7378
06-14-2011, 11:02 PM
We like the theme and location of the PO resorts. (My favorite is FQ, DH's is POR.) A relaxing thing to do when you are staying there is the boat to and from DTD, especially at night. It's nice that with those sister resorts, you are getting 2 for the price of one.

We are staying at CSR this time because we've always wanted to try it out and there have been some great recommendations from the boards.

Disney-4-Me
06-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Port Orleans Riverside is beautiful. When you walk the grounds, you feel a world away from the parks. It's the perfect relaxing getaway.:thumbsup:

tundramom
06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I agree with PO resorts, by the way the "my husband doesn't like to go commando in the parks" has me :blush::rotfl::laughing::funny:

andreallybadeggs
06-18-2011, 10:41 PM
We've stayed at several of the resorts and have positive memories of all of them. I love the deluxes but my DH has me convinced that the mods are the best bang for the buck. We've stayed at all of the mods. Not sure I could choose a favorite but DH wouldn't hesitate if you asked him-- he loves the ambiance and his quiet walks (non commando :blush:) around the Caribbean Beach.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-19-2011, 12:04 AM
POR or POFQ would both be good choices because you can use the facilities of both of them and DTD is so close. But with the Swan & Dolphin you can use the facilities at both also, and you have the Boardwalk, mini golf and two parks right there as well. So it would be really quick to get back to your room for breaks or at park closing. I love both locations.