PDA

View Full Version : Can you skip the HM Stretch Room?

pigsinspace
06-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi! We have a 19 month old who I think would love the HM, with the possible exception of the stretch room. If we ask a CM, will they allow us to skip that part?

Thanks!:mickey:

Dulcee
06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
We use to with my younger sister. It would bring on hysterics. Finally got to the point that my Father would ask a CM in advance if we could be brought past it. 9 times out of 10 it wasn't a problem.

That was quite a few years ago...not sure what the policy is now but I'm sure someone here knows!

Snow's Mom
06-13-2011, 10:17 PM
We were there last week and took the "scenic" route, almost missed the stretching room. We were only in there for about 30 seconds before the door opened and we were directed to our doom buggy. So, maybe you can just wait outside and ask to be ushered in when the doors open.

DisneyFr33k
06-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Great question! We'd love to do that as we hate being pushed around in the big herd as we funnel into the line afterwards. :crowd:

Stu29573
06-14-2011, 10:00 AM
There is a back route. Not sure what the policy is, however...

pigsinspace
06-18-2011, 10:53 PM
In case anyone wants to know...we went Thursday and were not allowed to skip the stretch room. However, the stretch room part seemed to be shorter than I remember. The CM we asked said that there isn't a time when the doors to get in the stretch room are open at the same time as the doors that leave it to get to the doombuggies, so there's no real way to skip it.

AmandaChan
06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I just took my 14 month old and he probably would have rode it had I thought of this before... he liked POTC and Peter Pan... both are dark. He did I, I repeat, did no like The Great Movie Ride. That ride was a LOT louder than I remember.....

RBrooksC
06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
We took my son to the HM the first time when he was 19 months and he LOVED the stretch room. So much, in fact, that he laughed when we saw the body hanged.

My daughter was two during it and she enjoyed the stretch room also. But then again, I don't worry about things like that. Also, my daughter's favorite characters are Mickey Mouse, the Disney Princesses, Darth Vader and Skeletons.

crltkcagle
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I have asked several times to do this because my middle son is only scared of that part too. They have never allowed us to skip it. It never hurts to ask, I always do.

magicalmom
06-21-2011, 09:34 PM
When DD2 was a year old, I took her way over to edge of the stretch room and got a little game going involving her hat and peek-a-boo - this distracted her enough that she wasn't connected to the narration and effects in the room - I held her so she was facing the wall, so she could focus on our game. By the time she was inhaling to react to the black-out, the lights came on again. You have to be quiet enough that other people can focus on the attraction.