PDA

View Full Version : Wally Boag at the Diamond Horseshoe Review

garymacd
06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
I just read on the Disney Blob website, after checking out the new special rooms, that long-time Disney Star Wally Boag of the Diamond Horseshoe Review and his co-star Betty Taylor both died within the last week or two.

I never saw them in person, but I remember seeing their performance on an old Disney show somewhere. Spittinng teeth into the audience was one of the most hilarious things I ever saw.

Anyway, it got my beloved wife and I thinking about Disney Resort television. Wouldn't it be great if they had channel dedicated to showing these classic performances and Disneyland and WDW historical clips on the making of the parks and Walt Disney history? I remember growing up watching the old Mickey Mouse Club reruns and seeing all these specials. I would love to see them again.

What do you think? I wonder how that could be approached to the Disney administration. It would certainly make a change from Stacy.

Imagineer1981
06-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I actually enjoy Stacy, but I wouldn't mind seeing a show, or dvd on the history though

Fastpasssteve
06-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Every other year when I was growing up, we visited Disneyland while in California visiting relatives (Disney was the best part, obviously!) We saw the Diamond Horseshoe Revue each and every time. My family (even my Dad) loved the show. Their performances over the years are part of my favorite memories.

TheRustyScupper
06-15-2011, 03:39 AM
. . . Wouldn't it be great if they had channel dedicated to showing these classic performances and Disneyland and WDW historical clips on the making of the parks and Walt Disney history?

1) I agree !
2) But, I do not think I will see it happen.
3) It doesn't sell or promote things to buy.
4) No profit, no show.