PDA

View Full Version : Picture slide show

Jeri Lynn
06-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone,
I want to make a picture slideshow for my son's graduation party. The pictures I have on my computer which are straight off my camera are the right size...however, I have some pictures that I need to scan from when he was a baby. When I scan them they show up small. I have a feeling when I add them to the slideshow they will only show up on the screen as a thumbnail.

Is there a way I can fix this? I tried to look at my printer/scanner for settings but I didn't find anything that would make a difference.

Thanks for any help.

DizneyRox
06-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I scan everything at 300dpi or greater. That way, if I need to print them they have enough to look good, and I can always "shrink" them to display correctly.

A DVD only has a resolution of 720x480 believe it or not. You computer screen is probably in the 1000+ range. HD is like 1280x720 up to 1920x1080 (for consumer level equipment). So, if you scanned a 5x7 picture at 100dpi it would be 500x700. When displayed on typical monitors at 100% it won't fill the entire screen, which is what you are saying is happening.

Increase your scanner settings...