PDA

View Full Version : Past Narrations...

Bass T-bone
06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I think that Disney has a hangup with using a voice narration in a ride in which the person is no longer with us. (Died)

Even if everybody (most everybody) agrees that the older version was better, they'll replace it if the person has died. (... and it doesn't even have to be recently either.)

Do you think this is true?

The only exception I can think of is Paul Frees over at the Haunted Mansion.

MickeysBestPal
06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Do you think this is true?

The only exception I can think of is Paul Frees over at the Haunted Mansion.

No, I don't think it's true as a general rule.

Carousel of Progress' narrator (who also portrays the father) has passed.
Plus, several of the other characters are no longer with us.

Principle characters (although not necessarily "narrators," per se) of the Tiki Room and Pirates of the Caribbean are not still living.

Jack Wagner of "Please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas." monorail fame is no longer with us.

Zawadi
06-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Walter Cronkite (1916 - 2009) from Spaceship Earth and the "Back to Neverland" film at the start of the "The Magic of Disney Animation" tour.

I believe that part of the rationale behind replacing narrators is to keep attractions current for the younger generations

Buttercup
06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Walter Cronkite was replaced long before he died so I don't think it had anything to do with that one.

JasonH
06-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Although a lot of actors/actresses have died through the years that provided voices for WDW attractions, they still remain as a voice in WDW. However one voice that was never heard from again at WDW once he died was Vincent Price's narration for Sorcery In The Sky at then Disney-MGM Studios. His voice was 1000 times better than the one they had to replace him and I still have yet to find a recording online of that same narration with Price. And being from St. Louis helps a little in liking him as well. ;)

Imagineer1981
06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I am hoping they replace Judy Dench soon :)