PDA

View Full Version : How do you get excited for WDW?

plutosnana
06-11-2011, 07:57 AM
How do you get excited for your WDW vacation? I usually watch videos on youtube of the attractions and listen to the WDW background music. What's your way to get excited?

SBETigg
06-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I just post here quite a lot, and sometimes we watch Disney movies and have Disney dinner nights, with recipes from Disney restaurants for dinner, as we get close to a new trip.

slegrant
06-11-2011, 08:42 AM
We watch the vacation planning DVD and listen to live 365. We are heading to WDW July 1st and this year my wife and three boys all sat at the computer And looked at menus then made all our dining reservations. My three boys also just set up a huge monorail track with 8 monorails:mickey:

Can't wait:mickey:

TheVBs
06-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Just doing the planning gets me excited! We also talk a lot about what we'd all like to do there, and countdown on the calendar. This year our youngest has become convinced that any wish you make in WDW will come true and has been informing us of a new wish nearly every day. :)

marlyn
06-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I hang out here at INTERCOT.:surf: I listen to live365, both at home and when driving as I have mobile App so it plays in my car...and we do a lot of driving!:car:

I also look over menus, talk with kids about where to eat and what to do. We watch the planning DVD and look at pictures from old trips!

And I DREAM....:cloud9:

flipadeeflop
06-11-2011, 09:52 AM
It gets me excited most to plan our trip and see what others are planning! My boyfriend and I have special diets (I am gluten free and we are both vegan) so I get excited searching for those things online in blogs and forums!!! I also have a couple Disney planning books (Birnbaum's and Vegetarian WDW) that I keep reading through and taking notes on in my DIsney notebook!!! We know all the places we can eat and I can bring the notebook with us as a reference!!
I also tend to get really excited when I see on forums that people are going to be going the same time as me (Sept 13-22!!!!!), even though I can't imagine I would ever see them there!!!

goofygirl64
06-11-2011, 10:04 AM
We ususally watch the Haunted Mansion movie, the Tower of Terror Movie, and maybe one of the Pirates movies. Sometimes we go the the local Disney Store too, just to get primed up for our arrival! 183 days and counting!!

darthmacho
06-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Planning incessantly is what I do, and that involves Internet research, videos, books, apps, podcasts, and of course, lots of Intercot!
Looking at pictures of our past vacations is fun too.

JPL
06-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Don't really need to get excited it's a natural reaction the second I find out I'm going :mickey:

plutosnana
06-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I just post here quite a lot, and sometimes we watch Disney movies and have Disney dinner nights, with recipes from Disney restaurants for dinner, as we get close to a new trip.

Hey the recipes sound fun! Where do you get them?

PlutoToo
06-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Some recipes are right here on Intercot. Look in the info central/ dining section.

TheMartellFamily
06-12-2011, 04:12 PM
For me I do not need to get excitited, just the thought of a trip to WDW puts me where I want to be.

MrPeetrie
06-12-2011, 09:28 PM
It starts here. The closer to a trip I get, the more I post. The more posts I read, too.

Next is the planning phase. This might be my favorite part. I try to visualize each day and make priority seating arrangements accordingly. I'll play these days out in my head repeatedly to see if I have a good itinerary, one that's not too overbearing. This year, unlike past years where everyday was a surprise, my wife and DD5 and I collaborated on the schedule. We each had our own "must-sees."

This year, we used Disney's link to customize our own WDW preview DVD. We'll also watch the planning DVD several times, as well.

We'll buy Birnbaum's book (again).

At the two-week mark, we'll play "One of my most favorite things," a game where each night before bed we get to tell one of our most favorite things about a Disney trip. No repeats, please.

We'll watch home videos of past trips and YouTube videos of rides we want to see.

The night before we leave, we'll go to dinner at the Baltimore House (a tradition) and talk about tomorrow. Then, it's off to the Disney store for some last-minute Disney apparel. This year, we'll also order Official WDW merchandise from the web for our departure day.

Finally, we will play a CD of park rides on the way to the airport.

How excited are you???!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MickeysEars
06-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I am on here a lot, especially right before because I am looking for new things I have never done. I read my books, my new favorites are the behind the scenes and secret books. OOOO, we should do a book exchange...ok anyhoo, I also love watching old videos, it always reminds me of what I want to go do AGAIN!

TiggerDeb
06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
I am on Intercot all the time reading up on other peoples trips and pre-trips, once I have made the reservations, ADR's and booked flights, it is time to make decorations for the room and I do that with our grandchildren as they are always with us for our trips. At the 100 day mark I make a countdown calendars, one for my house and one for the grandchildrens house, and we mark off each day as it gets closer and closer.
86 days to do....:mickey:

brivers222
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
I tweak my spreadsheet(s) and book / modify ADRs ;) :number1:

DisneyGirl85
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
-Watch the Disney Vacation Video
-Make my customized Disney planning book/binder & Update my "Mouse Memo" app
-Make dining reservations
-Put countdowns on all my computers & cell phones
-I am always on Intercot
-Listen to the Intercot podcasts every day on my way to & from work
-Get together all my Disney Pins
-Make a Disney CD with park & ride themed songs (it's like I'm already there)
-Listen to sorcerer radio all day at work
-Look for any new Disney apps for my iPhone 4 (just added the Hidden Mickey app & the WDW Lines app)
-Go on my "Disney Diet"....5 pounds lost so far! 5 more to go....
-Read "The Hidden Magic of WDW"
-Put Disney movies on my iPad 2 for the plane ride

14 More Days!!!!!